I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
I now,have a GMC 4x4,1/2 ton, I bought new in 2011,with just over 16000 on it so far.
And believe me with $500 truck payments for 72 months I wash it all the time.

The 79' Dodge was around $4800.00,this one is almost 10 times that,& not built as good in my opinion.

One for Woody..$2200 F250/460
1976 Ford F-250 - V8 - Runs Great, New Brakes

00t0t_ka5kE4ylkGf_600x450.jpg

We had the 460 in are 250's.... constantly over 8K on loads...lol. I miss the one I drove.

I have a 1976 Eliminator boat with a 460 Ford and a Berkely Jet drive. The thing will do over 70 on the lake, but it gulps gas like it is free.

I asked the question a while ago about, why dealers won't lower their price, instead they decide to sell the truck at auction or wholesale to little used car lots.

There is 1(new car) dealer in particular here, that gets these used trade-ins, posts them for sale, then after a month or 2, they end up at a used lot for thousands more.

A prime example of 1 I followed. An 04' F250 crew Harley Davidson edition, with 162k miles, it looked beat. The new car dealer didn't even clean it but, advertised it on their lot for 16,881...fast forward a month, and it's sitting on an independents used lot, all cleaned up and shining, for 20,911.

This is the description at the used lot
THIS IS WHAT AN EXCELLENT CONDITION TRUCK LOOKS LIKE!! -- 2004 FORD SUPER DUTY F-250 HARLEY DAVIDSION EDITION -- THIS TRUCK HAS BEEN INSPECTED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!! IN EXCELLENT RUNNING CONDITION!! HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN A TURBO DIESEL!! THIS TRUCK WILL IMPRESS!! EQUIPPED WITH **LEATHER INTERIOR**,**POWER SEAT**,**CLIMATE CONTROL**,**TOW PACKAGE**,**CREW CAB**,**4X4**,**HARLEY DAVIDSON EDITION** AND MORE!!

But, when it was at the new car lot, uncleaned, you couldn't even see that the front wheels were chrome, they had so much brake dust on them. It looked like a 16yr old owned it and abused it..lol

Either way its more than I would pay for it.

I have a hard time buying a Ford, throw in the HD crap and I would rather bicycle to work than spend anywhere near that kind of money...but a sucker is born every day and thats what these dealers count on, and it will sell, in due time. I would offer 2k, after all its a Ferd and a HD edition, its not worth much..LOL!

I gave up on my Ford diesel search. I stumbled upon a 98' Chevy Silverado Z71 extended cab this weekend, that has the same transmission problem that Wild Heart had with her Tahoe. So I grabbed it for 2k and I'm headed to the tranny shop this morning with it. It's mint otherwise. A Military tank mechanic owned it, he bought a new Silverado.

As it sat before I brought it home.
01414_cyIVhbWItXQ_600x450_zps4051b6c1.jpg

Looks good from here. That extended cab in white sure is popular. Good luck, 2Gs sounds like a damn steal.

Looks good from here. That extended cab in white sure is popular. Good luck, 2Gs sounds like a damn steal.
It was on craigslist list for 6hrs, I was the first 1 to meet the guy as he pulled in his driveway from church. He had several other people coming to look at it, a few drove by several times while I was checking it out..lol. When I said I'd take it, he started texting the others to tell them it was sold.
I gave him cash, took his plate off, and drove it home, didn't wanna leave it there for someone to offer him more..lol.

Yep, when a deal is good you snooze and you lose. I'm glad to hear he didn't make an auction out of it, that pisses me off.