XPO | I fired Con-way.

dougiehowsner2211

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been a viewer of www.truckingboards.com for years, although I never had the guts to actually log on to your board until today. I have been with you guys for quite sometime in the XSL region. I love all the personalities that are here. Although we all could agree we could use without some... Some of you guys and gals are great people. And I will miss you, although I have to move on with my life and do something more creative with my life. The first year was great, but slowly things happened. If you would like to see what those things are please google my user id name here, and it will explain it to you. So far I did hear a large portion you agree with me with what I have to say. It's funny but sad.

There is life after this place believe me.. They took the drive right out of me. Don't blame me, blame them. Or is it the other way around?? Remember its CNW, GOD (if you believe in one.), and family... In that order, if not you'll receive a LOI.

After seeing what our opinions are, perhaps you will reply and tell me the truth. Although you haven't yet so why would I expect anything more?

I would like to thank the BOD, and former executives that made this possible, along with other management types who constantly cussed and yelled. I never understood for the life of me, most FOS's talk about football, nascar, golf, etc. To their "fellow aka buddies" But because I was never one to discuss shop (replace the "o" with an "i".) Nor have any reason to and ask a fellow driver how his weekend was, I would get "Hey we got freight to break." Meanwhile there would be a few talking about their handicap or the 26 inch mammoth gold fish they caught over the weekend for hours.

I would also like to thank the health insurance people. Palin talked about death panels with ObamaCare, but apparently she hasn't had our insurance. I would rather pay it myself than pay for this crap. In my mind its a giant ponzi scheme. We pay hundreds of dollars a year, to go to the hospital to pay another deductible, and then find out after they did there emergency surgery that the insurance isn't going to pay for it. Because I didn't call the insurance company before I got hurt to tell them I was planning to spear my foot.

I would like thank the genius that thought up the 201k... Yes that's what it is.. You want me to learn about the stock market after I have worked 70 hours a week? Before I mow the lawn or after I do my laundry? To read all the B.S. that Standard & Poors supposedly tell us which is a good buy so I can adjust my retirement package to max my retirement benefits? There is a standard although you and I are in the poor bracket.

Ask the BOD if you can manage there retirement packages for one year. Who wants to bet me $24000 -10000 I lost in the few weeks, what they would say?

While I am here let's talk about safety lack there of. P&D operations still use equipment even if the lights don't work. Log violations all over the place, but no one looks at the pay sheets or kronos to double check the logs. That's what the so called third party is for. I contacted the head of the state police about my concerns, and I just about passed out when he said yeah, I just had dinner with your safety guy at some trucking association dinner.. He was a nice guy.. And that's it? Because he bought you a few drinks your going to overlook it?

The whole point of this is when are you people at the top going to look what you have done, there is a underlining majority here. You can give us all the surveys you want, and you only look at the numbers of the good ones. You can have VVT and think it means Voice's and Values Team but to me it's more like a "W T" Waste of time. My fellow drivers want their vacation back that you stole so you make some of the largest purchases in history of the company. A raise would be nice, as long as you don't raise the insurance later that year. You want them to work 3 times as hard to strap freight in and be on time?

Life goes on. I hope the best of luck to all of you in your endeavours.

Well Just Damn! Why didn't you signup sooner? Afraid I was going to collect your info and report you to your Supervisor?

I have been a viewer of www.truckingboards.com for years, although I never had the guts to actually log on to your board until today. I have been with you guys for quite sometime in the XSL region. I love all the personalities that are here. Although we all could agree we could use without some... Some of you guys and gals are great people. And I will miss you, although I have to move on with my life and do something more creative with my life. The first year was great, but slowly things happened. If you would like to see what those things are please google my user id name here, and it will explain it to you. So far I did hear a large portion you agree with me with what I have to say. It's funny but sad.

There is life after this place believe me.. They took the drive right out of me. Don't blame me, blame them. Or is it the other way around?? Remember its CNW, GOD (if you believe in one.), and family... In that order, if not you'll receive a LOI.

After seeing what our opinions are, perhaps you will reply and tell me the truth. Although you haven't yet so why would I expect anything more?

I would like to thank the BOD, and former executives that made this possible, along with other management types who constantly cussed and yelled. I never understood for the life of me, most FOS's talk about football, nascar, golf, etc. To their "fellow aka buddies" But because I was never one to discuss shop (replace the "o" with an "i".) Nor have any reason to and ask a fellow driver how his weekend was, I would get "Hey we got freight to break." Meanwhile there would be a few talking about their handicap or the 26 inch mammoth gold fish they caught over the weekend for hours.

