SAIA | I Now Understand!!!

Working the dock may very well happen, but as for productivity.......well, I would be reading every label on every box, making sure the consignee info matched up, the piece count was absolutely correct (don't want to get out counted by a customer) doing the job entirely by the book, including making sure the trailer was .......ahem.... properly placarded or placards taken off.

As for hostling, those doggone automatic transmissions, haven't figured them out yet on a hostling mule. It's kinda hard to read the door numbers on the yard and its always tough to read those pesky trailer numbers.

:hysterical::hysterical:

i hear ya man. working the dock at my home terminal is part of my line run. i try to work quickly there, but if i ever had to do a work off i would certainly make it worth my while.

Well the 30 minutes was a lunch!! I guess they find a way the stick it to US again!! So now its a lunch and another 30 minutes just between the 4th and 6th hour??? GOT TO MAKE SURE THE BIG BOYS GET THOSE BONUSES!!!

i'm not entirely certain about the 4th-6th hour deal, it's just something i was told by another driver. i am sure about the stupid lunch break + 30minutes deal. if it's a straightup 30 minutes where you are, i wouldnt even mention it.

If they didn't make such stupid expectations, we would not need nearly as many managers and district managers. They make up stupid numbers then demand everyone to make it happen. Lets boot most of the mangement and get back to trucking and make some money for the company.

well said just how many idiots do we really need CW needs to be available to the industry again:funky::nutkick:

the bad part is the upper level management that everyone dislikes are getting bonuses this year. the TM's and supervisors are not and we have had to wait on our raises for months. would it not make sense to reward those on the frontline for the job they did if the company did well enough to issue bonuses?

the bad part is the upper level management that everyone dislikes are getting bonuses this year. the TM's and supervisors are not and we have had to wait on our raises for months. would it not make sense to reward those on the frontline for the job they did if the company did well enough to issue bonuses?

Kinda like taking advantage of the company, by the company, with the company's blessing. Can you say "the rich keep getting richer and the poor keep getting poorer?"

first......bump all the city guy's to a 4 day work week....."no overtime"..........second bump the start time back 30 minutes and at the same time give'm a little more to do each day.......let'm know if they can't do it,we will have to get somebody that can.......third .........bump the raise back another 4 months, blame it on fighting the union in dls and grl...........then take all the money you save and divide between all the pencil pusher's .................and you have a big fat juice'eee bonus plan..anybody don't like it? then you can quit and start over down the street. where they are doing the same dang thang!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

sounds like our friend on the other thread doesn't or won't have an answer for this....considering he has taken the money and ran. Respect, dignity, thats a crock of ....Mike T. former regional manager and now veepee of sumpin else.

sounds like our friend on the other thread doesn't or won't have an answer for this....considering he has taken the money and ran. Respect, dignity, thats a crock of ....Mike T. former regional manager and now veepee of sumpin else.

Did you really think the Hired Gun would hang around after the checks stopped?

first......bump all the city guy's to a 4 day work week....."no overtime"..........second bump the start time back 30 minutes and at the same time give'm a little more to do each day.......let'm know if they can't do it,we will have to get somebody that can.......third .........bump the raise back another 4 months, blame it on fighting the union in dls and grl...........then take all the money you save and divide between all the pencil pusher's .................and you have a big fat juice'eee bonus plan..anybody don't like it? then you can quit and start over down the street. where they are doing the same dang thang!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Careful now redeye. This is management material you are talking here.:hysterical:

I want to know one thing!!! Who woke redeye up??:Zzzz: