I need to know an answer to this

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Is OH totally a Union company or do they have Union and Non Union Barns?

we have union and non union barns. in oregon only portland medford and one other are union. i was told that all the barns in washington are union.

Boise wants to go non-union as well, that is for most of the drivers that have crossed. I think that atleast here in Seattle, the local needs a change in Union leadership.

I was hoping that someone would confirm or correct me about Medford. I haven't been up there in a while so I can't seem to find anything out.

Is this something you heard from management or coworkers?? Just a curious question?

The rumor mill. Other employees have said this and I haven't actively sought information from management. Management doesn't seem to very forthcoming with information of that nature. I think they're a bit touchy (if you ask me.)

Union and Non-Union Terminals

I will try to give you some insight into the seperation of union and non-union terminals within O.H.F.L. All the terminals in Washington are Union. One terminal is called the Lewiston hub, but its actually in Clarkston. The vast majority of employees in Oregon are union although oregon has a substantial amount of small hubs that are not.

Now to address the crossovers since the U.L.P strike begain. The vast majority that have crossed were office personel in the home office and in Boise Idaho. Boise had not been union all that long, and being a right to work state most of the city drivers crossed rather quickly. Other than that the crossers have been few and far between. If I were to guess , between the office personel and Boise, that group would make up half or maybe a little better than half of those who crossed. Medford is still a union terminal but it has had a few drivers cross. None of the union hubs have had enough cross to make any diffrence in the outcome of the U.L.P sttrike. All of cali is non-union and Nevada is non-union as well. But I have herd that most of the larger hubs in cali are taking a wait and see approach to unionisim, waiting to see the outcome of the strike. I hope this helps in reduceing the fog at least a little.

I have my fingers crossed and am betting on the Teamsters. I just hope someone can help us when it comes time to join. I want to use membership to all its advantages.

also...OBAMA WINS!!!!

This sucks,my Ins for family will be $50.54 wk.FXFN for the same thing is $36.69 wk Why do freight people have to pay more for same coverage.All I can say is CIGNA SUCKS.they wont pay for sh_t, but they still take your money $2628.08 per year for health ,dental, vision is more than our raises will keep up with.the drug plan has a min charge of 5.00 on generic when you can get it at wal mart for 4.00 what good is that

This too could be you. Saw this on a fedex board. See the future with a company run medical program. They say it is thru cigma but the company has the final say.

As one union member to another please please don't shop Walmart, try Walgreens or elsewhere. Walmart is one of the largest anit-worker, anti-union company here.

As one union member to another please please don't shop Walmart, try Walgreens or elsewhere. Walmart is one of the largest anit-worker, anti-union company here.

Wal-Mart is awful, to me, they are a symbol of the race to the bottom.

Read here about Wal-Mart's first union store and how they shut it down after the employees vote in favor of the union. As Union Nears Win, Wal-Mart Closes Store , in Texas when the butchers signed cards to unionize Wal-Mart decided to go to only pre-packed meat. They have called their management teams in and explained that they need to vote Republican if they wish to keep their jobs.

Free Choice Act, and Unionized Wal-Marts these are things that weren't even a possibility yesterday. We are entering a new era for unions, this Free Choice Act is exactly the prescription for our struggling unions and the middle class.

Maybe someday it will be illegal to even operate a business that's sole reason for existence is to undermine the efforts of unionized labor.

Yes We Can!

I prefer to shop at Costco, although they are not all union, Costco employs tens of thousands of Teamsters in this country.

I am on that same page with you Silver! I know that Walmart is cheap but people really need to be looking at the bigger picture at what the true cost is! I hope to see brighter tomorrows as of last night for all Americans.

shopping at wal-mart is bad for america 2% of all merchandise is actually made in america so that means that your hard earned us dollar is going to be shipped overseas to pay the third world country who cheap labor is doing our jobs we cant even buy american anymore can you remember the last time you seen something that said made in the USA