I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Yours has the 7.3 right?
I've found a few that are nice but, they have the 6.0, and from what I've read, it's a hit or miss with them, until they get "bulletproofed". 1 with a 7.3 popped up yesterday but, they want a ton of $$ for it.
I'm trying to find out if you can tell if the head bolts, EGR delete, have been done by just looking at the 6.0. The dealers like to play dumb when you ask them that, and that Oasis report only goes back 10yrs so.....

On a 6 blow, you can tell if it has been studded by popping the hood, and looking at the head… If you see a bolt head, it is not studded. If you see an allen head with a 12 point nut, it is studded. This can sometimes be seen looking through the fender on either the drivers side or passenger side as well.

On a 6 blow, you can tell if it has been studded by popping the hood, and looking at the head… If you see a bolt head, it is not studded. If you see an allen head with a 12 point nut, it is studded. This can sometimes be seen looking through the fender on either the drivers side or passenger side as well.
I looked at a 08' with the 6.4, with 221k mi on it, very good condition, then he hit me with the price...23k...BOOM YAH

I looked at a 08' with the 6.4, with 221k mi on it, very good condition, then he hit me with the price...23k...BOOM YAH
Unreal isn't it? Mine is at the garage right now getting looked over for a price on shedding the lift kit. New garage for me, real nice guy and we had a chat over the 7.3 and the owners who love them and are that proud of them. The more I hear the happier I am I got one of those '99-'03 7.3's. Even if I have to undo some of the stuff on it. It seems to be a good solid truck with a lot of support on the web.

Unreal isn't it? Mine is at the garage right now getting looked over for a price on shedding the lift kit. New garage for me, real nice guy and we had a chat over the 7.3 and the owners who love them and are that proud of them. The more I hear the happier I am I got one of those '99-'03 7.3's. Even if I have to undo some of the stuff on it. It seems to be a good solid truck with a lot of support on the web.
7.3 is the way to go, if ya find one...lol. Don't get me wrong, you CAN find them but, it's usually the truck attached to it, that's the problem. The ones that have the total package, plus a 7.3, are priced like this one. I'm actually starting to think that's not a bad deal..lol

Used 2002 Ford F-350 For Sale in Kernersville NC | Stock: K0302

And here's one more, reasonable price but I shy away from anything that's had this much work done to it.
2004 FORD F250 4WD POWERSTROKE BULLETPROOFED TURBO DIESEL F/S

Yeah, that's pretty much everything you have to do to the 6.0, to make it "bulletproof" (reliable) There is a master Ford diesel guy near me that opened his own shop, that does it for 3k, others do it for 4500-5000. it's a pretty big job, as you can see

Gaskets07.jpg

That is one nice looking truck but I wouldn't pay that much. You should be able to find something sufficient for $15,000 or less and that would have to be in the 80,000 mile range for me to go that high.

My buddy up in Rochester has same thing as you but, a crew cab. He's done nothing but change fluids in it, has 160k mi, and pulls a 12k lbs fifth wheel camper around to nascar races. He said the body is rusting off it though..lol

That looks like one you sent me a link to a few weeks ago. The guy should start to realize he won't get that for it. You should be able to get something like that for $10,000 or less in A-1 condition.
Yeah, I think I did post it before. I'm surprised it's still on craigslist actually, since others have sold at dealers for much more, with more miles. I've kinda decided on the newer style though

Hey Wild Chick, I found a perfect truck you and the Tribe. I got it in a lowboy and I'm headed your way. Should meet your needs for size requirements, ya think?

13199755723_e7a9d2252d_b.jpg

Hey Wild Chick, I found a perfect truck you and the Tribe. I got it in a lowboy and I'm headed your way. Should meet your needs for size requirements, ya think?

13199755723_e7a9d2252d_b.jpg

I'm thinking that would be perfect. I'm sure we could attach some seatbelts in the bed for the kids and I bet it would hold it's own in a collision with an 86 suburban.

I'm thinking that would be perfect. I'm sure we could attach some seatbelts in the bed for the kids and I bet it would hold it's own in a collision with an 86 suburban.

And parking should be a snap.

Or is that smash? :woohoo1:

You definitely wouldn't need seatbelts..lol You could hit a loaded tri axle dump with that, and not feel a thing, seen it happen..lol