R&L | I Have Had Enough !!!!! I"m Outta Here !

just plain horrific. Do they really think they can get away with treating people like this. Next thing you know they'll be paying for the diesel!!:hysterical:

I'll say this about R&L, they paid me good! I was making $1600.00 per week running teams from Los Angeles to Albuquerque. The trucks were complete junk and they didn't even detail it for us. We had to clean it ourselves! I worked Sunday night through Friday night but man they ran us hard. No time for shower or anything else. It was darn near impossible to make it to albuquerque in the 12 hours they wanted us to. We tried running straight through once and couldn't do it in under 14 hours. It was due to the equipment, trucks couldn't pull a hill for crap. I ended up having back surgery so I had to quit but they did seem kind of shady and unorganized.

1,600 a week on a sleeper truck! I make that on a Memphis,Tn to Meridian ,Ms turn in a day cab a week. It would be more if I get time on the clock or a via.Our sleepers pay almost 60 cent per mile.....

Unions are best suited for those who don't like to work. That's what I see from the people I know that are in them.
A couple people I know which I wouldn't call friends are in one. They think it's great since they take off all the time, come in late, etc. The union job keeps them around. Although when it starts to get slow and business drops off slightly they are sitting at home waiting for work. Then all of a sudden the union sucks? What's the deal?

There are bad employees no matter where you work. The majority of my co-workers here at Roadway work their butts off in line haul. You don't make 80-100,000.00 a year sitting on your butt. I'm just thankful that I'm blessed with a job that has great pay and benefits. We have a guy thats been driving for Roadway for over 55 years out of Indy. I asked him why come you want just retire after being here for so long. He said he just loves his job. Most of our guys over here believe the same thing and have pride in their companies just like you have pride in your company.So to say that simply because I am a Teamster that I do not want to work or that I'm owed something is simply not true. Most of you guys could not work over here because you will not work on weekends! Yes, we get double time on holidays but you will work if you bid runs on that day. Yes ,we get good benefits and pay but we do sacrifice like every other driver out here. I started here when I was twenty-five years old.I am now 35 years old. I can leave at 55 with full pension and health care benefits when most have to pay for insurance when they are working for a company.No harm meant to the guy who lost his former Teamster job but we have hundreds of former McClean,GordonTransport,Transcon,Redball,Western Gillet,CF, Campbell 66,Jones Truckline,Thurston ,and I can go on and on with freight lines that have gone out of business.These guys did not give up and bash a organization.They got out started looking,moved to another city or what ever it took to feed their families. For most of them it paid off.

What do I always say 2nd Shift? The people that they hire should be flipping burgers at best! Don't hire anybody with experience, just need somebody to fill a position.
Anyway, what's up with the hiring freeze???

What do I always say 2nd Shift? The people that they hire should be flipping burgers at best! Don't hire anybody with experience, just need somebody to fill a position.
Anyway, what's up with the hiring freeze???

I got back from Elgin IL Monday and I heard the same thing you and I know them lease drivers are well you know the rest

R+L Resorts

Wow!!! ABF has a resort in the Caribbean free to its employees??? That is awesome. Any other free vacation spots for free or just that one? Right know we have 4 and I'm sure there will be more. Thank you Roberts Family.:1036316054:

I can't believe you really think that because you get to stay at the resort for free that this is a better company than ABF, he broke the numbers down for you. You can't be that brainwashed by the company!

I can't believe you really think that because you get to stay at the resort for free that this is a better company than ABF, he broke the numbers down for you. You can't be that brainwashed by the company!
I believe that is something called SARCASIM :smilie_132:

Between the two Florida resorts I liked Ft Myers the best.Smaller and more comfortable.At night everyone came back and hung out at the pool.It was just more quiet and less people made for easier time to get to know each other.

Between the two Florida resorts I liked Ft Myers the best.Smaller and more comfortable.At night everyone came back and hung out at the pool.It was just more quiet and less people made for easier time to get to know each other.

I would like to check out the BIGBEAR out there in CALI

I would have liked to but I don't think I'm gonna do any flying any more.The airlines are horrible and the govt is doing a crappy job with the security.However they are doing a bang up job rounding up all those terrorist grandmothers that they put through extra screening so that Muslims don't think they are being singled out.:hysterical:

hahaha:hysterical:well you know that were i think that maybe go on a road trip but driven with the wife ohoh that I think would be hard it is hard to go to chicago.If the airlines lower some prices and stop raking us over the coals I'll fly again.:1036316054:

I like snow skiing. I am going to try out Big Bear California this winter. You can ski in the morning, drive 2 1/2 hours and go surfing in the afternoon. I don't think I can surf but the beach would be nice.

I like snow skiing. I am going to try out Big Bear California this winter. You can ski in the morning, drive 2 1/2 hours and go surfing in the afternoon. I don't think I can surf but the beach would be nice.

There is more then surfing you know.But it is somewhere diff,and I like it out there.Let me know how you like it.Catch you later.