I need some advice

Truckpipes4u

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello,

I just started a new business selling Chrome and Stainless truck exhaust. I am having trouble finding out how to get my message out to the trucking industry. does anyone have any advice they could give on how to reach my target?? Its a small company that operates from ebay and an online store.

truckpipesnow is the name of my website. I want to supply truckers and trucking companies that might need replacement parts or want to dress a truck up a bit.

I need feedback from some pros.

Thanks,
Dan

Well this is one way but I think the majority here are company drivers and we dont dress up our Sterlings too much.:biglaugh: Actually some of us would probably get fired for "altering company equipment"! Maybe try to sneak your way into some of the radio talk shows like Steve Sommers. I think that would be a good target audience for ya!:1036316054: Probably more O/O there.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will look into that right now to see what I can do to get into the talk show circuits.

Thanks Again.

Overdrive Magazine targets Owner Ops. You can call Isac at 800.633.5953 ext1494 and see if you can get a news article on your company or a advertising box in the back section. Magazines have a long shelf life a placing ads every three months could get you up to 2 years of advertising. You can also target websites like OwerOperator.com or OOIDA magazine...just to name a few. Good Luck.

racer.gif

Pipes now, just putting paper flyers out in nearby truckstops is an inexpensive form of advertising, along with plastic signs that stick in the ground with your info on them also gain exposure. Lots of ways to gain an audience with a small ad budget.

I did it.

Well this is one way but I think the majority here are company drivers and we dont dress up our Sterlings too much.:biglaugh: Actually some of us would probably get fired for "altering company equipment"! Maybe try to sneak your way into some of the radio talk shows like Steve Sommers. I think that would be a good target audience for ya!:1036316054: Probably more O/O there.

I got onto Channel XM171 and gave an info-mercial of sorts. Thanks for the tip.

Pipes now, just putting paper flyers out in nearby truckstops is an inexpensive form of advertising, along with plastic signs that stick in the ground with your info on them also gain exposure. Lots of ways to gain an audience with a small ad budget.

Great Idea. Thanks. I will make some of those up.