Yellow | IBT just sent this to me

I think they call it "saving face" Hoffa should be impeached ..
Yes, he should- but he won't be. If he is against it, then he should make sure our cuts are as low as can be, starting our small and taking a couple of years to get us to the lower rate. But he won't,he will get his millions, when he retires. You can bet on it. say good bye pension. DID YOU HEAR THAT ? I BET IS DAD JUST CAME OUT OF HIS GRAVE, SAYING SON, WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY GREAT PLAN FOR BY BROTHERS?

Hoffa was previously all for that legislation. I'd bet he knew it was a done deal when he finally came out against it.
Of course he knew. He sits on the board of directors of NCCMP which has been the driving force behind Kline-Miller. NCCMP has been lobbying congress for years to remove the anti cutback rule from ERISA. NCCMP's PAC money, some of it from DRIVE, has bought and paid for the Kline-Miller bill to cut our pensions.

Didn't Nyman say CSPF would only needed a 30% cut in pensions?
Minnesota Rep. Collin Peterson, a Democrat representing the state’s Seventh District, cited the measure as one reason he will vote against the overall budget bill.

“I’ve had it with them legislating in appropriations bills,” Peterson said. “Some people’s pensions could be cut by 50 percent. That’s a pretty big deal.”....................................
I think the 30% is the ole " foot in the door" deal. I seen nothing saying they can't come back for more. Just my opinion.:hissyfit:

Democrats must be against a budget all together, or we wouldn't be in our 6th year without one... That is the responsibility of Congress, every 1st hearing of every year... They haven't done that, so, I wouldn't take what he said as a solidarity to save pensions... The HOR has sent 5 different budgets to the Democratic controlled Senate, all have been put on hold or stalemated.. They have stolen from it and now they are trying to cover it up, plain and simple.. And the ones coming out trying to "save face" to it, are just trying to keep their jobs...

I know I'll be sleeping easier tonight! I think we're getting:2437:
actually Stark, you have a point, just because the law says you can cut to the bone, does not mean that central states has to.
ONE BIG QUESTION??????????? If ups has cut a deal , saying ups teamsters will not be cut, because it would not be fair for ups to make up the difference.
Then this smells of bribes and payoffs, PLUS , It would be discriminatory, to cut everyone else and not them. After all we are all brothers. RIGHT ?????

If ups drivers do not have to take a cut, then the rest of us will have to pay more to right the ship. THIS IS WRONG AND I BELIEVE MILLER AND KLINE SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED, TO FIND OUT IF THEY TOOK BRIBES.

Can someone help me take this viral or begin a topic on this, I am going to write to everyone, starting with Obama, and working right on down. Thanks ESP

I am not against the cuts, but I am against discrimination in every form.

For those of you, that do not know this, Yes ups got out of central states, however, the drivers when the retire will get two checks, one from central states for time served under them and one from UPS for time served there after the change to ups retirement. So if they do not take a cut at CS, then we who are getting cut will be forced to take a bigger cut to make up the difference. Hope this helps, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is the BILL "Gives trustees of pension funds the ability to cut " it doesn't say they have to. If Hoffa is really against it can't he just tell trustees not to do it?
I doubt it would be legal for him to meddle with the trustees.

For those of you, that do not know this, Yes ups got out of central states, however, the drivers when the retire will get two checks, one from central states for time served under them and one from UPS for time served there after the change to ups retirement. So if they do not take a cut at CS, then we who are getting cut will be forced to take a bigger cut to make up the difference. Hope this helps, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
You are correct sir... In saying that, UPS could have paid more to opt out and saved those UPS drivers on Central States, but they opted... They could have bought them completely out of CS and saved them the difference, but why? Who would have thought this would happen? Everyone or anyone who paid attention to what was going on when UPS bought out of CS.. Why you ask? Because if the contributions that were going in on UPS driver's behalf, are no longer being put in, the pension fund had to dwindle or become stagnant on their part.. No money coming in, no new members, no heightened funds... Other than active contributions.. And I still say, someone was taking from it besides the retirees(just my opinion)This is a pimple that has built until it festered...