ABF | I have always wondered why SAIA stock has

But they will sell you out in a heart beat had one driver complained bout company not paying on sliding tandems or placards I told him to file on it or just sit an extra 15 to recoup your time. Another driver heard what I was saying and told mgmt on me. I wish I knew who he was I'd damn sure file charges against him at the hall.

Aggravating, isn't it? We are our own worst enemies. We are trained since grade school to "tattle" on others,......yet schools are barred from teaching about the might of solidarity and Unionism and First Amendment rights.

Nowadays, the rule is "cut your own deal" ........even...( especially ) .....at the expense of your fellow workers.......

In spite of the fact that we are supposedly a "Christian" nation.........no one worries about the morality/ dishonesty of tattling on your co-workers.

Maybe that's why businesses are lobbying so hard to remove religion from both schools and workplaces........ someone might stumble across a platitude or two that might cause embarrassment and contrition......

Good Lord! Where would the business community be if people had scruples and honest standards? Where would Wall Street be?

Remember today's business Maxim:
"Require honesty and loyalty from the bottom of a company on up.........and give them neither from the top down."

That's where you can get CEO's lying to the rank-and-file about "buyouts" in the middle of contract negotiations........

If you want to compare market value for companies look at the "market cap" (market capitalization).
Stock price is the market cap divided by "outstanding shares", which is the amount of shares held by the public and company insiders.
The amount of shares differs from company to company and can be changed by at will. They can split shares or even introduce more into the pool, whichwill dilute the stock price. But market cap stays unchanged.

In the LTL field, who else is non union? I know that FedEx is but I've never thought to look. As far as the money goes, Saia makes money, but not a whole lot compared to some of the bigger LTL's.
90 million dollar profit in 2015...is not alot ?...lol

Aggravating, isn't it?

We are our own worst enemies. We are trained since grade school to "tattle" on others,......yet schools are barred from teaching about the might of solidarity and Unionism and First Amendment rights.

In spite of the fact that we are supposedly a "Christian" nation.........no one worries about the morality/ dishonesty of tattling on your co-workers.

When a fellow worker rats out the people he or she works with, the only & best response is to send them a message. How you go about it is up to you. If the rat you have to work with has to use a bus or taxi cab while their ride is undergoing repair that is a message. Being a Teamster ratting out your fellow worker, you might last for years & get away with it. Do that on a Longshoreman's Dock, you life expectancy might be a little shorter. Hang together, or hang separately, management doesn't care, you still hang.