XPO | I got a job offer at Conway...

If you gave management a min of 2 hour notice to shift start with a doctor statement- you should not receive an "unexcused" with points applied I always go an submit online absence management at your personal portal That way you can show your Integrity that you did the right thing. Cross your T's dot your I's and if something comes up HR can be emailed with just a click. When HR is involved they back off cause it looks bad on their ability to manage and it will reflect poorly on opportunities to advance up the leadership ladder. They made the rules just follow the rules! Any HR problems ALWAYS reflects poorly cause they never go away it is always on their file.

I had the exact same choices over 20 years ago. The best choice then looked like Con-way, but if I had to do it over I would go with Holland! Do not make my mistake young man go to Holland now and enjoy! I am to old to change now I work on without my pension and knowing I have been snookered out of what I was promised at Con-way. RUN FOREST RUN RUN DO NOT LOOK BACK!

Just remember, conway is always hiring. Enjoy the benefits of a union if you are given the opportunity. Ot after 8, free medical, pension program and being treated like a human and not a number. you have the rest of your life to work for the bottom of the barrel at conway. Well leave the light on for ya

Ever wonder why Conway was so eager to offer you a job? This company cannot keep employees, the turn over is so high around here it's not even funny. They will paint this shiny blue picture about how great this company is but the fact is after you walk through the doors it all changes and changes quick, these unskilled managers attempt to manage by fear and initimidation and it works on most. They will threaten your job they will belittle you as a employee and in the mean time you have to kiss major ass just to get hours. I have seen more then a 100 and thats a rough number but probably more walk in and leave behind this activity. If you choose to become a future convict .. Just use caution around everyone and management . I would recommend you go with Holland or ABF for long term employment , this place is not as good as it seems !

Well thanks for all of the advice. Based off of the comments on here and from others else where, I have taken the job with USF Holland. During my experiences in interview processes and talking to guys when I was there for my road test, It just seemed like Conway employees were always being pushed and in a rush, Some were even wanting to talk to the guy that interviewed me about points they were given. On the other hand Holland seemed to have more seasoned guys that were easier going, and its closer to home. So I hope I made the correct decision, I hope I can fit in well there and get my years put in, I figure I still have to work 30 to 40 years before I will be able to retire.

You'll be well compensated for your labor at holland And not treated like a Like a number with a camera in your face while you drive. Like I said, were always hiring at conway for a reason. Good luck teamster! You set the bar for all of us non union guys

FAC is a place where you'll be worked to death and possibly fired !

You'll be well compensated for your labor at holland And not treated like a Like a number with a camera in your face while you drive. Like I said, were always hiring at conway for a reason. Good luck teamster! You set the bar for all of us non union guys

He would've made more money here, but seemed weak, so probably good that he took the union job, he couldn't have handled it here, that's for sure. Hey Rollin, why haven't you tried to get a job at Holland..oh yeah you like job security..hahaha...

He would've made more money here, but seemed weak, so probably good that he took the union job, he couldn't have handled it here, that's for sure. Hey Rollin, why haven't you tried to get a job at Holland..oh yeah you like job security..hahaha...

Oh please... The con-way apologist strikes again!!

They won't hire people with criminal records. That's why I'm here

Well thanks for all of the advice. Based off of the comments on here and from others else where, I have taken the job with USF Holland. During my experiences in interview processes and talking to guys when I was there for my road test, It just seemed like Conway employees were always being pushed and in a rush, Some were even wanting to talk to the guy that interviewed me about points they were given. On the other hand Holland seemed to have more seasoned guys that were easier going, and its closer to home. So I hope I made the correct decision, I hope I can fit in well there and get my years put in, I figure I still have to work 30 to 40 years before I will be able to retire.
So how much research did you actually do on the company itself?

I hope they don't set the bar.I don't want a pay cut....I think FedEx is now setting the bar...they rule LTL right now.

I hope they don't set the bar.I don't want a pay cut....I think FedEx is now setting the bar...they rule LTL right now.
Free medical, pension, ot after 8. No pushing and shoving. Thats a high bar to beat. I bet our guys wouldn't turn it down

Beerfd, you read it yourself what young guns view was of conway..a convict was begging not to discipline him with points in front of a new hire. Real smart HR man. Sorry beer, not even you could Bs young guns.

They won't hire people with criminal records. That's why I'm here

Damn Rollin62 your a convict to ? I thought ltu was the only barn that harbour's criminals and fugitives. We have sex offenders that has to get permission to leave the state to run linehaul and peeps with dwi's, wife beaters , dope smokers and the Conway strangler ! Wtf . They hire first class mofo's around here .

Free medical, pension, ot after 8. No pushing and shoving. Thats a high bar to beat. I bet our guys wouldn't turn it down

He's not going to get that to start..besides he woukd have ot at 8 in central. And more per hour. He'll be looking for a job soon.. you have to look at the future..not what somebody tells you on a message board.
I've never been abused or treated badly. I've been here a long while. I don't care what the guy does..he could go work at Aldi for all I care.

Beerfd, you read it yourself what young guns view was of conway..a convict was begging not to discipline him with points in front of a new hire. Real smart HR man. Sorry beer, not even you could Bs young guns.
His view of Conway is what a guy with a sack on his head is telling him.