XPO | I have a question for the pro conway union drivers

A little long winded are we,you might try a little of that plopplopfizkool-aid,what are the unemployment numbers in Colorado,they claimed the taxes would be twice what they are,you need to stay away from the bud,bud.Everything is George 's fault,not one democrat voted for either one of those wars,I am old enough to remember what the gas prices were and I don't think they were nearly this high for this long.My point about this is ,Con-Way is operating with no integrity,like Obama (you better get your kool-aid out)I have a pen and a phone,like he doesn't care what anyone else thinks,he's doing what he wants to do,why have a congress or senate,just do what I say(kind of like con-way).OH,try the BBC it might enlighten you.
Hey! What did I do? Press on

I am not in management. Nor do I feel like I have been persecuted by Con-way either. For me, it's real simple. It's Con-way's house and it's their rules. No one is forcing me to work here. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up, and I know where the door is if I ever feel that I don't like it. I do not go into my neighbor's home and tell them how to run their household and I will not do it where I work either.

To say that people who do not want the Teamsters at Con-way are all management is no different than saying that all poor people are Democrats or all rich people are Republicans.

I knew what I was getting into also when I hired on at Con-way (CCX),,, Great wages, competitive with the union carriers, 401K match, excellent profit sharing, and PENSION PLAN!!!!
Corporate Management says " they will lie to your face,,,," what has corp. done over the last 15years? They have lied to all of us,,,, so what makes it wrong for us to have a contract in writing?
I'm sure, tell me if I am wrong, that all Corp management has a written contract and a severance package when they retire or are asked kindly to leave or step down,,,,,

Wake up call for all parties involved. Pensions? As a taxpayer I am furious with the pension plans put together for civil service and federal employees. It is not sustainable and my children and thier children will pay the price in taxes and fees being added on to their every day life. If the private sector had pension plans like that a gallon of milk would probably cost us $10 in the grocery store righ now. IBM was one of the very first huge companies to stop contributing and freezing pension plans. 401k is now king for just about every company. Newport Beach, CA. will have a life guard when he retires make over $100K a year in his pension plan. There may be a load of rich people living in Newport but why is a life guard going to reitre make more than I make a year now working my butt off? I don't want to hear they save lives, so do nurses and they really earn their pay and don't get that type of pension.

If you want to talk about greed, lets look at Hedge fund managers. in 2013 the top 25 Hedge fund managers in the world made $21 BILLION dollars in salaries and bonus. That number is correct $21 BILLION, straight from the Financial Times study done, who needs to make $840 million dollars in a year? So when I see a USA CEO who makes over $4 million in a year, I wonder what in gods name warrants it.Apparently board of directors compare what other companies pay and they match or pay more to keep them. Again, it is to satisfy stock holders who demand short quarterly results rather than have a 100 plus year company going on with steady results and benefits for all.

I was a teamster, came from a teamster family and mulitple other family union members. It is now a business that is struggling to keep and get members. They will say anything to get you in. If you really think they are looking out for you, check out what YRC teamsters gave up to stay employed and how long they extended it for again. good luck, you'll need it.

I knew what I was getting into also when I hired on at Con-way (CCX),,, Great wages, competitive with the union carriers, 401K match, excellent profit sharing, and PENSION PLAN!!!!
Corporate Management says " they will lie to your face,,,," what has corp. done over the last 15years? They have lied to all of us,,,, so what makes it wrong for us to have a contract in writing?
I'm sure, tell me if I am wrong, that all Corp management has a written contract and a severance package when they retire or are asked kindly to leave or step down,,,,,
Yup, I was duped. I bled blue. And then they started lying and taking.

Wake up call for all parties involved. Pensions? As a taxpayer I am furious with the pension plans put together for civil service and federal employees. It is not sustainable and my children and thier children will pay the price in taxes and fees being added on to their every day life. If the private sector had pension plans like that a gallon of milk would probably cost us $10 in the grocery store righ now. IBM was one of the very first huge companies to stop contributing and freezing pension plans. 401k is now king for just about every company. Newport Beach, CA. will have a life guard when he retires make over $100K a year in his pension plan. There may be a load of rich people living in Newport but why is a life guard going to reitre make more than I make a year now working my butt off? I don't want to hear they save lives, so do nurses and they really earn their pay and don't get that type of pension.

If you want to talk about greed, lets look at Hedge fund managers. in 2013 the top 25 Hedge fund managers in the world made $21 BILLION dollars in salaries and bonus. That number is correct $21 BILLION, straight from the Financial Times study done, who needs to make $840 million dollars in a year? So when I see a USA CEO who makes over $4 million in a year, I wonder what in gods name warrants it.Apparently board of directors compare what other companies pay and they match or pay more to keep them. Again, it is to satisfy stock holders who demand short quarterly results rather than have a 100 plus year company going on with steady results and benefits for all.

I was a teamster, came from a teamster family and mulitple other family union members. It is now a business that is struggling to keep and get members. They will say anything to get you in. If you really think they are looking out for you, check out what YRC teamsters gave up to stay employed and how long they extended it for again. good luck, you'll need it.

You cant tell these people anything. They think the union will get them a fully funded pension...These people are complaining about something conway stopped 8 years ago..

I personally am not worried about the pension plan just give us back the promised 401 addition that was taken away in lieu of the pension plan !

You cant tell these people anything. They think the union will get them a fully funded pension...These people are complaining about something conway stopped 8 years ago..

I personally am not worried about the pension plan just give us back the promised 401 addition that was taken away in lieu of the pension plan !

That whole deal was like spit in the bucket compared to the pension plan. Even at it's best it was but a few pennies on the dollar.
That day was the turning point for me. Before that, I was proud to work WITH CCX. I really felt they wanted a contented workforce, but it hit me like a ton off bricks when I doodled the math. When walking out of that meeting, I told the SCM, "I give it 2 years and they discontinue this new and 'enhanced' 401K".

I was wrong. It took 3 years.

And all freight goes on sub service. I was told not to tell customer that when he called to track his shipment. Now we lie to customer s. Too? That's integrity right

And all freight goes on sub service. I was told not to tell customer that when he called to track his shipment. Now we lie to customer s. Too? That's integrity right
Driver!
We handle the freight all the way using SafeStack.
Yup, we do.
Repeat after me;
"We handle........

I suppose you must be talking about Bush, Reagan and so on. I know, I know, Everything that is wrong with this current administration is Bush's fault. obummer has made that clear many times. Do you really think that the current administration is doing a good job? I would like an answer to that from anyone. I hope and pray that we get another Reagan some day.

I like how you can twist it around though. I am not saying that everything is the unions fault. I am not saying every republican was a good president. There have been a whole lot of bad presidents back by the union though and not just presidents. The House and Congress are full of union backed politicians that are hell bent to take away our rights and freedoms. Sorry, but I am not ready to give up my rights.

I am a conservative and NOT every republican president had been good. Anyone remember Nixon, Gerald Ford, and the domestic policies of Bush 41? Hoover as well, and these are just the ones that come to mind immediately.

CCX, CSX, CWX, CEX.....All originally spun off from Consolidated Freightways (a union company). Also, the Freightliner (Tractors) name brand was started by Consolidated Freightways.
Consolidated Freightways was the the No. 1 carrier for several years. Before the demise of CF, freight was deverted to Con-Way, thats how they accumulated customers, so fast, and in a short amount of time. If it were not for CF, there would not be Con-Way. It's ironic for Con-Way, also to use the acronym, that is associated with Consolidated Freightways.
As for the demise of so many union carriers, it is attributed to the fact that the turn over rate for these drivers at union companies is very low. That is why it's more expensive to operate these companies. At non-union companies the turn over rate is much more, therefore less pay, less benefits, less vacation time, less overtime pay. And they could fire at will or simply lay-off, without justification. The turn over rate at union companies is so low that some seniority list are 10+ years and growing.

(It is the same) Just a new name and with out the union. A few years back thay gave out a hardback book on the history of con-way to all, and right in the book it said that con-way is CF with out the unoin.