Holland | I got a job offer at Holland...

Younggun. Call the local 600 Union Hall there in St. Louis and ask for the Holland BA. He can answer your questions without some of the BS you are getting on here. He can also put you in touch with the city steward. I work the road out of St. Louis. Came over from YRC and do not regret the decision. Having worked both union and non-union LTL I think the choice between Holland and Conway is a no brainier. Also last time I checked our city/dock casuals in StL were working 40+ hours a week.

Younggun. Call the local 600 Union Hall there in St. Louis and ask for the Holland BA. He can answer your questions without some of the BS you are getting on here. He can also put you in touch with the city steward. I work the road out of St. Louis. Came over from YRC and do not regret the decision. Having worked both union and non-union LTL I think the choice between Holland and Conway is a no brainier. Also last time I checked our city/dock casuals in StL were working 40+ hours a week.

I took your advice and called the BA, also the nice woman that handled a lot of the hiring process had the steward call me to answer the questions I had. They felt really welcoming and genuine. Based off of the comments on here and from others else where, I have taken the job with USF Holland. During my experiences in interview processes and talking to guys when I was there for my road test, It just seemed like Conway employees were always being pushed and in a rush, Some were even wanting to talk to the guy that interviewed me about points they were given. On the other hand Holland seemed to have more seasoned guys that were easier going, and its closer to home. So I hope I made the correct decision, I hope I can fit in well there and get my years put in, I figure I still have to work 30 to 40 years before I will be able to retire.

I took your advice and called the BA, also the nice woman that handled a lot of the hiring process had the steward call me to answer the questions I had. They felt really welcoming and genuine. Based off of the comments on here and from others else where, I have taken the job with USF Holland. During my experiences in interview processes and talking to guys when I was there for my road test, It just seemed like Conway employees were always being pushed and in a rush, Some were even wanting to talk to the guy that interviewed me about points they were given. On the other hand Holland seemed to have more seasoned guys that were easier going, and its closer to home. So I hope I made the correct decision, I hope I can fit in well there and get my years put in, I figure I still have to work 30 to 40 years before I will be able to retire.

You made a very wise choice my young friend!!! Congrats, you will work hard and long hours, but it will pay off, Holland is a good company and you will thank yourself for making this move!!

I'm proud of you Bro, just do em proud, Yourself, the Union, your Steward, and your Brothers!!!!

:)

UPDATE, Its been 6 months...

So I have been with Holland for six months now and it is going well. I worked as a casual for three months before getting my letter of probation. I was able to get all the hours I wanted as casual with a good start time and hit the road everyday, it was nice except for the stress of knowing if something went wrong I would loose my job. But, now that I am on the board I work the dock for 8 or until they call overtime and then hit the road for a few more hours, still not bad. They kept hiring like crazy after I got on and now they are quite a few people under me and I had options on my last bid. I am happy with the medical ins offered too. All in all it is going well and I am glad I chose Holland. Its nice knowing that with time my sonority will get better along with what bid, run, and truck I choose. And since I am younger I have plenty of time. Thanks for all of the advise you guys gave me, that was a major factor in me settling on Holland.