I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Hey Wild Chick, I found a perfect truck you and the Tribe. I got it in a lowboy and I'm headed your way. Should meet your needs for size requirements, ya think?

13199755723_e7a9d2252d_b.jpg
I can see it showing up in the parking lot at the Winston 500 already

Now here's one reasonably priced, high mileage but for the price I'd have looked at it.
1997 Ford F250 XLT

Update on mine. Removed lift kit and now I will see if fuel mileage has improved. Whoever owned this thing spent a lot of money on it. It has a performance air filter, high highfalutin rear pumpkin cover and tranny pan with heat dispersing fins on them. It's still a 170,000 mile truck though and in some ways it shows. I'll peck away at it. Given the air filter and those two covers and a couple of add on gauges I expect that there may be other performance upgrades that I won't find until I get a computer hooked to it. It runs like a ***** ape, I never knew a diesel could be so responsive when you give it the gas, seems like a jet engine under there. I can pull out in traffic and before they even have time to curse me I'm gone.

Maybe he had tranny rebuilt? That's really the only complaint I've heard about those, is the tranny burning up. My buddy gets his flushed every 40k and has yet to have a problem though.
Had a guy pounce on his getting on interstate the other day, I was pretty shocked how fast he took off too..lol

You know what they say---wish in one hand, and poop in the other and see which one fills up first!!!
What I don't understand is, why dealers would rather auction it off after a few months, than deal on the price with a buyer. I've seen that happen a few times now, I'm assuming at has something to do with loss write-offs or something?

Looks a little like mine with more miles and a little stiff on the price.

This guy's truck has been for sale for three months now but hey, it has the, "Coveted 7.3 and Ford Motorcraft windshield wipers". :hysterical:
2000 F-250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel 4x4