I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
e2yza6ub.jpg

3apaga9e.jpg

So, we might be in the market soon ourselves....

Sent from my drone magnet

Hopefully you have a second ride you can use while you hunt. It is much better if you can take a little time to get the right thing rather than have to get one in a hurry. As you can see it took me a month and I still had to settle a little for not exactly what I wanted.

I crashed my car on turn 4 at the watermelon 500 (I 285) a couple of years ago. I was going to put the 200,000 mile car on the market for $4,000 obo before the crash. The estimate was $3,400 damage. State Farm gave me $7,000 and a rental car for 15 days. (2013 Taurus) while I looked around for another car with $7,000 in my glove box. Those Taurus's sure are sharp. I was tempted to buy one but they said I couldn't get it for 7 grand but I could give them the money and make small monthly payments. I didn't like it that much.

Wouldn't be the first time I'd seen duct tape and plastic visqueen put to such use.

Well, looks like we can keep this thread going. The body shop guy just called and it looks like our Yukon is totaled. Anyone know of any good deals on a Yukon/Yukon XL/ Tahoe/ Suburban around here? Man I hate car shopping.

Married to the luckiest woman alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
TOTALED???
Wild@Heart,to me viewing the photos it doesn't look bad enough it can't be fixed?
As long as the frame is still in good shape,why not just get it repaired.

Gee I remember when you got that vehicle doesn't seem like it was very long ago.
Because I can still remember how excited you were when you found it,& bought it.

Some of the parts are no longer made and even with buying salvaged parts where available the cost of repairs exceed 80% of the retail value of the vehicle. According to the insurance company, that is a total loss.

Married to the luckiest woman alive!

I think that trend is over up here, I'm seeing more and more standard cabs with 8' boxes now than I have in years. I picked up a 99 with a regular cab, liking the 8' box.
Just as an after thought, standard cabs with an 8' box can be a good deal IMO. Seems like they're not a big seller. I bought this 2008 GMC with 15,000 miles on it for $11,500 three years ago. I put the camper shell on it.

TOTALED???
Wild@Heart,to me viewing the photos it doesn't look bad enough it can't be fixed?
As long as the frame is still in good shape,why not just get it repaired.

Gee I remember when you got that vehicle doesn't seem like it was very long ago.
Because I can still remember how excited you were when you found it,& bought it.

I know :( it breaks my heart but with the insurance and our gap insurance it will pay to have it scrapped not fixed. It took out the pillar between the doors which requires half the car to be ripped off and redone. Its not like the old days when you could just get quarter panels replaced.

Any time you have structural damage like that to a SUV it is expensive & hard to get it back right. Leaks & wind noise are common after a hit like that. I assume nobody was hurt. If it was repaired there would be a rebuilt note attached to the title which would make it almost worthless. Take the check & run.

You could also find out what the salvage value is, and buy it back from the insurance company. There is a lot of good parts there that somebody might need. Especially if they buy another Yukon, etc. that might need a trans----

Just as an after thought, standard cabs with an 8' box can be a good deal IMO. Seems like they're not a big seller. I bought this 2008 GMC with 15,000 miles on it for $11,500 three years ago. I put the camper shell on it.

Truck looks sharp. Gas jobs are a lot easier and cheaper to come by and there are some in nice condition floating around for more reasonable prices. A diesel engine is a different story. My mechanic tells me it's a $10,000 option on a new truck and people aren't too quick to forget about that when it's time to sell.

Truck looks sharp. Gas jobs are a lot easier and cheaper to come by and there are some in nice condition floating around for more reasonable prices. A diesel engine is a different story. My mechanic tells me it's a $10,000 option on a new truck and people aren't too quick to forget about that when it's time to sell.
That was a salesman's response to me when I questioned the price they had on a truck..lol. He said "it's a 5k dollar truck with a 10k dollar motor" which was why they were asking 14,998

You could also find out what the salvage value is, and buy it back from the insurance company. There is a lot of good parts there that somebody might need. Especially if they buy another Yukon, etc. that might need a trans----

Considered it..don't know that we can.