R&L | I Have Had Enough !!!!! I"m Outta Here !

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I am going to find someplace else to work!!!! Some on these boards have convinced me that R&L is screwing us....R&L drivers receive substandard pay,and I have to provide my own pallet jack.... I will only make $65000.00 this year, who can live on that ??? Than dang pallet jack cost me $75.00 4 years ago, HOW IS THAT FAIR ???? I only get 3 weeks of vacation, and next year I will only get 4weeks. I am going to go ahead and stay at the Daytona Resort next month with my family before I quit. I am sure that by staying there for FREE, that somehow R&L is screwing me... Oh yeah, when I stayed at the resort in Fort Meyers, FL last year for FREE, they screwed me then also... I guess that since I am treated decent, that really, I am getting screwed and just don't know it... I wonder if ABF is hiring, maybe just maybe they would hire me and then I could work for a quality outfit with superior wages and benefits....$23.47 just is substandard...Man, how could I have been so stupid all these years working for the Roberts ? All these years I thought they were good people to work for... I have been mislead...Thanks to all the drivers who have helped straiten me out...:hysterical:

damnitt driver!!! i might need to switch from red to green if ya'll are paying city drivers $23 an hour....i can only imagine what linehaul makes.

I am going to find someplace else to work!!!! Some on these boards have convinced me that R&L is screwing us....R&L drivers receive substandard pay,and I have to provide my own pallet jack.... I will only make $65000.00 this year, who can live on that ??? Than dang pallet jack cost me $75.00 4 years ago, HOW IS THAT FAIR ???? I only get 3 weeks of vacation, and next year I will only get 4weeks. I am going to go ahead and stay at the Daytona Resort next month with my family before I quit. I am sure that by staying there for FREE, that somehow R&L is screwing me... Oh yeah, when I stayed at the resort in Fort Meyers, FL last year for FREE, they screwed me then also... I guess that since I am treated decent, that really, I am getting screwed and just don't know it... I wonder if ABF is hiring, maybe just maybe they would hire me and then I could work for a quality outfit with superior wages and benefits....$23.47 just is substandard...Man, how could I have been so stupid all these years working for the Roberts ? All these years I thought they were good people to work for... I have been mislead...Thanks to all the drivers who have helped straiten me out...:hysterical:

Then just quit and shut up

Humorous sarcasm...Love it,greenies for you..Looks like you need them,:hysterical:

I agree we are getting screwed!!! when freight was slow most companies were giving guys 2 -3 days off a week and R&L made us keep working 40-45 hours a week.And 75.00 for a pallet jack? buy one and ship it to me!!! 335.00 up here in Philly, boy did I get screwed !!!! And it broke within a year !!!!

We need a pay raise as an industry. We've lagged behind all other skilled trades. Carpenters,roofers,pipe-fitters,you name the trade they've passed us by in terms of base salary for master level tradesman.Anyone that doesnt think what we do takes skill doesnt know what it is we do.

I agree Brace, they must also be serving us substandard food when they cook out for us in Daytona. That is ok with me, I thought the food was good.

I agree we are getting screwed!!! when freight was slow most companies were giving guys 2 -3 days off a week and R&L made us keep working 40-45 hours a week.And 75.00 for a pallet jack? buy one and ship it to me!!! 335.00 up here in Philly, boy did I get screwed !!!! And it broke within a year !!!!

Found a good used one....

when you apply at abf, ask them about their free resorts, yearly xmas wish list, monthly nascar trips given away to employees, etc...
i've been around the block with a few different trucking companies and what r+l does is unheard of in this industry...good luck to you and enjoy your stay at the resort!!!!

when you apply at abf, ask them about their free resorts, yearly xmas wish list, monthly nascar trips given away to employees, etc...
i've been around the block with a few different trucking companies and what r+l does is unheard of in this industry...good luck to you and enjoy your stay at the resort!!!!
Thanks Buford, I will !!!

Braceface,

Thanx for the positive humor. Too bad a few complain about everything, without seeing the benefits R+L has to offer.

Well it's official now, If something happens to my job I will go green with R/l carriers. Everyone I talk to that has/does work there either loves it or wishes they were still there. Carry on drivers!!:1036316054: