TForce | IBT MEMO on UPS May 10, 2018

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
jK9Qvyu.jpg

This is so typical of the teamster brass, put out a memo on Thursday try to hold meetings on Mother's Day weekend and vote the next week.

The dictionary definition of disorganized labor.

Yes you do get paid. It's not much but typically strikes dont last long. Nobody wins in a strike but somethings are worth fighting for. This vote doesn't mean we're going on strike yet. They have until August 1 to work out a deal. Even then negotiations can be extended without a strike.

I was told strike fund pays around$250 a week.as was stated previously this doesn't mean we are striking.. but I believe it's important to vote Yes,if we don't aproapp it we lose the little power we have.. I like everyone else have bills.. but if you know Ups Freight..the t probably won't offer much of anything so yes brothers and sisters we need to vote yes!!

I was told strike fund pays around$250 a week.as was stated previously this doesn't mean we are striking.. but I believe it's important to vote Yes,if we don't aproapp it we lose the little power we have.. I like everyone else have bills.. but if you know Ups Freight..the t probably won't offer much of anything so yes brothers and sisters we need to vote yes!!

I second this, without a strike authorization vote, the company will know they can railroad us. Vote YES!

Thank you. Yes, i realize this is merely a vote on whether to strike, not an actual strike yet. i've just never been through a strike so i'm not clear at all what happens.....

The $150-$350 per week. doesn't bother me because i could use a break and i'm really tight with a temp company and he can put me to work immediately. Plus i have that easy weekend drop and hook gig.

I agree..we need to spread the word..to our brothers and sisters.. please vote Yes.. without it we lose what little power we have.. I like most don't want to strike.. but if that's what it takes to get a fare contact.. well I have some comfortable walking shoes!

Just a warning,that you should really confirm strike pay,seeing the union claims they are short on money, to have to cut our pensions.
Also if I'm correct I think you are only entitled to strike pay if your walking on the picket line.

Just a warning,that you should really confirm strike pay,seeing the union claims they are short on money, to have to cut our pensions.
Also if I'm correct I think you are only entitled to strike pay if your walking on the picket line.
Yep not walking a picket line is frowned upon.

Thank you. Yes, i realize this is merely a vote on whether to strike, not an actual strike yet. i've just never been through a strike so i'm not clear at all what happens.....

The $150-$350 per week. doesn't bother me because i could use a break and i'm really tight with a temp company and he can put me to work immediately. Plus i have that easy weekend drop and hook gig.

You're going to have to work the picket line, just know that

So the union is also guilty of paying as they call it, scab wages.....LOL