ABF | IBT is letting ups leave central states!!!fact

I just read the entire article and what it said was if an agreement could be reached that satisfied both sides they would allow UPS to pull out.

No public proposals have been made yet on that agreement and no decision has been made. If it's a bad deal for the union, it's not gonna happen.

The only facts available at this point is the fact that it's being discussed.

Now, with all that said I do believe UPS will be allowed to pull out but the price tag will be very steep and what remains of the funds will be in much better shape afterwards

You're right CFer, there is only an if. IF I'm not mistaken, it will probably need a ratification vote by the rank and file members in order for it to pass. This is a industry of change. I have seen the days where you couldn't get a job without a Union Card, to today when a warm *** in a truck seat gets you a job. I think we need to see what they have to offer and then tell'um where to.....

Is this a Precursor ??

This action pauses me to think that this may be a precursor to the eventual collapse of the teamster retirement funds altogether.

All we can do is stay strong as union members and voice our concerns in the upcoming contract negotiations.

Everyone's input counts !!

I think the Union is putting it in the hands of the members. They have the right to vote for or against. I am sure they will vote it down. That way UPS can't be mad at the union.

From what I hear from a feeder steward in Greensboro he feels that the membership down here will vote to separate from Central States. I personally feel that is a bad idea. But I can't vote. DS.

From what I hear from a feeder steward in Greensboro he feels that the membership down here will vote to separate from Central States. I personally feel that is a bad idea. But I can't vote. DS.

Hey DS do you think maybe the BS from APWA might have had some influence down here on this issue?

The APWA wont be a factor at all. If it goes to a vote in contract form it will pass. Less than 50% of the people vote, of that a majority wont read thru the contract, they will just look at the $ amount.
The reason I asked DS this question was because we are in the same local with the ***** that started the wanta be union.I know all to well that our union is just like the country when it comes to a using a right that many have given their lives to insure.
Voter apathy is alive and well in all walks of life.