SAIA | I worked for SAIA for one day .....

Well actually if TM said he would be home more times than not as the driver stated himself, thats not being home everyday. If he was out 3 times and home 2 times a week thats still more times than not. U got 2 watch that tricky wording.
I caught that Rider but decided not to comment on it because I already had agitated him. You know our TM would have made it perfectly clear since he's a man with true integrity. Can't speak for the other TM because I don't know him. I will say I should have rephrased my response to "wondering" I should not have implied he expected to move ahead of a senior man. For that I will apologize to him. I just assumed he would have known that's the way it has to go down.

Last edited:
So I figure I could chime in on this situation because I have first-hand knowledge.

Yes, they GLK was supposedly going add bid runs to their lineup. What happened was they lost 2 runs instead. MKE kinda/sorta got one of them, and the other one vanished due to lack of freight. Who's fault is that? Central's fault. And the GLK TM for counting his chickens before they hatched. And yeah, if you hire on at GLK, you might end up in the system for a while. There are a couple of "senior" guys that pass on bidding and run the system instead so that would work out in the new hiree's favor, but for some people that's non-negotiable.

I don't blame wonderring for getting mad. He most likely left his old job to be at Saia GLK, and when he starts, the terms and conditions are completely reneg'ed. A lot of people felt that way about GLK, including the guys who transferred in there from CGO and MKE. Oh well, at least the driver shortage will keep the wind on your back.

So I figure I could chime in on this situation because I have first-hand knowledge.

Yes, they GLK was supposedly going add bid runs to their lineup. What happened was they lost 2 runs instead. MKE kinda/sorta got one of them, and the other one vanished due to lack of freight. Who's fault is that? Central's fault. And the GLK TM for counting his chickens before they hatched. And yeah, if you hire on at GLK, you might end up in the system for a while. There are a couple of "senior" guys that pass on bidding and run the system instead so that would work out in the new hiree's favor, but for some people that's non-negotiable.

I don't blame wonderring for getting mad. He most likely left his old job to be at Saia GLK, and when he starts, the terms and conditions are completely reneg'ed. A lot of people felt that way about GLK, including the guys who transferred in there from CGO and MKE. Oh well, at least the driver shortage will keep the wind on your back.
Our TM would have never done that. You start as a system driver and chances are good you would get a bid run soon when things pick up. Many of our guys prefer the system because of the money. Many system drivers run bid runs because of vacations, injuries and so on. But you are right the wind is at his back and he won't have any problems getting on somewhere else. And I wish him well. Hopefully he decides not to live like a pauper like he stated.

I saw the bid sheet before they cancelled the two runs and the driver transferred back to Milwaukee ... and I quit conway on 12/30. I did not quit to come to SAIA. I have a buddy down there that they were hiring and if you do get an interview the TM does not always tell the truth. So. I had no job. No plan. And money in the bank. So I gave it a try. I was told one thing and something entirely different happened. SAIA maybe a good job. But it was not going to work out for me. Especially when a man lies to you. Deja Vu all over again. Felt like Conway all over again.

Last edited:
Boo f****g whoooo!!!!!! Whether it be SAIA, Xpo, ABF, Southeastern, R&L, AAA Cooper, Old Domion, YRC, New Penn, Holland, Fed Ex, Central Transport, or even Black Horse Carriers... YOU ARE NOT A FREIGHT HAULER!!!! So no wonder you lasted as long as you did... Do us all a favor, and get a job at Geek Squad, because that's where it sounds like you belong.... No offense, just my opinion.

Boo f****g whoooo!!!!!! Whether it be SAIA, Xpo, ABF, Southeastern, R&L, AAA Cooper, Old Domion, YRC, New Penn, Holland, Fed Ex, Central Transport, or even Black Horse Carriers... YOU ARE NOT A FREIGHT HAULER!!!! So no wonder you lasted as long as you did... Do us all a favor, and get a job at Geek Squad, because that's where it sounds like you belong.... No offense, just my opinion.
Damn Bruiser your a bit hard on Wondering. He did work at Conway for 22 years so that counts for something. I think he is a FREIGHT HAULER that's just a bit impatient. He was lied to so he has a right to be upset but I just can't see walking away so soon. IMO he should have waited until freight pickups. If he would have given it a couple of months the man would have got a sweet run. But as he stated he has his grandmother to watch after and it just wouldn't have worked for him personally. Sometimes family must come first. I respect that. I would have liked a seasoned veteran to join our team. But he chose to leave so brother lets just let it be. Go drink a beer and hit the Ole lady up for some of that sweet stuff and you will be just fine.

It does not matter. Some of you guys have prejudged me which is fine... I left the LTL side of trucking and I am going to try something new in the trucking biz... The place I am going to is very excited to have me because of my experience and a CLEAN mvr. I wish most of you the best of luck in the LTL side which has gone into some drastic changes and enjoy your nanny cams....

It does not matter. Some of you guys have prejudged me which is fine... I left the LTL side of trucking and I am going to try something new in the trucking biz... The place I am going to is very excited to have me because of my experience and a CLEAN mvr. I wish most of you the best of luck in the LTL side which has gone into some drastic changes and enjoy your nanny cams....

Good luck "Wonderring" you be the best you can be, and you can never go wrong

My honest opinion: you will probably be much better off where you are going. I also did some time at Con-Job and Saia is headed down the same road with the hen-pecking, arrogant managers and nanny-cams. It's seriously scary like having deja vu watching it unfold over here.

Good luck to you!

Good luck wonderring99. You have to do what's best for you. Most companies would be quick to let you go if you weren't straight up with them. Anything is better than LTL minus food distribution. The pay may not be as good but pay isn't everything.