Yellow | IBT Approves YRC Cameras in all Trucks

In an accident it doesn't matter what is on that film in regards to liability. Any of you that have been around awhile know no matter who is at fault the company pays. They will never let a accident involving a 18 wheeler see a courtroom.

They install cameras, sway detectors, and the company swears that the information is for training purposes only. And no one knows how they collect the video for "counseling purposes only." You guys running e-logs?

They install cameras, sway detectors, and the company swears that the information is for training purposes only. And no one knows how they collect the video for "counseling purposes only." You guys running e-logs?

They, as well as others have to be compliant by 12/11/2017...KK

How does YRC upload the video off of the trucks?
Here it is all video is uploaded by satellite to a company in California and they look and decide what to send to YRC safety department then it is sent to the driver coach in email the management at the terminal cannot even get on to look at it only the coaches have access to it so you all need to relax and if you are a safe driver and I know you all are then there is no problem

Here it is all video is uploaded by satellite to a company in California and they look and decide what to send to YRC safety department then it is sent to the driver coach in email the management at the terminal cannot even get on to look at it only the coaches have access to it so you all need to relax and if you are a safe driver and I know you all are then there is no problem

Dilly, I'm not sure if you're aware, but posting facts, using rational thought, and exercising common sense is likely to get you banned from TB (or at very least make you very unpopular). This is the place for whining, misery, and for projecting the future demise of YRC. Anything else is verboten.

If you get called in to the office, take a steward with you, & demand to see the video in question before you talk about it. Do not talk about it until all parties can see the EVIDENCE that they want to counsel you about or give you a Article 46. Make them prove their case. If they put that information in you file without a proper hearing on it, file on unfair labor practice or anything else that might work. FORCE them to prove their claim. Anything less, & they will steam roll over everyone @ you barn. If you can force them to show the video every time, they will think twice after they have lost a few in meetings.

If you get called in to the office, take a steward with you, & demand to see the video in question before you talk about it. Do not talk about it until all parties can see the EVIDENCE that they want to counsel you about or give you a Article 46. Make them prove their case. If they put that information in you file without a proper hearing on it, file on unfair labor practice or anything else that might work. FORCE them to prove their claim. Anything less, & they will steam roll over everyone @ you barn. If you can force them to show the video every time, they will think twice after they have lost a few in meetings.
THERE IS GOING TO BE NO DISSAPLIN ALL YOU WILL DO IS LOOK AT THE VIDEO ALONG WITH ANOTHER DRIVER NO MANAGEMENT AT ALL

THERE IS GOING TO BE NO DISSAPLIN ALL YOU WILL DO IS LOOK AT THE VIDEO ALONG WITH ANOTHER DRIVER NO MANAGEMENT AT ALL
You may be right, but I think they will come after you if they can. Holding back the better dispatch runs in the city or road etc. If they can't write you up, they will play their favorites, count on it, it is in their DNA. Besides, it is automatic for a witness or steward in the office. They don't have your meeting on the dock when the want to talk to you, do they? Be safe out there. von.

I have no idea. I just know that can't use it against us.

That remains to be seen. One minute the POS union will tell you one thing, And the next minute the POS union will tell you another. :heykoolaid: Drink up. One minute you have a pension the next minute you dont. Do you need a refill ? :heykoolaid:

Last edited:
In an accident it doesn't matter what is on that film in regards to liability. Any of you that have been around awhile know no matter who is at fault the company pays. They will never let a accident involving a 18 wheeler see a courtroom.

But the driver will be fired immediately.