I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Like the old school steel wheels on that.
Me too, I'm a purist when it comes to that stuff. I'm sort of hoping the wheels off of my '92 van will fit that '99 pick up, it has good tires and true steel wheels.

I want a big black pipe sticking out the back of the cab, rollin coal baby....***** extended, mission accomplished!

Actually I need to sell my 03, I never use it, I don't need another truck, I want one, but I don't need one, my VW Jetta is my work car. Di would be pissed if I showed up with a big ol Cummims Dodge with a big ol stack in the back! So I don't, happy wife, happy life!

I want a big black pipe sticking out the back of the cab, rollin coal baby....***** extended, mission accomplished!

Actually I need to sell my 03, I never use it, I don't need another truck, I want one, but I don't need one, my VW Jetta is my work car. Di would be pissed if I showed up with a big ol Cummims Dodge with a big ol stack in the back! So I don't, happy wife, happy life!
Complete with a "Mind if I smoke?" decal on the back window?

I use the 8 foot box for hauling hay,& bails of wood shavings for horse bedding.
I had a short box,& oh my it was only a foot & half shorter than the long box but hauling stuff really made a difference.
I had to tie everything in,as I could never put the tail gate up on the short box.

But owning any vehicle it is what works best for you.

Here's a possible candidate. A little high on the mileage but it sounds OK.
1999 ford f250 7.3 lifted
Weeelllllll I came home with it and so far so good. Was a young guy who works at Fedex Frt. in the Poconos who had it last. Real nice guy, he even gave me 3/4 tank of fuel with it. It killed me to part with $10,000 for it but as you know I been shopping and relatively speaking I got a good deal. Now I have a nice shiny set of alloy wheels for sale with some rubber on them. I have no idea what they go for new but $250 each wouldn't surprise me. Everything checked out as was recommended and it seems like everything works for the ride home. I have my first vehicle with cruise control and electric seats now! The first thing I will do is shed that lift kit and it looks like I need to buy new springs and hangers for the front. Back looks like it's just shorter U-bolts. Guess I should be able to get a dollar or two or the lift kit as well.
Thanks to all who helped me out with this.

Weeelllllll I came home with it and so far so good. Was a young guy who works at Fedex Frt. in the Poconos who had it last. Real nice guy, he even gave me 3/4 tank of fuel with it. It killed me to part with $10,000 for it but as you know I been shopping and relatively speaking I got a good deal. Now I have a nice shiny set of alloy wheels for sale with some rubber on them. I have no idea what they go for new but $250 each wouldn't surprise me. Everything checked out as was recommended and it seems like everything works for the ride home. I have my first vehicle with cruise control and electric seats now! The first thing I will do is shed that lift kit and it looks like I need to buy new springs and hangers for the front. Back looks like it's just shorter U-bolts. Guess I should be able to get a dollar or two or the lift kit as well.
Thanks to all who helped me out with this.

Congrats Brother ABFer!!!! It was the white one you got right?

I also join in with grocerythrower to wish you a hugh congrats for your new to you purchase.
Gotta say you really did your homework with this thread topic you started.
So how does it feel now that the long hunt is finally over?

Ford is the best value !! The posting was removed....so I never saw your new truck "congrats !!"

Yes, white F250 extended cab short bed lifted with shiny wheels.
Thank you all so far so good with it.

Well if you got it home from the mountains & the wheels didn't fall off,or the motor didn't blow.
I'd say that is a good start to your motoring enjoyment.

Just wondering,did the youngster say why he was selling it?

Well if you got it home from the mountains & the wheels didn't fall off,or the motor didn't blow.
I'd say that is a good start to your motoring enjoyment.

Just wondering,did the youngster say why he was selling it?
He said, and the pieces of the puzzle fit, that he was looking to buy something newer. He's fairly new at Fedex and it seems they are working him plenty. Young guy, new decent paying job usually goes big on a new car. I suspect that the price of diesel these days played into it a bit too, he did say he's buying a gas job. This is a tow vehicle for me, will get fairly little use so the price of the diesel is not as big a concern for me. I need the diesel to pull a heavy trailer.

Will definitely take the pics for you (and me). Other than it being lifted it seems to be very nice. The body looks like it hasn't been wrecked except for one small dent, which is surprising for a truck that's been lifted. I'd expect it to be torn up. OOO it has a remote starter too, this is living large for me!!!

Yeah baby both of our vehicles have remote starters which have proven very convenient especially this winter.
They run the vehicle for up to 15 minutes,enough to defrost the windows & have a nice toasty cabin when we are ready to go.
Yet not so long running that my wife will burn up a tank of gas.

Well then for you & your piggy banks sake, I sure hope that young-in wasn't feeding you bad info on the reason for selling it.

However this may be just my opinion,you should put some miles on it,to see if any negative issues pop up.
Then let her sit around if you want,although this ride is all yours now so even if there are some mechanical issues.

Well I really don't want to be a wet blanket,so lets hope not,& the youngster is an honest fellow.
Besides if you can't believe a fellow trucker who can you believe?

Yep, fill 'er up with diesel, carry full can with me and see what the fuel gauge looks like when it runs out. What do these things do when they run out? Is priming necessary?
Here are a couple of pics and these are the extra wheels that came with. They are for sale. Any idea what value? I'm thinking $500-$600 range. As you can see it has a retractable cover to protect the stuff that won't fit on my porch!

He probably bought a tire/rim package, that's the big thing these days. those were probably around a 2k- 2500$ package, depending on the rim brand and size

You might be able to get a good idea from a 4x4 place that does lifts.

He probably bought a tire/rim package, that's the big thing these days. those were probably around a 2k- 2500$ package, depending on the rim brand and size

You might be able to get a good idea from a 4x4 place that does lifts.
Brand is "Made in China" 20" and have a local place I will check with.
Very nice AB! Looks really clean :)
Thanks, it is clean. I'm still waiting to find the ghost in the closet on it. All is good so far.