Estes | I Love Estes Express Lines

I just delivered a "gold metal" shipment in my personal pickup truck on the way home. I only had to go 27.5 miles out of route. Didn't even have to fill out a log book....I couldn't find any "gold metal" placards to put on my truck. My dispatcher said that I didn't need any. He said, "a gold metal shipment is some sort of yellow steel we deliver. He also said, "I don't get paid to think". I recon that's another plus about this job.

Hmmmm.... Personal vehicles... VERY cutting edge idea in these times... I don't just like it.... I LOVE IT!!!:1036316054:

i am so happy i work for the best ltl carrier in the country. where else can you just show up, run your run and get paid one of the best wages in the industry. freakin amazing !!! have real nice equi. i have an awsome dispatcher. i better pinch myself !! i'm asleep, no really i'm on vacation which i get paid up tp 1200 dollars a week just to get some r & r !!! wow that has to be one of the top vacation pays in the industry !!! not no measley hourly pay for 40 hours ha i laugh at that have a safe week gents :1036316054:

umm ...... sure hope you pass the drug test when you get off vacation :hysterical: ..... must be one hell of a vacation night you're having there BB ...... hope your vacation is a good one ...... :smilie_132:

:wtflol:You must be out of your minds. While your at it have the truck and trailers detailed . If the paint looks bad have it repainted. And don't forget tires!! :hysterical::hysterical:

i just paid for the tractor & trailer pm's and filled the tank .

and why do you ask i do this for estes / simply put :I LOVE MY JOB :funky:

Ya'll are great! Anyways If you need trailer work done, come on down to your local Overnite...oops I mean UPS Freight Terminal, our trailer mechanics get tired of fixing our 20 year old garbage, would be nice to see some decent equipment on our yards for a change! Bright paint would make us dummies smile!

I think I'll even make a suggestion at UPS Freight, take out the radio, ac/heat components, soft seats to lighten up the tractor, that way our gross weight will be higher and we can haul more freight! I think us Richmond based companies should stick together! I might even ask the local Estes P&D driver when I see 'em if I could help his day out and grab a few skids off his trailer to deliver...its teamwork!

I'm lovin Estes to! I have only been with Estes about 2 months, but wow what a change from Con-Way!!!!!!! :) GREAT PAY!!!!!! :)

overpaid

Since only being employed at Estes for 4 weeks, i've noticed they're overpaying me by 1/2 cpm over what i agreed to. At my previous employ, i would just keep the difference and shut up but after seeing all the great things everyone else does to help out this company i will figure out the difference and give it back. Just want to do my small part also. X127W1

well mr extra board driver big rob is payin you extra for your trouble for being an extra board man. big rob don't need anymore milloions ....... go ahead and keep it. think of it as delay pay included in your milage

Since only being employed at Estes for 4 weeks, i've noticed they're overpaying me by 1/2 cpm over what i agreed to. At my previous employ, i would just keep the difference and shut up but after seeing all the great things everyone else does to help out this company i will figure out the difference and give it back. Just want to do my small part also. X127W1

What an inspiration you guys are, because of you guys, I went over to the Big E yard in Ft. Smith and handed out $100.00 bills, most of those guys went into the terminal and gave the money to the TM to put toward the good of the company.....I had a tear in my eye when I left that yard today..

Beer Boy, all this is thanks to you!! You even have the likes of me, a non-employee pitching in, if I didn't hate the freight biz so much, I would pay "E" if they would let me work there, if they ever get into the food game...I'm all over it!!!

We Love Estes, too!

Hi,
I am fairly new (120+ days)to Estes, too . My husband has worked for Estes for over 16 years, that says a lot!!, LOL!! My Hero and I are currently running team. We run all 48 states, our choice. We run out for 16+ days, and are off for 4-5 days. So nice. Almost like having a vacation every two weeks. What I love the most about working for this company, is the very few times that our truck has needed some kind of work done to it, mostly to be serviced, we never have to sit, unless we wanted to, they would give us a loaner truck to run in. So we don't have to just sit there and not be making any money waiting for our truck to be fixed. And when our truck is fixed or finished being serviced, they route us back to get back to our truck.
When we working for one of the other companies, if our truck had something wrong with it, we would have to sit there and wait for the truck to be fixed, most of the time that would be for 5-7 days at a time...even for a minor problem like a hose clamp for our exhaust pipe. Cause our truck would be fixed in the order that it was received, whether it was the 32nd or 57th truck to come in with something wrong with it. Bogus Crap!Q! Well never again for us!! And love the way we are treated here at Estes, everyone is so laid back here, and all the drivers wave and act like family to everyone else here. I can see myself being here a long time. Feels so good to belong to a company that actually stands behind their drivers.

(I tried to add a photo of our truck, don't know if it will let me)
Well be safe out there, see ya' on the road

Welcome FtnfSpeed, Estes is a good company,, some here just like to wee wee and grunt all the time. I know you can be kept running hard at Estes.

Who did you work for before when you had to wait allthe time.

Team spirit my friend! I had to cut my food budget to pay for new tires for my truck!

Dood, u aint really done ur part till u paid for the in-frame out of your pocket:1036316054: Speakin of such, who do I make the check out to for the time the truck was in the out-of-terminal engine shop? Ya know I gotta compensate the company for the time I kept the truck out of their control havin the in-frame done...:chairshot: