I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
6ehegyma.jpg

I'd say he faired a lot better than we did. They just don't make them like they used to.

That's what I like about buying used vehicles. When you get tired of them theirs no need to sell. Just crash em then go find another while driving a luxury rental while you make up your mind.
bmw-e36-red-vert-bbs-ch32.jpg

The only surprise so far is that there are no surprises. The only thing I have found that is not right is that the passenger's door automatic door lock is finicky. I have driven it all week since I bought it to see what I can find and I am beginning to believe that all is as good as can be with a 170,000 mile truck.
And I feel like I have a big ***** when I drive it. :clappy:

The only surprise so far is that there are no surprises. The only thing I have found that is not right is that the passenger's door automatic door lock is finicky. I have driven it all week since I bought it to see what I can find and I am beginning to believe that all is as good as can be with a 170,000 mile truck.
And I feel like I have a big ***** when I drive it.
:clappy:

Oh Lord Brother, please don't tell me it has fog lights and you burn them....

Oh Lord Brother, please don't tell me it has fog lights and you burn them....
That's funny right there. Na, no fog lights. It has some other kind of high highfalutin headlights though and a light strip across the back under the 'gate.

And I feel like I have a big ***** when I drive it. :clappy:
Yours has the 7.3 right?
I've found a few that are nice but, they have the 6.0, and from what I've read, it's a hit or miss with them, until they get "bulletproofed". 1 with a 7.3 popped up yesterday but, they want a ton of $$ for it.
I'm trying to find out if you can tell if the head bolts, EGR delete, have been done by just looking at the 6.0. The dealers like to play dumb when you ask them that, and that Oasis report only goes back 10yrs so.....

It's all new and foreign to me. I passed up on two 6.0s out of fear. Both were pretty nice trucks.

I'm headed out to look at an 03' F-350 SRW this morning with the 6.0, been reading Powerstroke forums, to get idea of what to look for. It also has this on the front. Trying to find out what I could sell it for if I got it, I definitely don't need a winch..lol.......don't really need a 350 either..lol

565593-28-large_zps25af00a0.jpg

Haha, you think about selling a wench..and the second I see it, I wonder of all the places I could go with one..lol.

Sent from my drone magnet

This guy has around 200 powerstroke videos, what to look for etc, very informative

[video=youtube_share;kWPrB-fhMaQ]http://youtu.be/kWPrB-fhMaQ[/video]

I can't think of 1 thing I'd do with that thing..lol. He prolly had it for looks IDK

I can think of a few places I REALLY could have used one... but that was with my beater car. If I got a good one, I doubt I would risk taking it places I maybe shouldn't go. It sure would have saved me 4 hours digging the Montero out of a snow bank with an ice scraper and sage brush. LOL

I can think of a few places I REALLY could have used one... but that was with my beater car. If I got a good one, I doubt I would risk taking it places I maybe shouldn't go. It sure would have saved me 4 hours digging the Montero out of a snow bank with an ice scraper and sage brush. LOL

Stop going to dangerous places! I'm gonna tell RP and he will say "Now don't do that darlin", your reply will be yes Sir, and all will be right with the world :)