I lost her this morning

I'm sure Hooty is playing with my Cassie in West Heaven. She's in good hands (paws). Rest In Peace Hooty.

My wife and I have just finished reading this thread with heavy hearts for you and your wife, Hooty...It just killed us...But as we were reading, and looking at the dates, it dawned on us that there should be a new chapter in this story by now, and a decidedly happier one...

Care to share..???

Miss Pooh, it was 1 year ago this morning I lost you on this very couch on the same spot. I have thought of you every day since you left us, Lynda still speaks of you quite often and it has been a little easier since you been gone. We have pictures of you all over our house still and they will always be there. Still with us baby.

Miss Pooh, it was 1 year ago this morning I lost you on this very couch on the same spot. I have thought of you every day since you left us, Lynda still speaks of you quite often and it has been a little easier since you been gone. We have pictures of you all over our house still and they will always be there. Still with us baby.

Can't believe it's been a year... Wow.. that means it's been close to a year since I parted ways with you guys as well...

Time flies doesn't it Hooty

Hooty you know how I feel , sending ya a hug Brother.
Miss Pooh would of loved the new puppy (baby) though.

In Our Heart's Forever.....

:smilie_132:Hooty....It sure does'nt feel like a year has gone by,I had to put my (Peanut) Beagle/shepard mix down 3+ yrs now and there's not a day that go's by that I don't think of her,so I now how your doin.

Hey Hooty, my five dogs are barking at you.
Ketchie-Coucha, Cubbie-Bear, Bella-Donna, Jasper,and Bay-oo.

Dogs are the greatest animals !!

Some of my toughest days ..involved these animals dying.
"They really are , part of the family"

Man !! 17 years !! "What a blessing"

Thank you for the kind words my friends. Anyone who loves their dog or cat as much as we do has to be good people.....some fine men and women on here....also, thanks Jeff for the other night, what you said to me about her made some good sense, its just what I needed to hear.

Looks like I'm about to lose another after my big loss in Feb.
Lulu is eleven and has developed some large tumors, seemingly overnight on her neck and belly. She doesn't seem to be in pain but her breathing seems to have changed.

Rest in Peace

Less than an hour ago.
Nothing compared to my baby in Feb, but definitely not easy.
Among other things she had gone completely blind and was having difficulty breathing.
I did the hard thing, but she's at peace.

Thanks man. This was more my wife's dog. I want to get another one, but she says she never wants to go through this again.
She could change her mind later.
I would like a companion for the younger dog we have to grow up with.
He is walking around sniffing and whining, missing her already. But I think they recover faster than we do.

I've been up for days ,without a decent sleep..maybe 3-4 hours a day.
My back problem has gotten bigger...pain pills "clog up, my pop shutter"...No thanks..
My dog has been worried about me...He Lay's by me, and I find him really concerned about my health...These creatures love us like no other. It's to bad, many Humans, have no loyalty, or un-conditional love.

Stay Frosty

I know what you mean. My bells palsy has relapsed and I am on these steroids again. Got my sleep and my bathroom all screwed up. Appetite swings too.
I was home on medical leave for the same thing when I buried the other dog. Too weird how it happened the same way.
As hard as it was, I'm glad I was home to deal with it, instead of my family having to.

Ricky, my friend, I am deeply saddened to hear of the loss of your wife's pet. Going through this with Miss Pooh was so hard on me for a solid week that I dont know how I could have recovered without the help from all my pals on here. But you all will survive just like I did....talking about it helps alot. As for Woodpecker, a wise man once told me recently that if you think about it, not replacing that pet eventually, is kinda shameful in that you could be depriving yourself of a best friend in the long run. Take your time my friends....you will do the right thing.