Central Transport | I would like your opinion and comments on something...

Jacknife18

Senile Member
Credits
:What is the MOST stressful part of your day? What is it about this change that makes it difficult? What has you thinking about a job change?

Finding a truck? Lack of training on CT handhelds? Central drivers treating you poorly? Coming in to the terminal at night and being forced to work the dock? Mandatory Saturday work? Lack of seamless integration? Management's attitude? Benefits package changes? No overtime till 55? Poor area in which the terminal is located/safety issues? Rule changes? Feeling of being lied to?

It's YOUR choice what to answer, but I'm making a rule: only ONE thing. DO NOT mention two issues. Most of us have more than one complaint, but I'm wondering what the PRIMARY complaint is. PLEASE give a BRIEF summary if you would like. NO PARAGRAPHS! (...something I'm famous for.)

THIS IS NOT A B1tCh session. If there is ANY hope that CT management cares at all about retaining Vitran drivers, let your true feelings be aired HERE, on THIS post. Tell CT management why you're considering giving up your job for the door. I'm already going... NO changing my mind. But, if you're on the fence... WHY?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, in the spirit of fairness- feel free to mention ONE thing you LIKE better about Central than Vitran. (Even I can find something!) ;-)

:What is the MOST stressful part of your day? What is it about this change that makes it difficult? What has you thinking about a job change?

Finding a truck? Lack of training on CT handhelds? Central drivers treating you poorly? Coming in to the terminal at night and being forced to work the dock? Mandatory Saturday work? Lack of seamless integration? Management's attitude? Benefits package changes? No overtime till 55? Poor area in which the terminal is located/safety issues? Rule changes? Feeling of being lied to?

It's YOUR choice what to answer, but I'm making a rule: only ONE thing. DO NOT mention two issues. Most of us have more than one complaint, but I'm wondering what the PRIMARY complaint is. PLEASE give a BRIEF summary if you would like. NO PARAGRAPHS! (...something I'm famous for.)

THIS IS NOT A B1tCh session. If there is ANY hope that CT management cares at all about retaining Vitran drivers, let your true feelings be aired HERE, on THIS post. Tell CT management why you're considering giving up your job for the door. I'm already going... NO changing my. mind. But, if you're on the fence... WHY?
My biggest complaint is getting bounced to a different route everyday...When you have a regular route and get to know your customers they will work with you...Like help you move your freight around....Unload you on their lunch or breaks ....You learn short cuts and move in a much more efficient manner...Backing up to the right docks...etc....You know billing errors that don't show they have moved....But you know and just run it on down there if it's close or take it off if it's not....Running the same route everyday is everything for me....Too many perks to mention....I will leave shortly if they don't at least start trying to move in that direction.

Communication, or lack thereof. It has been necessary, throughout this whole transition, to take it upon ourselves to get answers because there just haven't been people in place to answer questions. I do believe that it's not necessarily the fault of the terminal people ... they haven't had the answers to give. 'Nuff said.

On a positive note, I believe that this is going to 'eventually' be a positive merge. One thing that I think stands out as being better than Vitran is less paperwork due to everything being done on the hand-helds.

Job security. Not knowing if there's a job is very stressful. Once that's resolved, we'll breath easy. Everything else is minor by comparison.

We like quite a few things at CT. Way less sitting time waiting for loads it seems. Most CT employees and managers have been very pleasant and fair.

Hey jacknife, r u charging a co pay for this theraputic session. ( im pretty sure i bombed on spelling that word) lol. As a former employee of both outfits, one thing i hated about ctii was no direct deposit. And one good thing about ctii was................

Being lied to about dock and saturday work from an ex Pjax employee. Should of known since the stamp man married into the maroun family. the good thing is matty is 86 maybe there will be some change with mathew.

I have way to many to stop at only one, so I will go with the direction of the company in general, is what stressed me out before I left, I can't stand or tolerate incompetence

as far as for a good thing, I'll say the only good thing I was able to come up with in my time there was the fact that each pro# while the same is also different, in that each one is assigned to a separate skid or handling unit, if used properly that would save a ton on claims, key is if used properly.

I want MORE previous Vitran drivers to answer this question. If you are reading this and haven't answered this question, PLEASE do so now?
Even if you feel like your opinion doesn't matter- SPEAK UP. You are probably speaking for many drivers and dock workers who won't. Maybe they have given up hope. Maybe this will do a bit of good. If you're already planning on leaving, it will do a brother some good. Speak up. Sound off. I care little for Central, but I love the heck out of my previously Vitran brothers. Also, I've met some great Central drivers. I'm always asking myself "What the HECK is THIS guy doing HERE?!". Some of you Central drivers are so much better than your company.

I have way to many to stop at only one, so I will go with the direction of the company in general, is what stressed me out before I left, I can't stand or tolerate incompetence

as far as for a good thing, I'll say the only good thing I was able to come up with in my time there was the fact that each pro# while the same is also different, in that each one is assigned to a separate skid or handling unit, if used properly that would save a ton on claims, key is if used properly.

Spoken like the true professional I know you to be.

The barn is horrible. Dust bowl, feels like your driving on moon. When it rains it turns into a mud pit.
Dust jus floats in the air. Bathroom is nasty. I rather **** behind a trailer. Did I mention how dirty the place is... lol

positives: working less hr. No more than 30 min wait at meets. Im doing my run in 10hrs or less. Vitran was 12 or 13hr turn

this place is ran similar to vitran, only worse. the difference is you make less across the board. c.t. employees have been cool for the most part. i'm just going to keep a slow pace and cash in as much as possible. during this merger there's too many problems to zero in on people for slacking, there's trailers of freight sitting in yard still needing to be broke and delivered.

this place is ran similar to vitran, only worse. the difference is you make less across the board. c.t. employees have been cool for the most part. i'm just going to keep a slow pace and cash in as much as possible. during this merger there's too many problems to zero in on people for slacking, there's trailers of freight sitting in yard still needing to be broke and delivered.

Spoke to a different TM than mine the other day and he confirmed that they were going to keep the cream of the crop after the 1st of the year. I told them the major complaint that I had was stripping my trailer/working the dock when I get done with my peddle. He said that that probably would not change.

Yea looking into it. Cost me $6.00 a week at vitran checking other options
I haven't checked premiums yet. We still have short term disability for now.

If something happens before I find a new policy, I'll be hubby's short term disability insurance via getting a job ASAP.