Yellow | IBT's Economic Advisor Says YRCW Will Very Likely Declare BK If TA Rejected!

Each previous vote was a bandaid, keep kiking the can down the road. Road is ending, no more places to kick the can. THis won't fix the debt, just buys more time for econmy to improve. Previous votes all did what was intended, preserve 32000 jobs for another time period. That's what this one will do too, if passed. QUestions is for how long

you forgot about the 70000 jobs it took away

Can anybody verify job count? TDU says 26K Teamsters jobs at stake. Teamsters website say 30K ,now it is 32K. So If I am correct there is 26K in Teamsters jobs and 4 to 6K in nonunion?:shrug:

probably depends on how many are layed off at that paticular time

Had it not been for yellow we would have been in a better situation! NOW it(from what I read here) THEY finally did themselves in ! BTY if not realized I'm former ROADWAY! still voting YES

My thoughts exactly!

really they said by the 2nd of feb some people are really out in left field your post and his make no sence ..............show me where they said they would close the day the no s won example its the superbowl its third down...... 21 seconds left you kick the winning field goal from the 25 yard line to win......in case theres a bad snap and you recover you still have time to kick field goal on 4 th down

MIght be my memory, but didn't most of the job loss come when we combined? Didn't that happen before the givebacks?
Yes that is true.
It's also true we lost a ton of business because freight was intentionaly damaged and misloaded on to the wrong trailers. Freight didn't show up for weeks to the customer. We had many trailers come in from 309 like this.

Wall Street verses Main Street. .....Wall Street always wins!

With the Fed giving them 85 Billion a month of worthless dollars, maybe. Without Bailouts they would've had to restructure things like GM and Fannie/Freddie thru bankruptcy, and the Regular People would win. True Capitalism Always runs true. We haven't had True Capitalism in over 100 years....

Likely to declare bankruptcy.Hmm that could be at any time they want.Declarations and actually finding a bankruptcy judge to hear the case.Is two different things.Economic advisor is ambiguous with his remarks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I have a thought for everyone on the non union carriers. They are starting new hires with experience at $18.00 per hour(just a figure) with a raise after lets say 6 months when you have proven your experience. If the MOU gets voted down and YRC closes the doors why would the non union company start you out at $18.00 per hour when they can start at lets say $10.00 per hour with a raise in a year because now there is 26000 more people to choose from. Just my opinion.

Not much less then we are making now. New hires would benefit!

I have a thought for everyone on the non union carriers. They are starting new hires with experience at $18.00 per hour(just a figure) with a raise after lets say 6 months when you have proven your experience. If the MOU gets voted down and YRC closes the doors why would the non union company start you out at $18.00 per hour when they can start at lets say $10.00 per hour with a raise in a year because now there is 26000 more people to choose from. Just my opinion.