Yellow | I need some info please.

When I applied in 1985, I had to do the following,just to get an interview with Roadway.
1. Break down a 4,000# skid of cement in 100 # bags,then restack it.
2. Pull 10 drag line carts off the line,and load all cartons in the correct trailer.
3. Load a 45’ trailer using only a pallet jack.
4. Pretrip a tractor,jiff it up,and hook the entire set in 15 minutes.
5. Then take the set to the Ace Hardware DC by the terminal and back the entire set,with the rear trailer to the dock,and only was allowed 2 pull-ups.
6. Then return to terminal by walking 3 miles.
7. Had to then do 100 push-ups without stopping,50 sit-ups,bench press 150#.
8. Go take a lie detector test.
:lmao:

90# bags of cement? That's the easy way. At Yellow we had to do all of that but with 150# jute bags of coffee beans from the Brooklyn docks. Then go light the kerosene headlamps on the tractor so we could see our way back to the terminal.

I’m glad my team of horses knew the way back to the barn, so I could nap en route; thereby being fresh for the next shift.

When I applied in 1985, I had to do the following,just to get an interview with Roadway.
1. Break down a 4,000# skid of cement in 100 # bags,then restack it.
2. Pull 10 drag line carts off the line,and load all cartons in the correct trailer.
3. Load a 45’ trailer using only a pallet jack.
4. Pretrip a tractor,jiff it up,and hook the entire set in 15 minutes.
5. Then take the set to the Ace Hardware DC by the terminal and back the entire set,with the rear trailer to the dock,and only was allowed 2 pull-ups.
6. Then return to terminal by walking 3 miles.
7. Had to then do 100 push-ups without stopping,50 sit-ups,bench press 150#.
8. Go take a lie detector test.
9. be faster than a speeding bullet
10. be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

90# bags of cement? That's the easy way. At Yellow we had to do all of that but with 150# jute bags of coffee beans from the Brooklyn docks. Then go light the kerosene headlamps on the tractor so we could see our way back to the terminal.

And all this time, I thought you guys were truck drivers, didn't know you actually did manual labor.
BTW , at your age, you sure they were not carbide lamps?

In 1970 when I applied for the job the B.A. told the T.M., look at this kids face he starts working for you tomorrow! No test for me.:lmao: :guiness: :hide: :poster oops: :stirthepot:

In 1970 when I applied for the job the B.A. told the T.M., look at this kids face he starts working for you tomorrow! No test for me.:lmao: :guiness: :hide: :poster oops: :stirthepot:

That's what I was saying about my test, adjusted mirrors, drained air tanks, the man said "do you know how to
get to Atlanta?"

And more full of ....
Never mind

:hide:
Wwi37w2.jpg

Synergies???