FedEx Freight | I love my job

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
Im so happy to be here at FX......Diversity,.....purple promise......people first......100 top companies to work for......excellent benefits......great pay.....cool purple shirts to wear.....excellent management team....great clean equipment.....alll caring managers......new clean facilities.....
My god...thank you Fedex!!! I love Fred Smith!:TR10driving03:

Haters dont judge me.....Im just a company man.....

Thats the spirit trooper. I love the $1400 paychecks I've been getting, for working the city and not even top scale yet.

I agree. I'm very happy with this company also. I just started with them a few months back after loosing my job at USF Holland (Allentown, PA) back in April because YRC closed down the barn. FedEx then picked me up and gave me a second chance. I just want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to work for them. They are a great company to work for. Thanks FedEx and God Bless. Go FedEx !!!!!!

I know that they use methadone to wean people off of heroin, but what do they use to wean these poor souls off of the Kool-Aid?

Ha ha ha ha

You guys dont recognize sarcasm when you "smell" it?........Just trying to have a little laugh, thats all.....::shit:::loser::roll1::tongue

I agree. I'm very happy with this company also. I just started with them a few months back after loosing my job at USF Holland (Allentown, PA) back in April because YRC closed down the barn. FedEx then picked me up and gave me a second chance. I just want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to work for them. They are a great company to work for. Thanks FedEx and God Bless. Go FedEx !!!!!!
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

hey ...

I like my job with fedex also ... dosen't bother me if you don't, but you know I had one of those good paying jobs that I hated .. 8 years worth of it .... found me something else to do ... this is much better ...I guess thats why I'm still here .... :clap::clap:

I am the first one to gripe at some/most of the managements decisions at times but I too really love FedEx, even if they have given me the ole purple dxxdo a couple of times. Like I have said before, I think what we all do together in a days work is amazing and sometimes when I look at that dock full of freight knowing it will be going 50 different directions and just how many of us have something to do with it getting to it's destination, I am totally in awe. So as much as I gripe, I really do love my job. Now, if only they would let me walk through the building and decide who needs to be fired...ah, dreams!

Fedexwench I don't know if they want you or I ever having the chance to fire people. Just for the fact they know they would be out of a job.

Best truckin' job I've ever had by far.
And I've had plenty.
Vans, skateboards, reefer, tanker-yanker...you name it.
Not many driving gigs around anymore where you can make good money and not live out of a truck 24/7.
Sure, there's haulin fuel...but one wrong move and like as not...you'll end up on the frickin moon.
Then there's food service...been there done that. My back aches just thinking about it.
What about lumping 3 kegs of beer on a hand dolly down a rickety flight of bar stairs designed for Mini-Me?
Pedaling around town in a truck patched up worse than a set of welfare overalls?
On that sweet bid-route in the hood with $1,000 cash in my pocket.
Talk about "credit crisis"?
Cause everyone paid in a brown paper bag.
No sir, them days are over.
Now I'm movin' on up.
To the east side.
I finally got a piece of the truckin' pie. :clap:

How did you get past the company policy of " never hire ex u^!@n people unless they are management"

cool

Glad I could stir up some "diverse" reactions.......we all have different feelings about our present situation....and some barns fare better than others.....I was , in years past a true company man, but the current economic situation, coupled with the center I am at...and my seniority placement, has driven me to be a "disengaged" employee....sorry Mr. Reed......but its not fair, and I have given many years of exceptional service to this company, only to be thrown back into the fire......winning several awards and safety milestones, all it takes is a transfer to another center, and it all gets wiped away....pretty cool huh?

Hey whats up Filth. I think I got hired because of my good record and knowlege of the area. I also know alot of customers as well which helps with the JOM (just one more). I've already grabbed some axtra freight for my barn. I'm on a roll, what else can I say? I'M GOOD !!!!!!

Ditto

I need to echo that sentiment because I've been looking for full time work since Aug 08. Applied to dozens of places. Finally got picked up as a temp for Fedex Home Delivery last holiday season which lead me to working part time for a Fedex Ground contractor who, because I had my CDL, helped me find a supplemental dock position at Freight and now I'm a driver apprentice. I feel like they are the only company that has given me a second chance too....Thank You for that!

Right now I'm drinking cherry, but I have some lemonade in the fridge, you want some??

Things could always be better, there are always things you would like to see changed, but as a whole it's not a bad place to work.

FM

I like lemon-lime. Does anyone have any lemon-lime? If not., I'll take grape as my second choice. Kool Aid is my favorite drink besides beer. P.S. I would like have a straw to go along with that.