I would also like to thank the health insurance people. Palin talked about death panels with ObamaCare, but apparently she hasn't had our insurance. I would rather pay it myself than pay for this crap. In my mind its a giant ponzi scheme. We pay hundreds of dollars a year, to go to the hospital to pay another deductible, and then find out after they did there emergency surgery that the insurance isn't going to pay for it. Because I didn't call the insurance company before I got hurt to tell them I was planning to spear my foot.

I would like thank the genius that thought up the 201k... Yes that's what it is.. You want me to learn about the stock market after I have worked 70 hours a week? Before I mow the lawn or after I do my laundry? To read all the B.S. that Standard & Poors supposedly tell us which is a good buy so I can adjust my retirement package to max my retirement benefits? There is a standard although you and I are in the poor bracket.

Ask the BOD if you can manage there retirement packages for one year. Who wants to bet me $24000 -10000 I lost in the few weeks, what they would say?

While I am here let's talk about safety lack there of. P&D operations still use equipment even if the lights don't work. Log violations all over the place, but no one looks at the pay sheets or kronos to double check the logs. That's what the so called third party is for. I contacted the head of the state police about my concerns, and I just about passed out when he said yeah, I just had dinner with your safety guy at some trucking association dinner.. He was a nice guy.. And that's it? Because he bought you a few drinks your going to overlook it?

The whole point of this is when are you people at the top going to look what you have done, there is a underlining majority here. You can give us all the surveys you want, and you only look at the numbers of the good ones. You can have VVT and think it means Voice's and Values Team but to me it's more like a "W T" Waste of time. My fellow drivers want their vacation back that you stole so you make some of the largest purchases in history of the company. A raise would be nice, as long as you don't raise the insurance later that year. You want them to work 3 times as hard to strap freight in and be on time?

Sad but unfortunatly I feel alot of folks will be leaving as Many have already started leaving we lost a 20 year Veteran last year why Tired of the politics high health insurance and lack of honesty from upper managment we have lost many since him the trend is growing !! Good luck with your endeavors !!

Sad but unfortunatly I feel alot of folks will be leaving as Many have already started leaving we lost a 20 year Veteran last year why Tired of the politics high health insurance and lack of honesty from upper managment we have lost many since him the trend is growing !! Good luck with your endeavors !!

I'm just curious, who did he go to work for?

So, where are you working now? You shared all that other stuff, why not tell us where your at now..Of course you could just make up something else. lol

So, where are you working now? You shared all that other stuff, why not tell us where your at now..Of course you could just make up something else. lol
Wow he didn't say a thing about the union, slap me and call me sally.

If you would like to see what those things are please google my user id name here, and it will explain it to you. So far I did hear a large portion you agree with me with what I have to say. It's funny but sad.

i fill like i know you .i did google your user id lol.So very true!Wish i had your computer skills ,sure would"nt of wasted my life here......

If you would like to see what those things are please google my user id name here, and it will explain it to you. So far I did hear a large portion you agree with me with what I have to say. It's funny but sad.

i fill like i know you .i did google your user id lol.So very true!Wish i had your computer skills ,sure would"nt of wasted my life here......
You must be talking about the video.

I think you are going to see more and more of this. The upside to working here has been premium pay and benefits. That is long gone. Without it, there is little reason to remain. I hear a lot of guys in my terminal, at the FAC and here in the forums say they can't possibly give up and start over. The bottom line is that if you truely care about your well being. And the well being of your family. You need to. They have turned this company into an LTL version of Swift. People come here to get the skills neccesary to leave. This is a job. Not a career.

These guys get bitter and upset and make funny videos. Which was very entertaining. But I guess it is because they didn't know when they hired in. You need to use this to get what you want. If you do not, they will use you to get what they want. At which point, you should rightly feel used.

I think you are going to see more and more of this. The upside to working here has been premium pay and benefits. That is long gone. Without it, there is little reason to remain. I hear a lot of guys in my terminal, at the FAC and here in the forums say they can't possibly give up and start over. The bottom line is that if you truely care about your well being. And the well being of your family. You need to. They have turned this company into an LTL version of Swift. People come here to get the skills neccesary to leave. This is a job. Not a career.

These guys get bitter and upset and make funny videos. Which was very entertaining. But I guess it is because they didn't know when they hired in. You need to use this to get what you want. If you do not, they will use you to get what they want. At which point, you should rightly feel used.
This way i have a second job and may turn out to be my first one.

Great video !!
With skills like that you will do better than humping freight the rest of your life. Your body,Family and pocket book will be much more happy.