XPO | I have a question for the anti union guys at Conway

rattlehead

he said member uh huh huh
Credits
O.K. in response to Wondering99's post "I have a question for the pro conway union drivers" whay are some of you against going union?

Hmmmmmm.... 137 views and not one response as to why not.
:6837::Emoticon_digging::6781:

you want an answer that bad? So you like numbers?
you won't like my answer but I have been on both sides of this fence.

Why not?
easy, count how many times in the history of this company it's officials have been charged, indited, and convicted of illegal activities, documentable charges. Now do the same for the other organization that you want me to sign my future over to. Who has a longer, larger history of questionable practices and greed?

Remember this site is all opinions.

Why not?
easy, count how many times in the history of this company it's officials have been charged, indited, and convicted of illegal activities, documentable charges. Now do the same for the other organization that you want me to sign my future over to. Who has a longer, larger history of questionable practices and greed?

How do you know that if they dug deep enough and long enough like they did with the other organization that some of the same would surface.(just sayin)

Why not?

angry much? lol.:flame: no I'm not into numbers (even though the company I work for seems to care only about numbers and they treat us like we are nothing but numbers), I was just looking for some insight as to why. Your answer isn't good enough for me though. I don't care how crooked they were in the past, what can they do for me now? If you know anything about what happened to Hoffa Sr. you would know that it is because he was cleaning up the Teamsters that he got "whacked" by the mob, not the union. You wanna talk about signing your future over? We got a 28 yr cnwy guy that is going to retire this month. His pension from cnwy will be $800/month. My dad retired after 30 years and is getting $3000/month (going on 10 years now). Do the math on that future. I too have been on both sides, and believe me the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it sure pays more green to be there. :duh:

angry much? lol.:flame: no I'm not into numbers (even though the company I work for seems to care only about numbers and they treat us like we are nothing but numbers), I was just looking for some insight as to why. Your answer isn't good enough for me though. I don't care how crooked they were in the past, what can they do for me now? If you know anything about what happened to Hoffa Sr. you would know that it is because he was cleaning up the Teamsters that he got "whacked" by the mob, not the union. You wanna talk about signing your future over? We got a 28 yr cnwy guy that is going to retire this month. His pension from cnwy will be $800/month. My dad retired after 30 years and is getting $3000/month (going on 10 years now). Do the math on that future. I too have been on both sides, and believe me the grass isn't always greener on the other side but it sure pays more green to be there. :duh:

Thanx Rattlehead,

I guess your 28 year DSR should have planned better.

Please allow me to extrapolate; Can't speak to the Hoffa history because I was not there, but the pension part is addressable with some questionable and numerological slight of hand.

The difference between $800/mo and $3000/mo is substantial to say the least. And I won't even see $800 because I have less years vested in our long gone pension plan then the 28 year DSR you speak of. The $3000/mo number was given to me by the president of the company as a good, sound and realistic pension to expect if we receive average wage increases and if I work Line Haul 5 out of the last 10 years of my employment - to up my average income on which the pension is calculated. AND I would retire when I turned 59 1/2 yrs old.

Lets see how this runs out;

IF I were to live 20 years after retirement, I will be 90 years old. I now have to work to age 70 as opposed to 59 1/2 because retirement is no longer affordable, and I figure I will not be able to work past age 70. I don't know this part as fact, but am assigning reasonable numbers just for the sake of this exercise. Disregard all of this should I die before retirement due to accident or illness. Either way, it is a 20 year retirement that seems reasonable considering how long people live today. Besides, numbers that exceed the cumulative number of digits on my body are too difficult to work with as they become abstract at that point.

$3000/mo - $800/mo = $2200/mo(GONE)
$2200/mo x 1 year = $26,400/yr(GONE)
$26,400/yr x 20 years = $528,000.00(GONE)

Well, this is how the numbers run out. The mathematical formula used is complicated so please trust me on this. There is no opinion interjected here, just facts. And, yes, I did not include our monster big "Catch Up" 401K that lasted for 3 years.

My personal GONE number will be $576,000.00,
($600/mo vs. $800/mo)
I guess I should have "planned better".​

If you don't trust Con-way or yourself, for that matter, to handle your retirement plans how in the world can you think the Teamsters can do any better.

Just FYI the Teamsters do not run the pension fund ! It is a jointly administered fund by Employers and Teamsters board members. Another bit of information in the West the Western States Fund is administered by Prudential . Hope that helps.
If you don't trust Con-way or yourself, for that matter, to handle your retirement plans how in the world can you think the Teamsters can do any better.

