FedEx Freight | I have a procedure question for you guys on the east side?

It's interesting, although wrong, that city drivers are allowed to turn down linehaul runs with impunity, but God forbid a road driver should refuse city work when he gets back in the morning. That is a serious crime.

Sling Blade said:
It's interesting, although wrong, that city drivers are allowed to turn down linehaul runs with impunity, but God forbid a road driver should refuse city work when he gets back in the morning. That is a serious crime.

I've never seen a RD forced to run the city. Where is this at?:nutkick:

Sling Blade said:
R&L does this regularly as far as I've seen, but I guess it may vary depending on the management of the terminal you work at.

Some are better than others.

Sorry sling I thought I was on the fdxf site.:duh:

Sling Blade said:

Easy driver I didn't see that you were talking about another company. I broke my crystal ball and did not know that you worked for a different company. Just busting your chops.:smilie_132:

We sent out some road drivers this morning to the city . It was easy stuff like switches and few one stopers . I did not hear any fussing.

No they stayed in the unit they bid it was the city driver that got screwed .

Smokestack said:
No they stayed in the unit they bid it was the city driver that got screwed .

If that were the case here, I wouldn't mind the city work too much at all. But I am one who has little patience for unnecessary BS. And having to change trucks after a linehaul run just to go make a *** damn delivery, IS UNNECESSARY BS!!!

Familyman said:
Unless you slip with someone, then you would be messing them up to keep the unit.

If you do another linehaul run, albeit a short one, then you can keep your truck and nothing's said. Although that's something they don't want you to know, because the posted sign reads as follows:

"Any linehaul driver assigned to a city delivery must swap tractor for one that is not assigned to a city driver."

Notice that nothing is said about another linehaul run. That said, let the city driver take another truck. The road driver would have to if the city driver wasn't back yet anyway.

Just more selective enforcement...