Holland | I need your advice...

teamster02

TB Lurker
Credits
When we voted on our contract we were given some written proposals and at the final vote a verbal agreement (per a call to NL) about some language. 2 items in particular swung alot of votes for sure. (I don't want to post the particulars here) Anyway these 2 items never made it into the final contract we just got (3 months late). So, since we voted based on the proposals/information we were given, and this is not in the contract we got, is this even a valid contract? Next, what do you think the IBT can/will do about this if we can not get this rectified on the local level? These are 2 VERY important items that will cost jobs and lots of $$$ if not corrected.

If I remember correctly,it was the Intl that force fed this crap to us.I don`t see any help ever ever ever coming from them.A shoulder shrug is the reply from steward`s. I can understand your concern with the different language,but the only recourse will have to be at election time.

If I remember correctly,it was the Intl that force fed this crap to us.I don`t see any help ever ever ever coming from them.A shoulder shrug is the reply from steward`s. I can understand your concern with the different language,but the only recourse will have to be at election time.

Sad, but true.

I'll assume you mean the steward election, because we have NEVER gotten a ballot to vote for (or against) our "elected" union representatives. Having said that, I think we MUST protect our rights here. We voted based on the proposals & that is not the contract we received. I don't know if that is mis-reprepresentation or lack of representation or (hopefully) a mistake that was made that will be fixed. If the IBT is no help, then what about the NLRB or even legal action?

I'll assume you mean the steward election, because we have NEVER gotten a ballot to vote for (or against) our "elected" union representatives. Having said that, I think we MUST protect our rights here. We voted based on the proposals & that is not the contract we received. I don't know if that is mis-reprepresentation or lack of representation or (hopefully) a mistake that was made that will be fixed. If the IBT is no help, then what about the NLRB or even legal action?

I would call the NLRB and question the mis-reprepresentation angle they may be able to direct you.

Teamster02,i don`t mean the steward election!Do the articles that differ,have a similarity of the NMFA,with that said and the almost 3 month delay in the "printing"of the contract,the lame *** reasons we were told by the stewards, and you know what I`m talking about! This is my reason for the "force fed" statement.

They stuck that sorry a*s mini contract in with the ballot. The banked on everyone believing the LIES that were sent to us. I guess they were right.