Yellow | IBT Agrees to Divisive YRC Pay Deal

I was making around $24 an hour when we voted on the MOU. It passed. Now I'm making around $22 after 8 years. I (and others ) VOTED to give something we already had back to the company. I can't make it any planer than that.

You never gave anything back. All the money you earned when you were paid $24 an hour was yours to keep. The moment the MOU was accepted your new pay rate was lower than $24 per hour and you got to keep all you made at that rate. If the price of something (our labor for instance) changes, the new rate - whatever it is - is what we get paid. You can't give back what you never got. You simply accepted less going forward. On the other hand, if you want to pretend you actually gave back something you never got, have at it.

You never gave anything back. All the money you earned when you were paid $24 an hour was yours to keep. The moment the MOU was accepted your new pay rate was lower than $24 per hour and you got to keep all you made at that rate. If the price of something (our labor for instance) changes, the new rate - whatever it is - is what we get paid. You can't give back what you never got. You simply accepted less going forward. On the other hand, if you want to pretend you actually gave back something you never got, have at it.
I refer you to my last post.

i have always wondered how a publicly traded company could conceal billions of dollars, and no one in the securities and exchange commission, the IRS, state and local taxing bodies, or even their banks that they owe millions to, do not suspect anything, especially with all the people on here that accuse them of doing this on social media???

They had to do something or just close the doors of which is still an option? At PHI YRC 152 it was an embarrassment cartage out the wazoo and now no more until June we are told when Vacations kick in! Cartage was not getting the job done and was way too Costly they couldn't even kep track of who had what and when it was delivered! A disgrace

i have always wondered how a publicly traded company could conceal billions of dollars, and no one in the securities and exchange commission, the IRS, state and local taxing bodies, or even their banks that they owe millions to, do not suspect anything, especially with all the people on here that accuse them of doing this on social media???

It's truly a mystery isn't it? :hilarious:

If there is a will there is a way ! https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-15/four-ways-rich-people-can-still-hide-their-money

They had to do something or just close the doors of which is still an option? At PHI YRC 152 it was an embarrassment cartage out the wazoo and now no more until June we are told when Vacations kick in! Cartage was not getting the job done and was way too Costly they couldn't even kep track of who had what and when it was delivered! A disgrace
It's still not going to work. The company is failing and is being run by incompetents. Everybody knows it. That's why nobody with anything but a short time job in mind will go to work for YRC. They, too, know it's only temporary.
It's kinda like the Titanic dubbed the "Unsinkable Superliner" of it's time. Absolutely safe and the most advanced and fastest ocean line ever built.
How many of those 2200 people that boarded the Titanic just before leaving England for New York would have actually boarded that liner if they had known it was going to sink? How about NONE. But instead they did because the ship line and the Captain all were considered experts in building and operating safe ships.
The same comparison can be made with YRC, except, unlike the passengers of the Titanic, there are too many that can see the future of YRC. It, too, has been falsely promoted by the company and it's "captain" (the past and present CEO's) that the company, YRC, is safe, in good hands and is in no danger of "going down". Many believed that, including investors, customers and employees , so they stayed on, even agreeing to two different versions of MOU pay givebacks. Now, as with the Titanic, the ship has sailed - left port. Many at YRC have little choice but to "stay the course" because they have so much time and money invested in YRC (especially the MOU years). Some that can, are "jumping ship" because they see the end coming. Others, for whatever reason, are staying till the bitter end. Meanwhile the "captain" and his closest crew (CEO James Welch and his exec board) have already prepared their personal lifeboats. They are not about to "go down with the ship" if the ship (company) goes down.
The reason there is now so much trouble getting good qualified people to even apply at YRC, is that it is obvious to them that the ship called
USS Yellow (aka USS Dead Fish) or YRC has too many holes in it to stay afloat for much longer, especially since it's captain and operating crew are incompetent. Why get on a ship that's doomed to sink? It's better to find another, more stable, dependable ship, with a future. The smart ones are passing by YRC and going elsewhere.

It's still not going to work. The company is failing and is being run by incompetents. Everybody knows it. That's why nobody with anything but a short time job in mind will go to work for YRC. They, too, know it's only temporary.
It's kinda like the Titanic dubbed the "Unsinkable Superliner" of it's time. Absolutely safe and the most advanced and fastest ocean line ever built.
How many of those 2200 people that boarded the Titanic just before leaving England for New York would have actually boarded that liner if they had known it was going to sink? How about NONE. But instead they did because the ship line and the Captain all were considered experts in building and operating safe ships.
The same comparison can be made with YRC, except, unlike the passengers of the Titanic, there are too many that can see the future of YRC. It, too, has been falsely promoted by the company and it's "captain" (the past and present CEO's) that the company, YRC, is safe, in good hands and is in no danger of "going down". Many believed that, including investors, customers and employees , so they stayed on, even agreeing to two different versions of MOU pay givebacks. Now, as with the Titanic, the ship has sailed - left port. Many at YRC have little choice but to "stay the course" because they have so much time and money invested in YRC (especially the MOU years). Some that can, are "jumping ship" because they see the end coming. Others, for whatever reason, are staying till the bitter end. Meanwhile the "captain" and his closest crew (CEO James Welch and his exec board) have already prepared their personal lifeboats. They are not about to "go down with the ship" if the ship (company) goes down.
The reason there is now so much trouble getting good qualified people to even apply at YRC, is that it is obvious to them that the ship called
USS Yellow (aka USS Dead Fish) or YRC has too many holes in it to stay afloat for much longer, especially since it's captain and operating crew are incompetent. Why get on a ship that's doomed to sink? It's better to find another, more stable, dependable ship, with a future. The smart ones are passing by YRC and going elsewhere.
Nice analogy.
And especially the investing time with the MOU years.
It's true. Along with the other 22 plus I will have invested by 19.
Yes.
Anyone who has been there as long as I. And there are many. Can see the writing on the wall. Anything they do now is too little too late. Not trying to be a smart ass. Just putting my small view out here.
One other thing.
If they really... really... Wanted to hire new help. Why not just start them at 20 bucks an hour? 13-16 minus 15 percent will have new hires thinking.
A flat out 20 bucks would be a no brainer. People would jump on board this sinking ship without a thought so why not just offer it up. Cheap bastards. :17142:

I don't see PHI on the list KK posted. Why is that? I guess cartage beats having to pay a little more.