TForce | I thought this was funny

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.
Not every one understands how different aspects of the union works. Because this driver doe's not mind fueling his truck does not make him a bonehead. This driver does get paid for fueling his equipment. I think that explaining to the driver how your situation works would have a much more positive ring to it. Just like your post would create a negative vibe to an employee who is on the fence deciding what road to go down.

truckinusa said:

Here is a good example why most UPSF are turned off about the union. Maybe fueling the truck is a little to complicated.

I guess I another bonehead that don't mind fueling my tractor. WOW, that is a good reason to go union.

This bonehead don't need your sorry union either. It is pretty sorry to.

you are non-union so you are use to working for free you can not grasp the fact that people get paid for doing all work....novel idea, if you want to fuel for free next time , if I see a non-represented bonehead in a truck stop he can fuel mine too and don't forget to get the windows.

webidiot said:
you are non-union so you are use to working for free you can not grasp the fact that people get paid for doing all work....novel idea, if you want to fuel for free next time , if I see a non-represented bonehead in a truck stop he can fuel mine too and don't forget to get the windows.

Webi, I thought upsf drivers did get paid to fuel. This isn't my battle I work for fxf and we get 15min pay to fuel. But when you start calling guys boneheads it really doesn't do your cause much good. Have a great weekend.:USA:

webidiot said:
I see this negative name calling all to often. If you speak to people about union and non-union issues with respect and compassion the results would be far more positive. During the last campaign I used to listen on the cb radio, drivers constantly fighting and name calling and I used to think, what a way to inform. This will only turn off a driver and create a negative attidude and nothing has been gained, Others will see or hear this negative reaction and also be turned off. Much more will be gained if people would stop the negative coments, State the facts and let it be.

Pompano said:
Webi, I thought upsf drivers did get paid to fuel. This isn't my battle I work for fxf and we get 15min pay to fuel. But when you start calling guys boneheads it really doesn't do your cause much good. Have a great weekend.:USA:
You are right!!!! And yes "O" has always paid for fueling.

Skeeter said:
Here is a good example why most UPSF are turned off about the union. Maybe fueling the truck is a little to complicated.

I guess I another bonehead that don't mind fueling my tractor. WOW, that is a good reason to go union.

This bonehead don't need your sorry union either. It is pretty sorry to.
Yes, one negative responce only creates another and nothing has been gained. Full circle= negative

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled.
Were you on the clock while waiting...or on your own time?
Just wondering because if you were on the clock you could have just as well fueled your own truck.....and if you were on your own time...you would rather sit and waste time than fill it up and keep moving?...and you call us boneheads

I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me."
Not if I'm sitting there for free...I'll fuel and move on.

I guess you should go to a union fuel stop so that one of your "brothers" could fuel your truck.

What a joke some of you union guys are.

Just when I was starting to think it might not be so bad being union...I am reminded why I DO NOT want to be union.

truckinusa said:

I have seen Roadway drivers fueling their own trucks...are they boneheads too?...or are you just a lazy steeringwheel holder?

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I have seen Roadway drivers fueling their own trucks...are they boneheads too?...or are you just a lazy steeringwheel holder?
Every one has their different reasons for what they do while on the job union or not. For me, Its not a money issue. I will do what it takes to get the job done as quickley as possible so that I can get home to my family. If it saves me time Im going for it.

why did a UPSF guy approach a Roadway guy anyway otherthan to bother him, what did he think the conversation was going to lead to? I am not going to let some nameless faceless poster on these boards affect my decision with a comment. just the facts. I think other companys would like to be in our position to get the latest, greatest contract in history.

In the Union Fueling trucks is a Bid and also includes yard moves. I guess this guy doesn't understand that he is taking away another mans job.

webidiot said:

Talk about boneheads you with your sweetheart union contract making less then what Motor Cargo use to make.

LOL! You have no room to call UPSF drivers or any nonunion drivers boneheads.
But at least you can call yourself a teamster bonehead. :punk:

gb251 said:
In the Union Fueling trucks is a Bid and also includes yard moves. I guess this guy doesn't understand that he is taking away another mans job.
Well , Its seems pretty simple. Explain to the driver how the fueling process works with in a union. Its all about informing, Not negitive coments towards a non-union worker.

wassesname said:
why did a UPSF guy approach a Roadway guy anyway otherthan to bother him, what did he think the conversation was going to lead to? I am not going to let some nameless faceless poster on these boards affect my decision with a comment. just the facts. I think other companys would like to be in our position to get the latest, greatest contract in history.
Is it wrong if infact the Upsf driver aproached the Roadway driver. What would have been wrong for the Roadway driver to Inform the Upsf driver as to how the fueling of equipment works within a union. Many drivers for "O" have never worked for a union and do not know the ins and outs. This is the job of the union employees to talk and answer questions for the Upsf employee's. Negitive coments like this will only turn off a non-union employee and leave an ever lasting impression on him or her. Hoffa made it perfectly clear for all union employee's to talk to Upsf employee's any chance they get. What you are doing and saying is completely counter productive to your cause.

wassesname said:
As far as the latest and greatest contract in history. This remains to be seen. Many of us are hopeing for a great contract. But you my friend are not helping the cause with your negitive views towards non-union employee's. You just might change someone's mind by giving the facts and giving them respect and leaving the negitivity out of it.

I just thought it was funny

I guess my main point was I found it odd that someone would rather fuel their own truck when they could be staying dry from the rain etc.. He almost seemed eager to fuel his truck on his own. I kinda like not getting diesel on me. maybe I should of been nicer, but I'm a bit of a smartass.

truckinusa said:
I guess my main point was I found it odd that someone would rather fuel their own truck when they could be staying dry from the rain etc.. He almost seemed eager to fuel his truck on his own. I kinda like not getting diesel on me. maybe I should of been nicer, but I'm a bit of a smartass.

I know you guys are easy to spot.
Most of us just laugh at your ignorance.

truckinusa said:
Remember, These drivers do get paid for fueling and alot of drivers will take every penny they can. Which is their right. Just inform them and they may see a different light at the end of the tunnel.