ODFL | I keep hearing rumor of a TL division..

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
What's the truth to us starting up a truckload division again? Anyone in the know out East? If so, it'd be interesting to hear what we're mainly going to haul, drive and pull.

JIM BOB has made several references on that subject. Last Thing that I deciphered was the drivers were picked the equipment was being delivered. Don't know when or if its starting. Might just be a few accounts.

tl

the talk in mrt is they have an account with columbia flooring those guys are pulling flat beds from somewhere close to martainsville i hear one guy must work out of mrt see the truck there alot also seen a solid black condo sleeper there according to the not on the fuel pump in gbo there going to have 5 of them to start pulling od 53 foot vans don't know if there didicated wild single or team maybe someone can let us know?

last year we got 8 black sleeper trucks in tupelo. trucks are owned by od but say hickory hill furn. on side of them. drivers are od drivers, but only haul from hickory hill and do a little back hauling. couple of weeks ago they took 3 of those drivers and trucks and sent us 3 od 53ft trls so they could run trucklaod freight to and from tupelo.

If you watched the My Name is Earl DVD you would have heard it right from the horse's mouth that OD wants TL carrier.

DVDs, permits, trucks and good looking women working for OD do not make it out West here. You guys are my informational source and it is appreciated.

Hey guys, I can tell you about the truckload division..It is now at 11 black freightliners and they pull strickly for Columbia Flooring out of Danville, Va. and Martinsville, Va. I just talk to one of the drivers last night and he likes it alot...it has pretty darn good payalso...they also have two more trucks that pull for Polo in Thomasville, N.C. and you may see this more and more...I don't think there is no flat bed service..I have not heard of it nor seen any. The driver told me these trucks run 75mph and pull like a dream, cause of there heavy loads. I'm not sure of the milage pay, but some were close to .40cents a mile, 50.00 dollars a night tosleep in the truck, and 32.50 each time he bumps a dock picking up and delivering. Of cousre they pay all tolls, and expenes'
also pay them to fuel trucks and have the same benifits as LTL..Now another driver also said he kept the same milage pay he had on LTL when he switch over and he had 10 years on LTL..and if he wants to switch back he has to start on the bottom of the board but keeps his company senority...the 10 guys laid off p&d in Gbo got this offer..and there checks are paid directly just like before from OD..So must be a pretty good deal and if it makes a lot of money expect to see more and more nationwide....all this I am telling you came right from the drivers of the TL's mouth..in Gbo.....hope this helps you guys out...

Top Pay!!!

Can any of you guys tell me the top pay at your termianl as far as you know...In GBO we had several drivers make $93.000.00 and quite a few in the $80's and lots of drivers in the $70's and most in the high $60's...pretty good year...hope it continues in 07.:1036316054:

Did about 65k with a good amount of OT or weekend L/H. Looking to do about the same this year w/o as much work due to the rate increase.

some of this is wrong.

Hey guys, I can tell you about the truckload division..It is now at 11 black freightliners and they pull strickly for Columbia Flooring out of Danville, Va. and Martinsville, Va. I just talk to one of the drivers last night and he likes it alot...it has pretty darn good payalso...they also have two more trucks that pull for Polo in Thomasville, N.C. and you may see this more and more...I don't think there is no flat bed service..I have not heard of it nor seen any. The driver told me these trucks run 75mph and pull like a dream, cause of there heavy loads. I'm not sure of the milage pay, but some were close to .40cents a mile, 50.00 dollars a night tosleep in the truck, and 32.50 each time he bumps a dock picking up and delivering. Of cousre they pay all tolls, and expenes'
also pay them to fuel trucks and have the same benifits as LTL..Now another driver also said he kept the same milage pay he had on LTL when he switch over and he had 10 years on LTL..and if he wants to switch back he has to start on the bottom of the board but keeps his company senority...the 10 guys laid off p&d in Gbo got this offer..and there checks are paid directly just like before from OD..So must be a pretty good deal and if it makes a lot of money expect to see more and more nationwide....all this I am telling you came right from the drivers of the TL's mouth..in Gbo.....hope this helps you guys out...

there are 10 or so pulling for columbia flooring and everyone ive seen are white...including the one I drive.
pay is about the same but you still make more on LH with the same miles. however there are other TL parts to this and there pay is diffrent still.
the black trucks with hickory hill on them is a diffrent story. just the other week 5 of them lost there jobs with hickory hill but they kept there trucks, took the lettering off and now they work for OD TL and are brokered out of OD.
"the 10 guys laid off p&d in Gbo got this offer"
THIS IS BULL ::shit::..i was one of the ones laid off and i was just let go. 4 went to dock 2 were not there anyway (one in military reserve and not sure on other, hurt perhaps) 4 were let go including one with 5.5 years of OD and me with 2.5. who told you this load?
2 of us are with OD truck load now and i had to all but hand out ____ to get in. btw the 4 that were given the dock are still there from what i hear.
i would realy like to know who you heard that from.

i was at a customer on 1-26 picking up and he told me they were waiting on our truck load div to pick up same time i was there. funny part is i was getting 24 skids he was going to only get 20. go figure

Can any of you guys tell me the top pay at your termianl as far as you know...In GBO we had several drivers make $93.000.00 and quite a few in the $80's and lots of drivers in the $70's and most in the high $60's...pretty good year...hope it continues in 07.:1036316054:

93k driving for OD is no small feat, I don't ever want to work that hard!

i definitely agree ,it would take a whole lot of 6 and 7 day weeks to do that.must not have families at home .

I HAVE SEEN THOSE TRUCKS THAT ARE HAULING THE FLOORING AND FOR THE HICKORY HILL TRUCKS WE GOT FIVE HERE IN HICKORY THE OTHER SUMMER. I GOT TO DRIVE ONE AND THOSE THINGS WOULD SCOOT RIGHT ON DOWN THE ROAD.
PIC OF THE HICKORY HILL TRUCK FRESH FROM FREIGHTLINER PIC WAS TOOK IN DEC. 2005

:smilie_132: KEVIN
100_2888.jpg

yes but since the hickory hill boys would not give od alot of loads od took 5 trucks back because any TL loads the profit from those were mainly going to Hickory Hill OD took 5 back 3 in NC and 2 down south. thats what i hear anyway.

me pulling for Columbia Flooring is seprate though.
mine has a stripper pole:butt kiss:

How do you know so much personal info on who made what?