TForce | I thought this was funny

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.

Unlike the rest of the Unionized posters on here you took a different approach by calling one of our drivers a name for wanting to do something different than you do.

By the way, did you ever answer his question? Or just made the union card statement? I'm wondering if you were sarcastic or maybe you said something else that made him say what he said to you.

Are you really giving us the whole story?

my response

steve5 said:
Unlike the rest of the Unionized posters on here you took a different approach by calling one of our drivers a name for wanting to do something different than you do.

By the way, did you ever answer his question? Or just made the union card statement? I'm wondering if you were sarcastic or maybe you said something else that made him say what he said to you.

Are you really giving us the whole story?
I didn't mean to offend by calling him a bonehead. Maybe the word ignorant would have been better. Look at it this way. What if your whole job was fueling trucks? They are paying you 1 hr to fuel 10 trucks. .1 x 10 = 1hr. Would you go for that? Depending on how fast u are maybe u are taking a 10 percent reduction in pay or maybe even more? I believe it is ignorant thinking to want to work for free.
My main point was that this guy enjoyed fueling his truck and now I find out for less than half of what I get. What is good about this situation? Put aside all the other crap the Union could possibly stand for. I was very nice to the guy. Maybe a little sarcastic, but I didn't push his buttons. Noone was upset.

truckinusa said:
I didn't mean to offend by calling him a bonehead. Maybe the word ignorant would have been better. Look at it this way. What if your whole job was fueling trucks? They are paying you 1 hr to fuel 10 trucks. .1 x 10 = 1hr. Would you go for that? Depending on how fast u are maybe u are taking a 10 percent reduction in pay or maybe even more? I believe it is ignorant thinking to want to work for free.
My main point was that this guy enjoyed fueling his truck and now I find out for less than half of what I get. What is good about this situation? Put aside all the other crap the Union could possibly stand for. I was very nice to the guy. Maybe a little sarcastic, but I didn't push his buttons. Noone was upset.
Hers somthing maby you will understand If he was fueling his own truck probaley a team run out west no less Hes making probabley 1700.00 to 1800.00 aweek and maby hes happy with that . Big picture driver BIG PICTURE!!!!!!!

I think I'm wasting my breath

Dallas Dog said:
Hers somthing maby you will understand If he was fueling his own truck probaley a team run out west no less Hes making probabley 1700.00 to 1800.00 aweek and maby hes happy with that . Big picture driver BIG PICTURE!!!!!!!
We are getting off my main point again, but since u mention it why wouldn't u be happy with getting less mileage pay too? How about them paying you HHG miles or some figure that's 10 percent less? I have no idea how mileage pay works at UPSF BTW. Its irrelevant to my point anyway. How much would that 5000 miles a week be at .62cpm like a UPS sleeper team hauling packages?

Teamster251 said:
It normally takes 45 minutes for me to fuel.

Wait in line. Usally one of two deep
Scan two credit cards, log in tractor, milege, employee number, fuel type, extra transactions, etc. at the pump
Pump fuel usally 225 -250 gallons. One side at a time. (Never leave nozzle unattended)
Wash windows
Check other fluids, oil, Washer fluid etc.
Visit fuel desk for receipt
Wait in line at Fuel desk.

45 Minutes easy, sometimes more.

Every minute paid for

Never a problem......it's in writting

You forgot one 251....
If on sleeper team...partner get his shower while you start fueling....then you shower...both on the clock...LOL
I met a UPS team in Santa Rosa,NM that said they do that.

truckinusa said:
We are getting off my main point again, but since u mention it why wouldn't u be happy with getting less mileage pay too? How about them paying you HHG miles or some figure that's 10 percent less? I have no idea how mileage pay works at UPSF BTW. Its irrelevant to my point anyway. How much would that 5000 miles a week be at .62cpm like a UPS sleeper team hauling packages?
ltl freight rates wont support that pay rate package pays more you know that BIG PICTURE

Pompano said:
Webi, I thought upsf drivers did get paid to fuel. This isn't my battle I work for fxf and we get 15min pay to fuel. But when you start calling guys boneheads it really doesn't do your cause much good. Have a great weekend.:USA:

As a union driver I am always Nice to the UPSF and FXF drivers.
I Don't want any of them to be turned off to the union because I was ignorant to them.

I think of the ALL FXF and UPSF drivers as potential brothers. Maybe this is a little pie in the sky but you get more flys with suger than vinegar. Try to treat all of them with the respect you want to be treated with.

your math is fuzzy. The truck gets .62 and then split or .31 a piece. So at 5000 miles at .31 UPS Package guys are making the same.

truckinusa said:

As of August 1, 2006 Sleeper team rate ia

.6781 which includes per diem food allowance

12pack said:
I Don't want any of them to be turned off to the union because I was ignorant to them.

