I want to thank you all for being here!

MaggieMae

TB Lurker
Credits
Let me start by saying my husband is okay. That way you won't have to worry.

I just finished typing a long post worrying about my husband and wondering how long to wait before calling to find out if he's okay. We've been in trucking for over 10 years, and I've never called an employer looking for him. I've survived him being stuck in blizzards and all sorts of crazy things, but tonight was extremely unusual. He calls me every morning when he finishes his run, and every night between waking up and heading out to start his night again. Like clockwork. ALWAYS. I rarely call him. He always calls me. Add to it he was in NYC and there are always stories about NYC being dangerous for truckers, and I'm sure you can understand my concern.

Right when I finished writing my post and hit the "create thread" button, he called! Thank goodness! This man is my world! He's absolutely fine!

Instead of not posting and going about my life as usual, I rewrote this post to thank everyone for being here. It's nice to know there's a place to come to ask questions, like "How long do I wait before I call to check on my husband's safety?"

Funny thing is I asked him tonight and his response was "I don't know. Just count 14 hours from when I last got off and know they're coming to get me." LOL We both pondered how long it takes companies to let families know when something happened to a driver. I'm so low maintenance I don't even have the phone numbers for his current employer.

Anyways, I'm not looking for answers. I just want you all to know that it's reassuring to know there's a place I can come when I need help or answers.