I cancelled NFL Sunday Ticket Today

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jeff, Sep 25, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

There has never been an NBA game played on my tv, NEVER, after yesterday there will never be another NFL game played
    on my tv.
    I think they should never play the anthem before a sporting event.
    Let the teams do a few rapp songs, dance the Boog A Loo or whatever, get out their list and read what we need to change,
    do away with, or what is offending them now and start from scratch.
    If, and "I know this will never happen" they play a few games in an empty stadium, they can pack their bags, go to the
    country of their choice where they are not offended or oppressed, and continue drawing those big pay checks.

falconfan, ABFer and Northern Flash like this.
  2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

I want silence and respect to be shown during the anthem, otherwise the offenders get my look of disgust.

ABFer, Keepingon and seabreeze like this.
  3. Northern Flash

They aren't exercising their rights, they are infringing on our respect for our Flag and country.

:fingure:
    And the lie you rode in on.

Not a single person on here supported them.

4. Northern Flash

And if your employer has any brains, they won't let the operation get disrupted with political arguments.
    And if they tell you don't do it, they also have the right to shitcan you.

5. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Are they gonna make some kind of communist statement against the players as they made Trump make a statement to the Chralottesville group? Nope...because they want communism.....and that includes the Cruz, Rubio, Bush, McCain, Graham, Ryan...and the rest of the Establishment GOP.

6. Northern Flash

Don't forget, the NFL had no problem with Kaperdick's pig/police socks that he wore during a game. And they banned the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a black patch on their uniforms to show respect to their fallen police officers.

7. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

I thought he was delusional. It has now been confirmed. I never read anywhere on here of anyone supporting them.

ABFer and Northern Flash like this.
  8. slavenomore

[​IMG]

ABFer likes this.
  9. Northern Flash

You are full of :shit:. This kneeling issue was growing if anything. You obviously don't follow football, so STFU if you don't know what you're talking about.

runawaytrain likes this.
  10. Northern Flash

It still isn't a free speech issue, and Trump's comments changed nothing.

runawaytrain likes this.
  11. Northern Flash

runawaytrain likes this.
  12. Northern Flash

He is blinded by his ignorance, frustration, and Liberal viewpoint being rejected by the American people.

runawaytrain likes this.
  13. runawaytrain

That was before the anthem. They stood when it began. I still find that unacceptable and I'm done with the Cowboys. I have decided not to burn their apparel but instead give them to the less fortunate. I will drop them off at a Goodwill center tomorrow. I'm done with football.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Northern Flash, falconfan and icuicp like this.
  14. Northern Flash

Jerry Jones is the most filthy rich Anti-American in this country. And worldwide, maybe only second to George Soros.

runawaytrain likes this.
  15. runawaytrain

I think that sorry bastard underestimates the America people. He was booed in Arizona for that. The NFL is making a serious mistake just like the LEFT did on Trump. This will come back to bite them. Let the boycotts begin.

falconfan, ABFer and Northern Flash like this.
  16. Northern Flash

It's time for us peasants to show these elitists that they are only for entertainment, and they mean nothing more than that to us.

falconfan likes this.
  17. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

Dozens of NFL players knelt during the national anthem Sunday, continuing Colin Kaepernick’s protest against racial injustice.

If you’re wondering if we might see a similar form of expression in the NBA, you might be surprised that there’s actually a rule against it.

Officially, the rule is this:

2) Players, coaches, and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

You can see it in the league’s official rulebook under the “Player/Team Conduct and Dress” section, below a rule requiring players to be “uniformly dressed” and above one requiring coaches to wear a sports coat.

Those who make peaceful protests(revolution) impossible , make violent protests(revolution) inevitable. - John F. Kennedy

Dale Earnhardt Jr. quotes JFK , says Americans have right to 'peaceful protest'

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  18. slavenomore

And everybody else does not have to like it or support their protest either.

If you are a person in favor of white people and obtain permits to speak.........your right is always taken away by other violent lefties today...it seems for your rights are shut down because of their behavior.......and then the President is called upon to scold the group who actually was gonna have a peaceful protest if their opposition, who is violent, did not show up.

It's getting more and more obvious that white lives...do not matter as much as the rest.....do they?

19. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

well the employer doesn't allow it

Section A62/62 NFL League Rule book

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
    During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

but like a lot of things in todays society, rules and laws only apply to certain people and groups

As for the 1st Amendment, that applies to the govt. The govt cannot silence your speech doesn't apply to private enterprise, just ask the guy who wrote the Google Manifesto

20. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Wonder why Dimm politicians haven't came out in defense of these "kneelers"??Maybe they recognize the majority of voters are against it and don't want to further disenfranchise themselves to the voters.Take out the "SOB" from Trumps remarks and probably 70-80 percent would agree with him...

seabreeze and Northern Flash like this.