I think of the ALL FXF and UPSF drivers as potential brothers. Maybe this is a little pie in the sky but you get more flys with suger than vinegar. Try to treat all of them with the respect you want to be treated with.
Good post I like it !

12pack said:

12pack you not only have a fantastic avatar but you have a good brain that you engage before you do your tongue. Great post and one we all should take heed to. We all are doing the same thing. Trying to survive in this world. A little respect goes a looooooooooong way!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hillbilly frog said:
12pack you not only have a fantastic avatar but you have a good brain that you engage before you do your tongue. Great post and one we all should take heed to. We all are doing the same thing. Trying to survive in this world. A little respect goes a looooooooooong way!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post HF. With all the negativity in this world, you are right a little kindness goes much further then smart a$$ cracks. Which sometimes we all speak before we think especially me. Have a great week.:shutup2:

truckinusa said:

Here again, he's "ignorant" because he does not mind fueling his own truck.

So I guess I and the rest of my fellow workers are "ignorant" also. I don't mind fueling my own truck, after all I do get paid for it.

What I'm getting from your post is we are not as good as you because you make more/or don't do as much work as we do.
Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

I would rather think of others as equal and keep doing it the way I'm doing it,(fueling at a discount rate) than to sit in my truck watching another driver fuel his own truck, and thinking how much lower he is than me.

Even though you are trying to sweeten up your original post, we know what you are really trying to say. At least I do.

Teamster251 said:
It normally takes 45 minutes for me to fuel.

Wait in line. Usally one of two deep
Scan two credit cards, log in tractor, milege, employee number, fuel type, extra transactions, etc. at the pump
Pump fuel usally 225 -250 gallons. One side at a time. (Never leave nozzle unattended)
Wash windows
Check other fluids, oil, Washer fluid etc.
Visit fuel desk for receipt
Wait in line at Fuel desk.

45 Minutes easy, sometimes more.

Every minute paid for

Never a problem......it's in writting

It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing,It's in writing, Can we here that just one more time please. It's in writing,

I'm kinda with you on this Skeeter, I'm for Union here but enough with how much better he has it.

WE GET THE POINT.

webidiot said:
you are non-union so you are use to working for free you can not grasp the fact that people get paid for doing all work....novel idea, if you want to fuel for free next time , if I see a non-represented bonehead in a truck stop he can fuel mine too and don't forget to get the windows.

If we are non-represented we are now boneheads?

Union against non-union, or are we employees wanting a better future against company taking away that future.

Where do you stand WI?

truckinusa said:
I didn't mean to offend by calling him a bonehead. Maybe the word ignorant would have been better.

I believe it is ignorant thinking to want to work for free.

And maybe realizing that not everybody who works to feed his family is as well off in their working conditions as we are might've gone a long way too. Do you think that the guy really enjoys doing it for free? It's just doesn't make good sense to smart off to a guy who might not have it as good as we do. Hopefully you'll figure this out when you grow up.

I'm rude, crule, sarcastic, pitting one brother against another, namecaller, etc. All I was talking about was I like having my truck fueled for me and I can't comprehend someone else not liking that too. If one of your terminals had all their fueling done for them u guys would raise hell about it. It looks like that may be the case in Indy soon. All I got to say is sign that card and have a chat with me in Moriarty instead of getting all dirty.

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.
Even if we go union. We would never have a contract that would be so non productive.This would be the reason why the ltl world is seeing the end of old school transportation co. like yrc co. are going to be a has been. BECAUSE UPS fuels there own trucks. and they hook there own trailers. the largest union co. in the world. either yrc co. can change or fall. abf has a change of opps. that is going to keep them very in the game.YRC is one big mess that will never make it.

truckinusa said:
I'm rude, crule, sarcastic, pitting one brother against another, namecaller, etc. All I was talking about was I like having my truck fueled for me and I can't comprehend someone else not liking that too. If one of your terminals had all their fueling done for them u guys would raise hell about it. It looks like that may be the case in Indy soon. All I got to say is sign that card and have a chat with me in Moriarty instead of getting all dirty.

You are not very informed about this company, most terminals I arrive at have there own fuelers. If there is an attendant (in most cases there is) I am not to fuel the truck. The only time we fuel, (by we I mean myself and my partner) is when there is no fuel at the terminal in the area.