ODFL | I Hate This Crap

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
has anybody else had to put deliver, open and put together manikins at that damn womens clothing store. i hate it!

No, never had to do that when I did P&D, but why are doing that anyways, your suppose to just deliver the freight, aren't you?

naw i wish i could just deliver it, if i cause anyproblems with this company the complaints go straight to corporate. my assistant tm calls this account a white glove account, but i think thats od's problem they got tomany white glove accounts when are we gonna stop bendin over backwards just to get some dedicated accounst arround here!

I'm pretty sure you went above & beyond the call of duty on this one.

Who is the account?I have never had a delivery anywere close to doing that.If the box is not dammaged you don't even have to hang around for them to open it.

If business doesn't pick up the city boys might have to start delivering singing telegrams or dressing up as strippers.
Maybe you'll have to start installing the dell computers.

If business doesn't pick up the city boys might have to start delivering singing telegrams or dressing up as strippers.
Maybe you'll have to start installing the dell computers.

Well, I can't sing worth a darn(no American Idol for me) and everything up north is now down south, so stripper is out.

As for installing dell computers, I can hang with that for $75/hr.

Oh wait, I'm not a city driver:hide:

all i can say is that we do all the shipping for this company, everything that has to be trucked we do it. i will tell u i was at another store and i was taken the skids down by liftgate and they were stacked really high and they fell off the back of the truck the next day im in the offic with my assistant tm and hes reading me an email from our regional vp sayin fix it or ill find somebody else who can (refering to the management). i think its stupid that i have to be humiliated as a truck driver to do this crap. Its bad enuff i gotta do inside delivvery and put the crap where they want it but i also gotta be a slave.

Sounds like the womens clothing store beginning with T inside delivery scan the boxes like penneys and put them any where they want.Mine is very easy which i think is the only one we service which is easy,all the rest are inside the mall or have a very cramped parking area or you can't park near the store and have to truck it a ways.For all of you older employees let us remember the greeting card company deliveries and the kiddie pools for the "K" department store chain.

kiddie pools

I wonder who has those pools now.They were a real blessing,when they left that is.Do you remember those white storage racks broke down that came out of Florida ?

We're back to requiring a signature. Too many would disappear from ppl's doorsteps.

10-4 on that. I've put on more miles in reverse somedays with my 48' dropping these treadmills off. You'd see the amount of phone lines clipped dropped dramatically as well w/o residentials.