I got an Atta Boy

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
hi guys here at the local Lincoln/Mercury dealer waiting while I get new tires and a host of other fun things done to my 16 year old truck. I went with the $155.00 Kelly's instead of the $230.00 Michillins.

Prior to the Kelly's I had Firestones and they were great 4 years on that truck and literally no trouble at all.
Wore the tires out, but 4 years is pretty good.

Any how yesterday at work I got back and ran into my boss. He gave me an At A Boy for putting up with some real bull feacal matter if you will. A customer screwed up there order and had there order ship the stuff to a market place store I do. The way the matter was handled by other departments in the company ticked my boss off he was out on a run with another driver far away but he was hot.

Anyhow they said thank you for taking the time to seperate that customers stuff from the market place and you know thanks for being such a good sport about it. When I asked the ATMs who was out on that route and they said you I knew it would be alright and the job would get done without any back talk.

Some guys back talk and I don't i just take the time to get it done. I said to my boss that was some BS wasn't it?
He went
"
Total bs and if I was at my desk in the office things may have gone very differently.

Okay so I got my new tires and the truck runs much nicer, with them on night and day difference, but were not out of the woods yet I'm going for round 2 tomorrow getting new tie rods and ball joins both uppers and lowers on both sides. The ones on there now were torn to pieces literally completely unsalvageable. Also it appears that my rear oil seal is leaking so I've already allocated funds to fix that if advised to, it's going to be like I have a brand new truck. I haven't really put very much money into my personal car the past 1.5 years so now were at the 216,700 mile tune up and I'm spending dough like a drunk sailor.

Congrats on the atta boy, it's always good to hear, as far as spending money to keep it running, in reality how many payments on something new would it be, something new that's out of sight price wise and that drops in value like a rock, I've never been afraid to pay more for a really nice clean older used vehicle with lower miles that have a reputation of being very reliable, they do take time to find but they're out there, my truck is 20 years old and my car is 19, and both still get a lot of looks at stop lights.

I sold my 2002 Cadillac to my brother and I had a lot of work done to that car it had a lot of new stuff and when I sold it to him he asked me what he had to do to it and I said not very much not really anything at all.
His girlfriend wanted him to go out and lease or buy a brand new car loan and payments and all and he told her that was not an option.