Estes | I Love Estes Express Lines

I am now leading by example! I put half the cost of my fill up today on my debit card. $250. I would like to entice the rest of you E guys to sacrifice in this time of need. After all, we all got to step up to the plate for our family business in this tough time of high fuel prices. I'm not asking to split EVERY tank full, but maybe just once a week. I understand if you may not be able to do a 50-50 split, but maybe just kick in a $100 spot. Every bit helps take the edge off the company, and the burden that Rob has to bear in these tough times. So far, six guys have followed me lead at my terminal.

There is noway you are serious about this, or your consideration of paying tolls. I have to believe this is an attempt at humor.

I am now leading by example! I put half the cost of my fill up today on my debit card. $250. I would like to entice the rest of you E guys to sacrifice in this time of need. After all, we all got to step up to the plate for our family business in this tough time of high fuel prices. I'm not asking to split EVERY tank full, but maybe just once a week. I understand if you may not be able to do a 50-50 split, but maybe just kick in a $100 spot. Every bit helps take the edge off the company, and the burden that Rob has to bear in these tough times. So far, six guys have followed me lead at my terminal.

Suck A$$ is my c.b. handle. I will be honored to be a part of this voluntary ordeal. :butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss: Gonna fill mine up today. It'll probably be a good idea to throw in a good additive also. Just to insure maximum performance. I aint even askin for a reciept. I'm just happy to be here. I cant wait til my 10 hours is up. This $500.00is itch'n a hole in my pocket.

You guys are really inspiring, I am thinking about putting $100.00 in an envelope and swinging by the FT. Smith AR. terminal on my route tomorrow, and handing it over to the TM, when I leave, I probably won't even turn my head to look at the Fedex barn though, those guys aren't near as dedicated as you all!!! :1036316054:

Oooooooooh Please!!!!!!

:wtflol:You must be out of your minds. While your at it have the truck and trailers detailed . If the paint looks bad have it repainted. And don't forget tires!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Good point..I'll put some good Michelin's on the next trailer that needs tires. No recaps. Anybody know where there's a good trailer paint'n shop.

If I didn't hate the freight business so much, this awe inspiring tale of self sacrifice, almost makes me want to apply at the Big E and donate 80% of my check back to the company...I need at least 20%, a guy has to feed his family ya know!! :D

I know we have had somewhat of a heatwave here in the northeast, but I figured out, if I keep the windows closed on the truck, it cuts down on wind resistance. thus boosting fuel milage! Every MPG counts! I check the mileage on my calculator at every stop, to make sure I'm not wasting any fuel, with a sensless push of the pedal. I admit, there may be some room for improvement. To save a little fuel today, I pushed the truck to a couple of my deliveries. It was mostly down hill, I aint that strong yet. A couple of the U drivers passed by and were laughing! Huh, I guess the joke's on them! Great job, plus saving the company money! That's what I'm talking about!

ohhh your city scum !!!! must be nice to get paid by the hour. me i'm a fat happy rich linehaul driver

I just delivered a "gold metal" shipment in my personal pickup truck on the way home. I only had to go 27.5 miles out of route. Didn't even have to fill out a log book....I couldn't find any "gold metal" placards to put on my truck. My dispatcher said that I didn't need any. He said, "a gold metal shipment is some sort of yellow steel we deliver. He also said, "I don't get paid to think". I recon that's another plus about this job.

Thanks, but it wuz ya'all's idea. I'm just tag'n along..... After all I'm not getting paid to think.... Ya'all keep comming up with idea's how we can save Rob money and I'll do the best I can with my part.

If you guys really want to help out.. quit working at Estes.. take your doubles and hazmat endorsements over the Schneider and tell them you wanna go pull loads for Estes. Just think how much that'd help.