ODFL | I Hate This Crap

Benifits

I agree doing the extra step that should normally be the function of the customer or another source should not be our job.

Does this include going into the upscale mall to the boutiques on week days when all the really good looking women that have nothing to do but shop because their rich hubby's totally support them are there. If so I might just volunteer for this duty. I am a sucker for those jobs.

Customers

The last thing we need to forget is our customer. They pay the bills, if the job is to much for you ie putting togather dolls (winky Wink) then stop.

At my terminal we have a cartage company take our treadmills and deliver them. Its great everyone makes a little money off them and OD drivers never see them. Also If I was sent into a store to set up a manican, Id screw it up bad, (scratch it up, break the arm off) they would ask "what are you doing?" and I would say " I dont have a clue, im just wingin it here"

If we each look at a different region that we are in, we would all say 'just how do you do that'. We went on vacation in east TN outside Gatlinburg and did see an OD in the back woods with a 48 and thinking that it was an awful narrow road or when going through western Atlanta seeing how the building are built right up on the road with stop lights that did not look like they were high enough to go under.