I want a mentor

It only takes a second of the high beams to blind that driver who is watching the mirror. In the dark one's eyes are dilated fully, and today's headlights are many times brighter than they used to be.
Even just a blip of the high beams causes momentary blindness of the passing driver.
Is that safe for the motoring public?
No way.
Do nothing at all and just let the other guy move along.

so what do YOU do when you pass a truck and his headlights are bright, and maybe out of alignment, blind him as well..???

you cannot sit there and blame that trucker for the bright headlights as well..

what do YOU do when he is behind you, minding his own business and his headlights which are bright, blind you..???

you think he's gonna shut them off just for you.>???

you may very well be an aggressive driver out there, and just don't want to admit it.

there is nothing a driver can do for the headlights being bright, except write it up, and turn that into the shop.

so what do YOU do when you pass a truck and his headlights are bright, and maybe out of alignment, blind him as well..???

what do YOU do when he is behind you, minding his own business and his headlights which are bright, blind you..???

you may very well be an aggressive driver out there, and just don't want to admit it.

there is nothing a driver can do for the headlights being bright, except write it up, and turn that into the shop.

Or do what I do, adjust them myself, the nutsacks that have their fog lights pointed up to act as a 2nd set of headlights could adjust them as well, some of these rookies have fog lights that are brighter coming at me than their headlights. I say if you don't realize your lights are out of adjustment and don't know how to make that simple adjustment, they shouldn't be allowed in a truck. It all goes back to the world we live in, its me, me, me, as long as they can see a little better then they don't give a crap, like these douche bags that have wired things so their brights will work along with their fog lights, and run all night like that, they ought to have their license taken away.

Or do what I do, adjust them myself, the nutsacks that have their fog lights pointed up to act as a 2nd set of headlights could adjust them as well, some of these rookies have fog lights that are brighter coming at me than their headlights. I say if you don't realize your lights are out of adjustment and don't know how to make that simple adjustment, they shouldn't be allowed in a truck. It all goes back to the world we live in, its me, me, me, as long as they can see a little better then they don't give a crap, like these douche bags that have wired things so their brights will work along with their fog lights, and run all night like that, they ought to have their license taken away.

personally, other than washing the windows, (inside and out) and sweeping the floor out, and keeping the lights clean, i will not do any type of repairs to a truck i do not own. it's just not my job, and i do not get paid for it as well, this is why we have the Penske shop. if some of you guys want to "tinker" with your company trucks, then be my guest, i'll write it up and turn in the paperwork, which is all that is required by me.

the fog light issue has been a long winded drawn out one at that...they are useless, and so many guys think it is cool to have them on, just like there are so many o/o's (and company drivers with sleepers) that have the porch lights with red or blue lenses running all night as well.....what purpose does having the work lights (porch lights) on and a colored lens have to do with anything..?? they think it looks cool.....

but to me, my responsibilities lie with getting my truck to it's destination, write up DVIR's, maintain my log book, and drive safely..it does not include, repairing the damned thing, or making any adjustments, albeit except of course for the seat height or mirrors.....

personally, other than washing the windows, (inside and out) and sweeping the floor out, and keeping the lights clean, i will not do any type of repairs to a truck i do not own. it's just not my job, and i do not get paid for it as well, this is why we have the Penske shop. if some of you guys want to "tinker" with your company trucks, then be my guest, i'll write it up and turn in the paperwork, which is all that is required by me.

the fog light issue has been a long winded drawn out one at that...they are useless, and so many guys think it is cool to have them on, just like there are so many o/o's (and company drivers with sleepers) that have the porch lights with red or blue lenses running all night as well.....what purpose does having the work lights (porch lights) on and a colored lens have to do with anything..?? they think it looks cool.....

but to me, my responsibilities lie with getting my truck to it's destination, write up DVIR's, maintain my log book, and drive safely..it does not include, repairing the damned thing, or making any adjustments, albeit except of course for the seat height or mirrors.....

I understand, if you want to write it up and go to the house great. We can do the same, problem is, I work out of a shuttle yard and all our equipment has to go to the warehouse for repair, we have a shop there, sometimes it just easier for me to do it vs driving a truck down that doesn't need fuel, I put an AC belt on one of our units a few months back, it needed to be done so I did it, that sums up the way I think, if it needs doing I just do it, I'm paid by the hour so if I am working on a tractor or trailer I'm getting paid so no big deal, it all pays the same, saves me from having to deal with the guy at night in the shop, as Racer says...easy peasy.

I understand, if you want to write it up and go to the house great. We can do the same, problem is, I work out of a shuttle yard and all our equipment has to go to the warehouse for repair, we have a shop there, sometimes it just easier for me to do it vs driving a truck down that doesn't need fuel, I put an AC belt on one of our units a few months back, it needed to be done so I did it, that sums up the way I think, if it needs doing I just do it, I'm paid by the hour so if I am working on a tractor or trailer I'm getting paid so no big deal, it all pays the same, saves me from having to deal with the guy at night in the shop, as Racer says...easy peasy.

see, i get paid by the run, not hourly, unless we break down.

we only have one customer that we service, and the Penske shop is 1 mile from our warehouse. and Penske is all over New England, as well as many road service companies.

we are not even allowed to make any repairs, heck, every place i ever worked at, we were forbidden to make any repairs.

if our trucks break down, we have to sit and wait for another truck to come out to us, switch out, then make our deliveries. we go on the clock when we make that break down call, and off it when we start rolling again.

if no delivery can be made, we go out the next night, to our stops.

we are not under some constrictions for time that you might be, or some of the other's here as well. we do not deliver food, but electrical supplies and pipes (and so many other warehouse items) that are already in stock at the places we go to, these loads are either to re-stock, or special orders, that can be pushed off another day.

