I lost her this morning

Be thankful you had that dog for that long Hooty, I accidently killed my best friend and never have gotten over it....

I think about him all the time
IM002008.jpg

Jeff, that is so sad. I'm sorry. Icould imagine how you feel. You guys have really helped me out through this tough time.

I am sorry for your loss

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet and family member. My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief.

Jeff, that is so sad. I'm sorry. Icould imagine how you feel. You guys have really helped me out through this tough time.

I would come home at 4 am early from my shuttle bid some mornings when only he would be up and everything was silent, I remember standing in the kitchen at 4 am crying like a six year old kid that scraped his knee wanting my dog back so bad.

You will never forget Hooty, it will geat easier on the heart everyday that passes though.

A new friend helps, you are not betraying your old friend by acquiring a new one, she knew how you improved her life with a warm home and filled her stomach with food... She would not want you to grieve and not give that love to another dog.
Yea it hurts and by getting another dog you are setting yourself up to hurt exactly like you are now one day again, me too....

That part about coming home in the morning really hit the nail on the head, Jeff. Tonight was the first I had worked since she died and came home a few minutes ago. I actually turned on the living room light thinking she would be there on the rug asleep as usual. You're right too, it does get a little easier every day, and currently we are looking around for another pooch. All the choices out there but will more than likely go with the same breed. Very loyal companion like them all. God bless my friends on the boards!

That part about coming home in the morning really hit the nail on the head, Jeff. Tonight was the first I had worked since she died and came home a few minutes ago. I actually turned on the living room light thinking she would be there on the rug asleep as usual. You're right too, it does get a little easier every day, and currently we are looking around for another pooch. All the choices out there but will more than likely go with the same breed. Very loyal companion like them all. God bless my friends on the boards!

I went to an animal rescue, I had the full breeds, paid good money for them, they were great dogs, Now all I can think of when I need one is all them dogs that will be put down just because they are not pure breed.
I had to get one from the rescue, I wanted to give the love I had to give to an animal that really needed it.

This is what my wife wants too. It is by far the right thing to do. She said that she would call the local spca and ask for the closest dog to being put down and ask them to hold it. And you know as well as I do that the females alway win. Like the young crowd says, " I'm down with it"

We all do the best we can and give the best life ever. Keep in your thoughts she had the best and loving life and thats all they really want no matter how long. For dogs do not understand time. Just love..And its obvious you loved her dearly.

A Dogs Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick for although I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the worlds sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside..... for I am a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements..... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Beth Harris

We all do the best we can and give the best life ever. Keep in your thoughts she had the best and loving life and thats all they really want no matter how long. For dogs do not understand time. Just love..And its obvious you loved her dearly.

A Dogs Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me. Do not break my spirit with a stick for although I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the worlds sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps fall upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside..... for I am a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements..... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Beth Harris

USA trucker, that was beautiful! I'm going to print that so I'll always have it. Many thanks!:1036316054:

Man's Best Friend. I understand that more now that I've grown older.

The kid's are growing up nicely. (thank God) our youngest is fixing to be twelve now. I've had a few dog's in my life, probrably coulda've treated alot of them better but they were just a fixture.

We went for years and I wouldn't allow a pet in the house. This was after Taz died. A gold lab/shepard mix. Best dog I ever had, but I didn't take care of him the way I should have, there "I" said it.

He was a stray, and we didn't "help" him medicaly, to prolong his life or stop his death. He adopted us, we didn't adopt him. I regret that, and it hurt's me to this day when I think about it. That dog would have died for any of my kid's. And It wasn't until he was dieing on my porch that I realized that. My wife called very upset, and I rushed home, only to have him pass moment's after I got there. Heart Worm medicine....That's all it woulda took. But ya know we were too busy, etc. etc. etc. 15 bucks. I still get mad at myself when I think about it.

I DID NOT WANT ANOTHER DOG, when my wife and kid's came home a few years later, with a little present wrapped in a towel.

Sight unseen, the first word's outta my mouth were take it back to where you got it. But as you all know the kid's win.

What I got was a handsome little Jack Russell, black with a few white spots. They named him Roscoe. At first he was "thier" dog. He still know's he's in trouble when we call him Roscoe, but he's now Buddy, and he "is" my best friend.

I'm very sorry for your loss. You won't ever replace Miss Pooh, but when you and your wife are ready I hope you can be good parents for another "Best Friend". Your more deserving than I.

Thank you. She was the best friend I ever had. I knew that I was going to lose her soon but did'nt know that I would fall apart like this. How do people live with the loss of a child? This would be the closest I'll ever be to that. My friends on this board have really been kind and helpful to me and my wife through this ordeal. We're currently taking Jeff's advice and searching the mid-atlantic states spca shelters and waiting to hear a reply from Wilmington, nc. and rock hill, sc. I feel so bad for my poor wife.

Thank you. She was the best friend I ever had. I knew that I was going to lose her soon but did'nt know that I would fall apart like this. How do people live with the loss of a child? This would be the closest I'll ever be to that. My friends on this board have really been kind and helpful to me and my wife through this ordeal. We're currently taking Jeff's advice and searching the mid-atlantic states spca shelters and waiting to hear a reply from Wilmington, nc. and rock hill, sc. I feel so bad for my poor wife.

people that never had pets don't know the emotional stress the death of a pet can be. many of us accept our pets as what else, a member of the family. to those that have lost a child, God i don't know. i do know that every day i read the obituaries (old joke, just to see if i'm in it), but when i do read through the obits, i very often see a child, infants that have died.............even though it was someone elses child, i get a pain too. i don't ever want to be in that situation where i bury my child, heck, that just ain't natural. my child should bury me, and frankly, has tried a few times, but that's another story for another day.....

sometimes the very best thing to do is, go and get another pet right away, give it a different name, and start living your life again...........

hmmm..........now i wonder if that's the kid's concept......bury me.....get another parent.....???

damned kids.............:biglaugh:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My lab is setting next to me right now on the sofa. I surely dread the day my little girl passes. She's my little baby. Miss Pooh will be in our prayers. She's in a better place and soon we will be there as well. God bless you and Miss Pooh!