FedEx Freight | I Love Fed Ex

In my opinion, FedEx has a lot more respect for their people than Con-Way ever will. I also think FedEx has much better management than Conway.
I've never worked for either company but I do know enough about the industry and also know plenty of drivers from each company to form an opinion

I agree this is the best LTL job a guy could have . There is no perfect job out there but most of the time FXF is keeping me happy. This is my last driving job , I really do not think that I could drive for another company.

I have worked for several LTLs in the past 22 years, Central, SAIA,Overnite, and CF, and I can tell you in my opinion, this is the best company and environment there is in LTL. Pay, benefits, atmosphere, respect, its all there. As a city driver, and in Management in all these companies, Fedex rules! I could tell you horror stories about those other Co's that would make your skin crawl....I love my job at Fedex

Find something you like to do and try to make a living doing it, thats what FedEx has done for me, I like what I do and I get paid very well to do it, Thanks FedEx......

i think, fedex and saia, as far as nonunion, are tops.... fedex has its stuff alot more together equipment wise, and are probably alot more forgiving if you screw up, however, the baling wire and ducktape express( saia) lol... will let you write your own paycheck, so to speak, eighty grand here i come!!! i love my red and yellow circus truck!!!!

chainsaww said:
I can explain the love...

Each Valentines Day, Fred Smith personally signs two hundred thousand special cards and puts a delicious piece of bavarian chocolate in each one. The cards say things like. "Happy Valentines to a Happy Fellow." Or once in awhile it will say. "If I was Gay, I would choose you," Signed Fred.

From time to time he'll just call for no reason. He'll say, "Hi there special employee number 1389900003, just wanted to give you a jingle and say I value your committment to Fedex and all it's subsidiaries. I also like your socks."

Yep, and three times a year we all get flapjacks and real vermont maple syrup.

That's where the love comes from you silly silly goose.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

No Freight said:
Can you fine gents over here tell me why you all love your job so much. Hows the pay, hourly and mileage, drop and hook times, fuel time ect. Me being fairly new to the LTL industry I cant figure out why CWF is losing so many drivers to FXF. Oh yeah, do you guys have to work the dock? Any and all info you can give about your company you love so much would be so greatly appreciated!
Anything is subject to change, but I have worked here for almost 11 years and have NEVER touched a piece of freight on the dock. If I would have needed to work extra to help my family, I could have worked the dock probably every day. This morning, I was offered 22 different runs and I chose the one I wanted. I am extra board. We all have CD players in our tractors. The company makes CD's for us that tell us all about the benefits here and expansions and other info. We have a Magazine that honors us and our company. We have DVD videos sent to our homes. I could get on the phone today and talk directly to any Manager or president, VP or whatever in the system.I could go on and on.I am just a number at FedEx, but for a company this large, they really try to make you feel like part of the "BIG PICTURE"