I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Nope, that is pollution. They route all that back into the engine to be burned off.

Guardrail

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I maybe try running it with the oil cap off and see how hard it blows my hand off?

Those below market value craigslist ads that end with an odd number are always a scam when I check. It will be someone fixing to leave the country for military reasons.

Here is something to look out for, especially in later model pickups at lower prices are those vehicles that are flood recovery.
Some of those vehicles come up for sale in some used car lots,& with all of the electronics in newer used vehicles you could really get stuck.

One ad actually included that it had a flood recovery title for it. And it is a pretty big business with plenty of vehicles to work with lately.

The diesel engines have a vacuum pump to operate accessories & vent the crankcase. The engines don't have as much vacuum as a gasoline engine & the turbocharged engines have intake pressure just above idle & more under load. If it is an automatic transmission pull the transmission dipstick & smell the fluid. If there is a burned odor the transmission has probably been overheated. Some people overload a pickup by towing much more than they should. I have seen one ton trucks hooked to a trailer more suited for much larger trucks. Many of the ones I have seen couldn't stop safely in a short distance. I have always thought the Revenue Rangers should be checking those instead of harassing safe law abiding truckers.

Can I maybe try running it with the oil cap off and see how hard it blows my hand off?

Take the oil cap off with the engine running, and flip it over on top of the tube. If it blows the cap off, it has too much blow-by, if it just vibrates off, good to go. Any 7.3 questions, just ask… I spent a great deal of time, money, and sweat enjoying my last Ford with a 7.3. I didn't spend money having to maintain it, it was money modding it!

Take the oil cap off with the engine running, and flip it over on top of the tube. If it blows the cap off, it has too much blow-by, if it just vibrates off, good to go. Any 7.3 questions, just ask… I spent a great deal of time, money, and sweat enjoying my last Ford with a 7.3. I didn't spend money having to maintain it, it was money modding it!
Will keep you in mind if anything crops up.
Here's a nice truck except for the 6.0 but it is priced to sell.
2003 FORD F-250 XLT 4X4! CREW CAB! DIESEL! MUST SELL ASAP!!

Z71 crew cab? You ain't thinking 90's..lol

90's Chevys rock.

e6ymu2y9.jpg

Guardrail

I don't need a big crew cab, I'd be happy with just a plain P/Up but it looks like extended cab in in my future. Thanks for showing though.

I don't need a big crew cab, I'd be happy with just a plain P/Up but it looks like extended cab in in my future. Thanks for showing though.
Yeah, I don't really need a crew cab either but, down south anyway, there's much better deals on 3/4 and 1 ton crews than extended cab 1/2 tons (chevy's) Like 90's Z71's, people are WAY overpriced on here but, you can find mint crew cabs, like GT's, much better priced, and more truck to boot.

Funny I remember pickup regular cab pickups were standard.
Extended,or crew cabs were special order,now it is almost reversed.
I think probably because so many are using their pickups for family vehicles as well as utility.

It is just me & my wife,so a regular cab with a long 8' box works best for me.
I have seen crew cabs with long boxes,& oh my those babies have to be some chore to park at store parking lots.

I think probably because so many are using their pickups for family vehicles as well as utility.

I have seen crew cabs with long boxes,& oh my those babies have to be some chore to park at store parking lots.

I think that trend is over up here, I'm seeing more and more standard cabs with 8' boxes now than I have in years. I picked up a 99 with a regular cab, liking the 8' box.

Ever since ABFer started this I notice every diesel pickup on the road! Thanks Brother................now I want one!
And here's another, freshly posted too. I think I'm on a good trail though so I'll stick to the one I'm on for now.
Oops, here's the damn link 1997 F250 Power Stroke Diesel 4x4 :duh:

Yea, I'd be fine with a regular pickup and an 8' box myself, hard to find. I didn't ask the guy but from what I can see the one I'm onto is a short box. I have a trailer though so I'm not too worried about that part.