TForce | I thought this was funny

Not all of us

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
What a joke some of you union guys are.
UPSF I am glad you used the word "some"
I also believe that being a Teamster don't make you a bonehead, And being a UPSF employee don't make you a bonehead. People are people and say things that ought not to be said wither they are Teamster on not. Non-Union People say things that ought not to be said. And I think there is a BIG difference from being a NON-UNION person and ANTI-UNION person. People are people and will say stupid things all the time. I am a Teamster and if I were to say stupid stuff I said them because of who I am NOT because I am a Teamster. If you were to say stupid things you would be saying them because that is you. not because you are NON-UNION...

Union or Non-Union people people can be ignorant. The card don't have anything to do with it.

did he even ask if the upsf guy is a road driver or p&d? I am p&d and pull a set all the time.

When I worked for coca cola we were paid a comission + a daily base salary ($40) they said that was for doing all the various duties not covered by being payed commision.

How do you live on commision Overnite?

Do you have to go to stores to talk the customers into buying your product?

Coca cola sells more product when its hotter right?

So in the hot times of the year your living large.
The rest of the time you've got to live on a budget?

Commision is something I'm really clueless about.
How long did you drive for Coca cola?
Do they have a big turn over in help where your from.

I know in my area they voted to be Teamsters a few years ago.
I haven't talked to any coke drivers in a while,so I don't know how its working out for them,or even if they'er still Teamsters or not?

Would you like to inlighten me Overnite?
Either way thanks.

I worked for coca cola about 9 years we have salesmen that go to accounts 2 days before us and make out orders sometimes they are good sometimes they don't even go to the store and just guess,

yes you had to budget your money becuase in the summer months you sold twice as much than the cold months,

I also worked for pepsi cola and we were payed 100% commision no daily base and I would make half of my years salary in june july and august.

turnover was almost 100% for both companies it is the same with beer companies also by 100% I mean if we had 50 employees total we would cycle through 50 employees in a year most through the same positions

working for coca cola/pepsi or any food vendor is somthing I would never do again but I am glad I did becuase they gave me the training to get my cdl.

But the customer is always right no matter what they ask for or how absurd they will call managment and managment will tell you do whatever they ask or you will be written up.

there was one time me 12 yo brother sister ans mother in law were in a wreck my brother was airlifted lost vital signs 3x at 3 am I called my superviser and told him what happened and I wouldn't be at work today on his voice mail, I got a call at home that said I didn't actually speak with him so I was getting a no call noshow write up.

everyone stayed on there final warning so they could get rid of whoever whenever they wanted to.

TAke a look at who you see driving for coke/pepsi/beer and they are 99% of the time under 21-24yo.

Thanks for the come back Overnite.

I'm sure your right about the big turnover.
We have two soda machines at my terminal both Pepsi.
Theres two spots in one cooler,one in the other for mountain dew.
Most workers drink mountain dew,and it runs out way before we get another delivery.

Whenever I see the driver coming to fill our machines,its always someone new.

I ask them for more mountain dew.
He always says he'll let someone know.

YA RIGHT,what a big fibber?

For all of this last year so far no one ever gets the message.

We'd all rather get it from our machines,its one dollar.
If we go to the corner store its $1.29,plus tax,and 5 cent bottle deposit.

So you being an (X) soda pop driver whats are next step to get more mountain dew delivered to my terminal?

It seems that the vendors working on commission are as near as slave labor as it gets.
Even waiters,and waitresses get hourly.
Its under the minumin wadge,and they have to rely on tips.

But if you only get commision you say you have to depend on a salesman to do the selling.

If you have a lazy salesman that doesn't have to make much money you'd get the short end of that deal.

I'm sticking with an hourly wage I can depend on.
I just have to swipe my card in,the morning, out at night,and forget about it.

Sounds like your way better off being out of the commision business Overnite.

that is part of coke management style "you vs them" the salesmens salary is half bonuses most of his bonus is meeting a volume goal and he only has to order the product to get credit for it, noone has to ok an order he can order whatever he wants.

if I bring back 50 cases then 50 x the commision rate is deducted from my check.

to swap out flavors in a vending machine you have to reprogram it which takes a little time, but just call the pepsi terminal and say add more mountian dew or were swapping to coke, they will have someone there ASAP.

If your terminal does a good amount of volume you can get a commission check for having the machines there sometimes upto $.10 per bottle.

Hey Guys ,, I'm new to the board.. I'm retired from driving but my hubby is still driving and has only been with UPS.. AKA MotorCargo, Medford,Or. for almost a yr. He lives in Or. I'm in Cal. do to the fact we have been trying to sell our house for almost that entire yr he has been in Or. UPS took over up there and he has been cut down to as little as 1 load aweek.. being told there are no loads but yet I myself as well as other UPSFrt. hauler from Or. and Ca. are seeing SubHaulers.. Also Dave has spoke with other UPSfrt drivewr that are being flown to Or. and running for weeks at time. I question is, is this happening any where else.? Thanks for any replies.

truckinusa said:
I was recently waiting in line in Moriarty,NM for my truck to be fueled. I work for Roadway. A UPSF driver asked me why I was waiting. I told him, "when you sign your union card you will be waiting here with me." He told me he liked fueling his truck and didn't mind continuing to do it. What a bonehead huh? Not trying to start anything. I just can't believe people that are so dumb.

What is the point of the post?
Teamsters get paid for all time when fueling....even if I wait my turn in the fuel lane at the truckstops........KK

Kennesaw Kid said:
What is the point of the post?
Teamsters get paid for all time when fueling....even if I wait my turn in the fuel lane at the truckstops........KK

His point, in my opinion is that he thinks someone that does not want the same thing as he does is some how lower than him.

Example: If a UPSF employee is ok with fueling, and washing his own windows he is a bonehead.

steve5 said:
I want representation, I've made that and the reasons why clear.

It has nothing to do with the way another treats me ie.. If a Union employee was to say something or do something that I did not agree with it would never change my mind.

I understand that people have bad days or that one's actions or opinions does not necessarily reflect the rest.

I am glad you can be understanding of fellow drivers but I am sure some people can get turned off easy. I just try to make sure my 6 is covered, Roger.

woodnnn said:
Even if we go union. We would never have a contract that would be so non productive.This would be the reason why the ltl world is seeing the end of old school transportation co. like yrc co. are going to be a has been. BECAUSE UPS fuels there own trucks. and they hook there own trailers. the largest union co. in the world. either yrc co. can change or fall. abf has a change of opps. that is going to keep them very in the game.YRC is one big mess that will never make it.

UPS Mileage drivers sets are hooked for them.
UPS Hourly drivers hook there own sets

YRC is offering the same premium survice as ABF. ABF just might be makeing biger news with it.
I really don't think i would wright YRC 's obituary so sune. just my opinion