If a jackwad is driving around with the high beams on and won't put them down, yes, I give the idiot a blink of the porch lights. And most of those morons then turn their high beams down, probably because they are too stupit to realize they have the high beams on.

If some turd is driving around with their headlights out of adjustment I will make a comment on the radio, something like, "Hey driver, next time you get to the yard you should have your mechanic adjust those headlights. Don't need to be lighting up the treetops."

If a jackwad is driving around with the high beams on and won't put them down, yes, I give the idiot a blink of the porch lights. And most of those morons then turn their high beams down, probably because they are too stupit to realize they have the high beams on.

well, many of us have encountered drivers that drive with high beams on, that little blue light on the dash must be too pretty to shut off.

If some turd is driving around with their headlights out of adjustment I will make a comment on the radio, something like, "Hey driver, next time you get to the yard you should have your mechanic adjust those headlights. Don't need to be lighting up the treetops."

no one has ever had to tell me about my headlights being out of adjustment, but telling him, "yeah, i'll make that my first priority and get right on that just for you"

If ever there was a mindset that will be the end of a great nation, it will be the saying, "It's not MY job to do that. I don't get PAID to do that."

Biggest whiny, crybaby, cop out of all time.

It takes a screwdriver and about 5 flippin' minutes of your time to adjust freaking head lights pulled up to a shop door or wall.

I swear, I get so disgusted at that attitude.

If ever there was a mindset that will be the end of a great nation, it will be the saying, "It's not MY job to do that. I don't get PAID to do that."

Biggest whiny, crybaby, cop out of all time.

It takes a screwdriver and about 5 flippin' minutes of your time to adjust freaking head lights pulled up to a shop door or wall.

I swear, I get so disgusted at that attitude.

this from me in posting # 48

"no one has ever had to tell me about my headlights being out of adjustment, but telling him, "yeah, i'll make that my first priority and get right on that just for you"

in fact, my headlights are rather low to the ground, and believe it or not, so are my brites....!!!

my fog lights..??? forgedaboudem......

personally, i have no wall to drive up to at my warehouse...to aim the head lights

all the dock doors have trucks in them..

we have to stay hooked up to our trailer all the time, and since no "free wall space", why even make any attempt..??

i do not carry tools, and will not carry tools, but I DO take along a nicely loaded mini-cooler...

i ain't got no time to do a mechanics job, as i also do not get paid for it..

when the country started to open the flood gates and allow all the illegals to come in and get right onto welfare, and collect workman's comp for injuries while working here illegally, i "did my job" and i voted out the politicians that allowed all that crap to happen, but the country still went down hill.....

nowadays, i accept no responsibility for another person's job OR responsibilities...that is and has been now for a long time..."my mindset"....

if the day were to ever come, (and it won't as i have no desire to own my own truck), THEN WOULD i take to the tools and take responsibility for some if not all repairs.

but as long as i will be a company driver....screw driver..???

screw it....

it just ain't my yob-mohn........

Last edited by a moderator:
You just spent more time coming up with excuses and typing them out than it would have taken you to fix a flippin headlight out of adjustment. Case in point.
You just said finding a WALL was above your pay scale.
Really? Seriously?

I really can't convey my level of contempt.

You just spent more time coming up with excuses and typing them out than it would have taken you to fix a flippin headlight out of adjustment. Case in point.
You just said finding a WALL was above your pay scale.
Really? Seriously?

yeah...seriously.....

finding a wall is not what i get paid to do, now finding a loading dock........back into and off/re-load....i get paid for that..

I really can't convey my level of contempt.
yeah...but you still like me....c'mon.....admit it girl.....i'm still the cutie pie i always was....and can make you laugh........:wavey:

yeah...seriously.....

finding a wall is not what i get paid to do, now finding a loading dock........back into and off/re-load....i get paid for that..

yeah...but you still like me....c'mon.....admit it girl.....i'm still the cutie pie i always was....and can make you laugh........:wavey:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Dang fellers, almost 2 pages of BRIGHT EYES debate and no results seen. :wtflol:
Nothing from the O.P., so I'll figure youse guys scare him off.
- - - -
Ya know the saying: NEVER wrestle with a PIG in the mud?
Well it's the same as arguing or debating with pro1driver, they BOTH ENJOY IT!!
- - - -
Wild@Heart:
Not all headlights are screwdriver adjustable. Some screw drivers don't know how to adjust anything except maybe their seat.
Screw Driver: Those of US that drive 3 axle Tractors being the screw part is the shaft between the 1st and 2nd axle.
The term is from, I believe, the Navy for the "screws" that propel the Ships.

NO OTHER MEANING IMPLIED or INTENDED.

TWEAKS!!

Nah, he checked in earlier today. I suspect the bus ride to Sumner is gonna put a choke hold on his interweb access though.

probably will also put a choke hold on his back, and his sense of smell as well.....

never again will i bus to some orientation......(not that i'll ever have to again)

drive there, go by train, or by plane.....damn buses stop at every dirt hole along the way.