XPO | I wouldn't buy XPO stock!

This is what you said, put down the pipe
Reread what I posted. My comment was a response to the OP making the ignorant claim that the union funded the buyout. If you look closely, you'll see all three sentences I wrote end with a question mark. I was asking questions, not making statements. In the future, instead of making witty comments like put the pipe down, make sure you comprehend what was written.

Reread what I posted. My comment was a response to the OP making the ignorant claim that the union funded the buyout. If you look closely, you'll see all three sentences I wrote end with a question mark. I was asking questions, not making statements. In the future, instead of making witty comments like put the pipe down, make sure you comprehend what was written.
You're right I quoted they wrong post

Keeps buying companies not yet making $$$$$ WallStreet will grow impatient!

Phony numbers is what this guy is about. Now with a Roadway Exc as your president get ready for your card. The union funded this overtaking. I would look for other opportunities cause he ain't made a profit yet with this XPO crap. This guy doesn't care about you or anyone else. Heard big accounts walking out the door after what they did to a lot of valuable people last Friday. Should have cut management not sales. Brad is not smart enough to know that this is relationship business not the Trash or Rental industry.
Well,wall street doesn't agree w/ your perceptive insight about xpo stock. xpo stock took a big hit after Mr. Jacobs went on a huge spending spree. However, xpo stock is on the rebound cause xpo customers like the idea of Mr. Jacob's plan of acquiring assets. You know what read

Phony numbers is what this guy is about. Now with a Roadway Exc as your president get ready for your card. The union funded this overtaking. I would look for other opportunities cause he ain't made a profit yet with this XPO crap. This guy doesn't care about you or anyone else. Heard big accounts walking out the door after what they did to a lot of valuable people last Friday. Should have cut management not sales. Brad is not smart enough to know that this is relationship business not the Trash or Rental industry.
Well, an article that I read from the Wall Street Journal, totally disagrees w/ you. According to their assessment, investors hated the buying spree, but potential customs liked the prospect of Mr. Jacob's play of going from asset light to asset right. My advice, get in on the ground floor and buy xpo stock while it's relatively cheap so that you'll be able to sell it off one day when you retire for a killing. htt://www.wsj.com/articles/orbis-bets-big-on-xpo-logistics1447263374? mod=yahoo_hs

I think it's time to put this thread to bed.
Wait!, before we put this confusing thread to bed let me say one thing-, XPO stock will not be available in our 401K plans. I asked corporate specifically if they'd be offering XPO stock in our 401k and they said, " no, not at this time", they don't want to have another 'Enron' disaster on their hands. You got to buy XPO stock from your local broker if you want it.

If you read the thread it was about one of your driver say the union was paying for this takeover to push you guys into their pension fund, not about how XPO was going to preform.

Everyone at my barn has considered XPO a buy since it was announced. We were all pretty pissed he wouldn't let us buy XPO stock with the 401K.

Not being allowed to buy your own company's stock in your 401k should be a small cause for concern.
Hmmmmm.
{scratching head}

We couldn't buy Conway stock either. At least up here. Had to buy on the market. Nothing new.

They busted their asses to buy back as much of the Con-way stock as they could. Ran programs to get us to sell off our shares from our retirement plans. All to increase the company's value to a potential buyer. IT WORKED.

Hmmm! Looks like time has told the story on Mr. Jacobs' ability as a savvy business man in the LTL biz. His LTL out performance in 2Q confounded Wall street and even himself:35 cents a deluded share instead of the expected 19 cents. Not bad! Profits are up, a whopping 66% gain in operating income from this time last year. EBITDA substantially improved. OR lowered to 86.7 Seems like the doom and gloom forecasts were premature. Hope his run keeps going into 3Q.

Hmmm! Looks like time has told the story on Mr. Jacobs' ability as a savvy business man in the LTL biz. His LTL out performance in 2Q confounded Wall street and even himself:35 cents a deluded share instead of the expected 19 cents. Not bad! Profits are up, a whopping 66% gain in operating income from this time last year. EBITDA substantially improved. OR lowered to 86.7 Seems like the doom and gloom forecasts were premature. Hope his run keeps going into 3Q.
I don't care to keep up with all the financials. I'm busy working and raising a family/running a household. It sure would be nice to have a meeting once and a while to let us know how we are doing. This lack of communication keeps coming up. Any positive info would be great, don't you think?