TForce | IBT outlines driver focus

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
IBT outlines driver focus
[SIZE=-1]Fleet Owner (subscription) - USA
On the heels of its successful effort to begin organizing workers at LTL giant UPS Freight, formerly Overnite Transportation, under a “card check” with the ...[/SIZE]

Wow Jeff it looks like the Teamsters have a full plate...

as far as their organizing efforts,to gain new members.

I was woundering who paid for all the Teamster leaders,and their 7000 delegates to go,and and stay in Vagas for a week?

Should we say to all the Teamster members, this is your dues money at work?

ya,,,and when I asked to drive the caddy the ba drives he thought i was crazy!! I said why not I'm helping pay for it!!

So begone are you a Teamster?

If so,where does the money come from for this trip every year?
And why is it always Vagas?

I was a Teamster 20 years ago,but I don't remember who paid for the union leaders outtings?
I thought these trips,and acomadations were provided from some of our monthly dues payments?

no i was teamster for 15 years and came to the big "O" I got better retirement and wages went up not down,,,seems every contract I took it in the kester,, going backwards in wage was getting old

Apostolic said:
If so,where does the money come from for this trip every year?
And why is it always Vagas?

I was a Teamster 20 years ago,but I don't remember who paid for the union leaders outtings?
I thought these trips,and acomadations were provided from some of our monthly dues payments?
Just thought I could help out here. The Teamster Constitution says there will be a convention every 5 years to elect a new president and make changes to the Constitution and give reports to delegates and alternates on the status of the union. I'm not sure of the exact number of delegates and alternates, but it wasn't 7000. It was an estimate of 7000 people attended the convention. This included guests, and retirees. The IBT is a not for profit organization and so if you are delegate or an alternate your way is paid by your local, with dues monies. This is a very important convention and is overseen by the US Government, under the consent decree. Let no one fool you, lots of hard work went into this convention to make it happen. I was one of the people that worked 10 hours a day to make part of it happen. I think Las Vegas is the venue because the amount of rooms needed and the room rates are able to be gotten at good rates. Just my 2 cents. DS.

Docksteward said:
Just thought I could help out here. The Teamster Constitution says there will be a convention every 5 years to elect a new president and make changes to the Constitution and give reports to delegates and alternates on the status of the union. I'm not sure of the exact number of delegates and alternates, but it wasn't 7000. It was an estimate of 7000 people attended the convention. This included guests, and retirees. The IBT is a not for profit organization and so if you are delegate or an alternate your way is paid by your local, with dues monies. This is a very important convention and is overseen by the US Government, under the consent decree. Let no one fool you, lots of hard work went into this convention to make it happen. I was one of the people that worked 10 hours a day to make part of it happen. I think Las Vegas is the venue because the amount of rooms needed and the room rates are able to be gotten at good rates. Just my 2 cents. DS.

Great explanation DS. You nailed it

Thanks for clearing this up for me,Docksteward.

I had 20 years in the Teamsters,but I'm now past a 20 year break in service.

You may wounder why I'm still driving LTL,P & D,for going on 44 years.

Well God is still blessing me with very good health,And I still really enjoy making a living driving a truck.

But I've been away from being a Teamster so long,its hard to remember how they ran their orgainzation?

begone said:
no i was teamster for 15 years and came to the big "O" I got better retirement and wages went up not down,,,seems every contract I took it in the kester,, going backwards in wage was getting old
I agree Big O/UPSF always treated my right...:smilie_132:

"I think Las Vegas is the venue because the amount of rooms needed and the room rates are able to be gotten at good rates......."

AND IT IS UNION!.....KK