I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Talk about a man being proud of his truck...***2003 Ford F250 Crew Cab Lariat FX4 - ZF 6 Speed - King Ranch***
And they local guy with the $14,999 price tag on is 2000 model has dropped his price a bit...to $14, 750 :hysterical: I'm sure that'll bring in the calls.

You would think for that price he could be so kind as to hook up the pyrometer, if I was in the market for a truck like that he can keep it! His ad makes him sound like a jackass and hard to do business with.

He might be like me. Everything I own is for sale if the price is right.

I know women that I ran into in Hotlanta that would pay the price of your ride just to smell the seat you sat in Dew! Thats whatcha get when your the most interesting man in the world.

Dang I would like to be you for just one weekend...nay...one day good Sir!!!!!

I know women that I ran into in Hotlanta that would pay the price of your ride just to smell the seat you sat in Dew! Thats whatcha get when your the most interesting man in the world.

Dang I would like to be you for just one weekend...nay...one day good Sir!!!!!

This man crush you have, does Diana know about it?

Guardrail

You would think for that price he could be so kind as to hook up the pyrometer, if I was in the market for a truck like that he can keep it! His ad makes him sound like a jackass and hard to do business with.
He does sound like a jackass. I had to look twice to be sure he wasn't from downtown Philly. That's how they act down there.
I really don't need to sell my house either but I'd let it go for a cool Mil. I have a devil on one shoulder telling me to respond to his ad and screw with him and an angel on the other shoulder telling me not to.

I'm honored that you would even look my wifes direction, let alone talk to her, she will not wash that ear anytime soon!!
:biglaugh:

Here's a possible candidate. A little high on the mileage but it sounds OK.
1999 ford f250 7.3 lifted
Sounds like a deal to me. Those miles are nothing on a 7.3. It's really not high milage for a 99 diesel. Cant go wrong for $10k. It's hard to find newer junk cars for that price.

:biglaugh:

Sounds like a deal to me. Those miles are nothing on a 7.3. It's really not high milage for a 99 diesel. Cant go wrong for $10k. It's hard to find newer junk cars for that price.
I'm a little more hopeful with this one. The guy called me and we have an appt for Sat. If I get it I'll be looking to shed the lift kit, fancy wheels and that grill if it's not original.

I'm a little more hopeful with this one. The guy called me and we have an appt for Sat. If I get it I'll be looking to shed the lift kit, fancy wheels and that grill if it's not original.

That's what I was thinkin when I saw it, those goofy wheels got to go, and the lift. Fortunately the stock wheels come with it, looks decent otherwise....if you like white.

Don't know exactly where you're going in the Pocono area but if it's around Stroudsburg and you're looking for groceries you might want to try the Snydersville Diner. Haven't been there in years but they always had good food.

When you're buying used you don't always get to choose your color.

True that, I picked up a 99 Dodge 1500 4x4 a few months back, it's black and shows all the dandruff from the clearcoat that's peeling.

You sure have been looking a long time for your next ride ABFer,it is good to take your time for the money you need to spend.
Now I am totally clueless about mechanics,however I knew that old 1998 Volvo I drove that was assigned to me.
When I worked at Overnite,had a a few miles over a million & a half miles on it,with one major overhaul.

Our terminal didn't have a shop,the vender they used was owned by an old guy who knew his stuff.
He always told us drivers you can't kill a diesel if you take care of it.

So the thing is you need to know,or find out what kind of use any used diesel powered pickups have had,along with the condition.

I usually buy new vehicles,however I have bought used a few times,but never over 2 years old.
That way I could find out how the truck was driven,my last Dodge lasted me 9 years before becoming a money pit.
I currently have a 2011 GMC which I bought new,a lot of money,however no negative issues,so far so good.

Have you checked out http://www.cars.com/buy/pickup-truc...mkwid=sb5rEyU26_pmt_e_pkw_cars.com&pse=google

Don't know if this guy made a mistake on the add or what but it's a nice truck for that money.

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel

You got that right, that would be worth going to MA to get. It has to be a mistake it's not even a round number.

Does seem odd that the price is so low and a weird amount.

But.

Look at that fresh white paint along the rockers.

And then ask Backpacker what happens to cars and pickups out his way from all the salt they dump on the roads every winter.

I bet that pickup had a bucket of Bondo, a spatula, and a Six Pack of Krylon heaped on it before it was put up for sale.

You sure have been looking a long time for your next ride ABFer,it is good to take your time for the money you need to spend.
Now I am totally clueless about mechanics,however I knew that old 1998 Volvo I drove that was assigned to me.
When I worked at Overnite,had a a few miles over a million & a half miles on it,with one major overhaul.

Our terminal didn't have a shop,the vender they used was owned by an old guy who knew his stuff.
He always told us drivers you can't kill a diesel if you take care of it.

So the thing is you need to know,or find out what kind of use any used diesel powered pickups have had,along with the condition.

I usually buy new vehicles,however I have bought used a few times,but never over 2 years old.
That way I could find out how the truck was driven,my last Dodge lasted me 9 years before becoming a money pit.
I currently have a 2011 GMC which I bought new,a lot of money,however no negative issues,so far so good.

Have you checked out Find the best selection of Pickup Trucks and dealers at Cars.com
That google site was a new one for me and I like the way they list them by price. Pricey seems to be the theme for these trucks no matter how you cut it. There are occasional reasonably priced units but they are few and far between and they are sold before you can click the mouse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one in the Poconos and we shall see how it goes. One thing I need to learn fast is what to look for on the engine. I know on big diesels you can check the blow by by holding a thumb on the breather tube, which hangs down from the engine, or that's how it used to be anyhow. Is there something like that on these smaller engines that will at least give a hint on how the rings are holding up?