And the teamsters are running short of money so that's why they want new "blood". You work to pay their past employees and pray there is something there when you retire. I know several teamsters who are taking their money asap because of that.

there are two sides here ... you both need to prove that without using a buddy mine said or I heard..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

wonderring99 said:
there are two sides here ... you both need to prove that without using a buddy mine said or I heard..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

The pension fund isnt much different then social security,if there are less people paying in then are taking out you will have a problem. If I were to have a hand in negotiating a contract I would insist that my company have a seperate fund of its own,or I wouldnt organize at all.

I think the issue is the funding of the pension fund. Not so much who handles it.

But thinking about the prevalent trust issues today, maybe handling the pension should be an issue too.

And the teamsters are running short of money so that's why they want new "blood". You work to pay their past employees and pray there is something there when you retire. I know several teamsters who are taking their money asap because of that.

like a previous post said, THE TEAMSTERS DIDN'T CALL US,WE CALLED THEM,XCO INITIATED IT,TEAMSTERS DIDN'T,PAY ATTENTION AND STATE FACTS PLS

Prove your post anosyone

he can't,xco reached out to the teamsters as did all the ul terminals and now the l terminals,we reached out ,teamsters didn't come calling,and as they advised to get MORE terminals involved before a vote by xco, they are looking out for their(xco) best interests

Why Am I against the union? Well, personal experience told me that when they refused to allow me to feed my family when they could not provide me with any employment that the union was more of a benefit to them, than it was to me.

Secondly, I understand the reason for some to choose the teamsters, with their experience in transportation, but you couldn't find a more corrupt criminal organization operating under the premise of sunshine and lollipops than the teamsters. I'm pretty sure you couldn't find one teamsters general president since they created themselves in the late 1800's that hasn't been convicted or at the very least indicted or accused of a federal offense directly related to union activity. Whether it has been bribes, money laundering, extortion, mob influence, or tampering with and stealing dues money, or pension money, these upstanding individuals have done it all in one way or another. Sorry, but I can't see myself giving those racketeers my dues or pension money to hold on to because they tell me they have my best interests at heart. They are politicians, nothing more, nothing less, they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign a card so they can pad their stats.

I'm not so sure why anyone needs this. I have had my problems here in the past, with many labor related issues. I take to the FOS, then the SCM, then the RM, then the regional HR rep, then right to GO and and I don't stop till they listen, and guess what, they have never turned me down when I proved why I was right. Putting a union in here takes that right away from me, I will no longer be allowed to make my voice heard, someone else will now be my voice. Sorry, but I prefer to stand up for myself, not have someone else do it for me.

Why Am I against the union? Well, personal experience told me that when they refused to allow me to feed my family when they could not provide me with any employment that the union was more of a benefit to them, than it was to me.

Secondly, I understand the reason for some to choose the teamsters, with their experience in transportation, but you couldn't find a more corrupt criminal organization operating under the premise of sunshine and lollipops than the teamsters. I'm pretty sure you couldn't find one teamsters general president since they created themselves in the late 1800's that hasn't been convicted or at the very least indicted or accused of a federal offense directly related to union activity. Whether it has been bribes, money laundering, extortion, mob influence, or tampering with and stealing dues money, or pension money, these upstanding individuals have done it all in one way or another. Sorry, but I can't see myself giving those racketeers my dues or pension money to hold on to because they tell me they have my best interests at heart. They are politicians, nothing more, nothing less, they will tell you anything you want to hear to get you to sign a card so they can pad their stats.

I'm not so sure why anyone needs this. I have had my problems here in the past, with many labor related issues. I take to the FOS, then the SCM, then the RM, then the regional HR rep, then right to GO and and I don't stop till they listen, and guess what, they have never turned me down when I proved why I was right. Putting a union in here takes that right away from me, I will no longer be allowed to make my voice heard, someone else will now be my voice. Sorry, but I prefer to stand up for myself, not have someone else do it for me.

I tried that. I related my deep dissatisfaction to the president of this company concerning my pension, health insurance, missing vacation, and base pay compensation for vacations....but nothing happened. Please keep in mind that the pay scale level I appealed to was higher then those you went to. But nothing happened.

Perhaps you can succeed where I failed and show us how to individually stand up for ourselves. Or better yet, simply go in there and stand up for all of us and rectify these issues - for all of us. You'll be a hero.

Dude pwb.....just another bs post in my one ear out my other u dont matter any more sorry pal