XPO | I/B dock police

Don’t forget the unwashed trailers
I think local management has a lot to do with this kind of thing. I don’t work in the city, but know that our city vans get swept/emptied at the end of the outbound. At the FAC’s, most trailers get swept, straps hung up etc. Safestack definitely need better maintenance, that’s getting worse every day.
If I was in the city, there is no way I’d take a trailer with garbage plowed into the nose of the trailer. It’s bad enough you have to deliver all the stuff we damage. That was the worst part of the city operation to me. As far as unwashed trailers, we still have wash day once a month. Always have.

I think local management has a lot to do with this kind of thing. I don’t work in the city, but know that our city vans get swept/emptied at the end of the outbound. At the FAC’s, most trailers get swept, straps hung up etc. Safestack definitely need better maintenance, that’s getting worse every day.
If I was in the city, there is no way I’d take a trailer with garbage plowed into the nose of the trailer. It’s bad enough you have to deliver all the stuff we damage. That was the worst part of the city operation to me. As far as unwashed trailers, we still have wash day once a month. Always have.
On wash day once a month I'm guessing you are at an FAC? Non-FAC terminals have to hope for rain.

On delivering freight in trailers with all types of things pushed up to the front: I agree on not taking the trailer out but there is little you can do if it's loaded and you cannot see or get to the front to find strap piles , pallet fragments , gravel , or whatever doesn't get cleaned from trailer when it's empty.

We get washed 2 times a year . Maybe

On wash day once a month I'm guessing you are at an FAC? Non-FAC terminals have to hope for rain.

On delivering freight in trailers with all types of things pushed up to the front: I agree on not taking the trailer out but there is little you can do if it's loaded and you cannot see or get to the front to find strap piles , pallet fragments , gravel , or whatever doesn't get cleaned from trailer when it's empty.
I hear ya driver. If that happened to me, you can bet I’d find out who loaded my run and have a few words with them the next morning. We run a small FAC, class 2. About to get bigger. We will be running a bunch of day runs to meet drivers from XAY to relieve pressure in XNW. Should be an interesting spring for us.

I hear ya driver. If that happened to me, you can bet I’d find out who loaded my run and have a few words with them the next morning. We run a small FAC, class 2. About to get bigger. We will be running a bunch of day runs to meet drivers from XAY to relieve pressure in XNW. Should be an interesting spring for us.

If they are to lazy to sweep it out at night.... why should I have to clean up their mess in the morning ?

Yeah , yeah that’s it . I do that too. That makes me seem like I know what I’m talking about.

Customers are always amazed I can get them up in the ceiling without using something. But I am tall enough to get them up there. What's really bad is when one of the rails is ripped out of the wall and twisted like a dagger. Then I got to pallet jack some skids around that thing. Because they don't want nothing to do with it. Won't go in there at all.

Customers are always amazed I can get them up in the ceiling without using something. But I am tall enough to get them up there. What's really bad is when one of the rails is ripped out of the wall and twisted like a dagger. Then I got to pallet jack some skids around that thing. Because they don't want nothing to do with it. Won't go in there at all.
XPO has throw-away trailers at this point. The company won't make an announcement , but all one has to do is look around.

It's not turning out like whoever sold this "SafeStack" system to Con-way told them it would.

I imagine at the meeting Con-way executives didn't want to buy this stuff because of maintenance and the price to install. The salespeople said "don't worry about maintenance , your drivers can replace the beams and we'll give you a discount on the sale"

And a sucker was born. How much is spent on replacement beams? Damaged freight? ( which is what this system was supposed to prevent ) How much time is wasted f#cking with the beams falling down between every stop in the city? Looking ALL OVER the dock for the bar to push up the beams? ( where do they all disappear to? )

Throw-away trailers. Too expensive to maintain. So the answer is to let drivers use them until they can't.

XPO has throw-away trailers at this point. The company won't make an announcement , but all one has to do is look around.

It's not turning out like whoever sold this "SafeStack" system to Con-way told them it would.

I imagine at the meeting Con-way executives didn't want to buy this stuff because of maintenance and the price to install. The salespeople said "don't worry about maintenance , your drivers can replace the beams and we'll give you a discount on the sale"

And a sucker was born. How much is spent on replacement beams? Damaged freight? ( which is what this system was supposed to prevent ) How much time is wasted f#cking with the beams falling down between every stop in the city? Looking ALL OVER the dock for the bar to push up the beams? ( where do they all disappear to? )

Throw-away trailers. Too expensive to maintain. So the answer is to let drivers use them until they can't.

And the new XPO version is even worse than the originals. A brand new trailer and the whole rail will come right out of the wall. As if it had never been riveted. These things are crazy dangerous.

And the new XPO version is even worse than the originals. A brand new trailer and the whole rail will come right out of the wall. As if it had never been riveted. These things are crazy dangerous.
Well get a rivet tool and get them fixed driver and don't be late to your first stop.

We got a shop. And a driver with a rivet tool punching into blown out holes by hand is an idiot. That :::shit::: ain't holding anything.
That's funny. I've actually seen guys with riviters trying to fix messed up trailers.

I wonder how long it would take a team of repair crews working nonstop to fix ALL the issues with the trailers?

And seriously , where do all of the beam pushup bars disappear to? Are guys eating them? We get several dozen of these every other month.

That's funny. I've actually seen guys with riviters trying to fix messed up trailers.

I wonder how long it would take a team of repair crews working nonstop to fix ALL the issues with the trailers?

And seriously , where do all of the beam pushup bars disappear to? Are guys eating them? We get several dozen of these every other month.
Many barns are making holders at each door to keep the release bars. Something simple to hold them, bracket or clamp. Some keep one in the hole on the back of the forklift (where the two plastic plugs are).

Many barns are making holders at each door to keep the release bars. Something simple to hold them, bracket or clamp. Some keep one in the hole on the back of the forklift (where the two plastic plugs are).

That's what I do. When I find one. I put in on the lift so that I have one. And then everyone breaking the doors around me has one too.