I need a new truck. Part 2

Guess I'm missing something here.

Why do you need to bother with financing a replacement?

Was the accident your fault?

On the 2006,almost 111,000 miles,did the dealer offer you a carfax.
So you know how many owned it,before the dealer,& if so what kind of driving they did?
Thats a lot of miles if it was just driving locally,however highway miles at,or a bit above the speed limit not so bad.
Also does the dealer offer some kind of warrantee?

Plus check out http://www.edmunds.com/ to see what they value it at.

Not trying to be negative,just looking out for you girl.

Guess I'm missing something here.

Why do you need to bother with financing a replacement?

Was the accident your fault?

Between the old loan including our payoff of the Montero and only buying it last May the insurance payoff won't cover the total loan, but the gap insurance will leave us walking away clean. So starting from square one, with no down I have to finance again. Luckily with our credit union I qualify for a 3% interest rate, but I still have to find something no older than 2004.

Sent from my drone magnet

Between the old loan including our payoff of the Montero and only buying it last May the insurance payoff won't cover the total loan, but the gap insurance will leave us walking away clean. So starting from square one, with no down I have to finance again. Luckily with our credit union I qualify for a 3% interest rate, but I still have to find something no older than 2004.

So the other driver was at fault?

Thank God for your gap insurance. Glad to hear someone benefited from that scam.

The 04' actually looks alittle better IMO.

My inlaws have 1, it's got almost 300k on it, they have 5 kids, 4 of which have recently started driving. That poor burb looks like it's been in a derby now..lol..not 1 spot that hasn't rubbed up against something

I'm thinking a payout from the other insurance company for all the pain and agony, suffering, lack of sleep, lack of intimacy and lack of lacking should get you a little bonus check.

Guardrail

So the other driver was at fault?

Thank God for your gap insurance. Glad to hear someone benefited from that scam.

Yes his fault.

Only cost us $250 at our credit union and we knew we would be a little upside down in it by rolling the remainder of the Montero in the loan so we took it.
Come to find out if we refinance in 90 days and purchase the gap again they will throw $1000 toward principle on our new loan. Pays for itself 3 fold.

The 04' actually looks alittle better IMO.

My inlaws have 1, it's got almost 300k on it, they have 5 kids, 4 of which have recently started driving. That poor burb looks like it's been in a derby now..lol..not 1 spot that hasn't rubbed up against something

That's how I felt, I don't like the stick on crappy chrome. We drove them both today, its the first two we found that we wanted to even test drive. The 05 hasn't been taken care of as well, and the other has a few minor issues like it was stuck on blowing air from the defroster vents, they would fix it but it might be do-able.

That's how I felt, I don't like the stick on crappy chrome. We drove them both today, its the first two we found that we wanted to even test drive. The 05 hasn't been taken care of as well, and the other has a few minor issues like it was stuck on blowing air from the defroster vents, they would fix it but it might be do-able.
I guess the good thing is, you guys know what a good transmission should feel like now..lol

We are currently trying to find our way OUT of the known transmission issues. I just can't decide if I should just throw in the towel buy a 1980's model for 2 k and call it good. Kinda fed up. We have dozens to look at but I wonder really how long this is going to take the insurance company and credit union to get us to square one.

Meh. Not to mention the fact that the company that just hired me, has had me off for the last 7 days because everyone decided to frac at the same time so no one is hauling excess water to disposal right now... so I am recently hired to a company and STILL looking for work.. I HATE THIS ECONOMY!!

The drilling has slowed in the Fayetteville Shale in the last few years. Many people moved to Pennsylvania to work in the Marcellus Shale.
SUVs usually get double or triple duty. They are a commute vehicle, school & soccer vehicle, vacation & family together ride. It is difficult to find one that has been properly maintained.
I don't usually advocate lawsuits but I wouldn't sign off until I was sure there aren't any hidden injuries. The insurance companies will usually settle for about $2K per person for pain, suffering & inconvenience rather than go to court. You did nothing wrong so you don't owe anybody anything. If it had been determined you were at fault you can bet the other party would be hiring an ambulance chasing attorney.

There is a sweet looking Suburban in my area asking $10,900 for it. I'd stop and grab some pics but I know it could do you no good given the distance between two points.

Yes his fault.

Well it all sucks, all the way around. The other driver is at fault, and you have to go through the inconvenience of replacing your car, and dealing with financing.

The way I see it, the other guy's insurance should be responsible for making you whole. Even if it means you still have a note to pay when it is all said and done, there should be a minimal impact on your life, and you should have essentially what had before the other driver screwed up your day.

Insurance sucks.